PDA

View Full Version : Det. T. J. Brock

07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
OKEECHOBEE — Sheriff Paul May on Wednesday fired a detective who’s under criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, according to a press release.

Former Detective Sgt. T.J. Brock is under investigation for sexual misconduct involving a woman inmate at the Okeechobee County Jail.

Brock was suspended with pay late last week when the investigation began.

The Sheriff’s Office offered no new details about the allegations against Brock.

- Don't know what to say about all this. I have known TJ since I was a youth and later had opportunities to work cases with him. Even though he wasn't a fan of my department (and I have to say that we weren't too fond of him), I'd hate to see his talent go to waste. I have never seen anybody interview a child the way TJ has. This is all just a shame, but if he did this, he needs to pay the price. He would preach to us about the bible and doing good unto others. If this is all true, I hope that he understands that he wasn't following his own teachings and that he has hurt a lot of people.

07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Regardless of the Brock situation, it has been our experience that most who preach ALL the time, usually are the one's with their hand in the cookie jar. Think about all the people pulled over who have that "fish" on their vehicles. 8 outta 10 times they are quick to preach, but there is always something floppy about 'em. I am not saying this about all Christians, just a point to be pondered. Religion works quite well as a crutch. Always has, always will. "The devil made me do it." "God says......." "Jesus did..."
Step up and look around the corner of life. Usually, ...you are the only one who had the ability to put yourself in that corner.

10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
no one is perfect. a believer who wants to share with others what he believes to be powerful and good can make a mistake like ppl who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves. Hes a good person who made a stupid decision. He changed lives with the talent he had with his job. one misdeed shouldnt take away from all the good hes done. hes no angel but hes definitely no demon, hes human.