PDA

View Full Version : Name a Coworker that goes above and beyond...

07-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Hello,

Let's try something a little more positive than constantly bashing each other. Name a Deputy at LCSO that you think goes above and beyond his/her normal duties. Someone that serves as a role model to you or others.

I'll start it off,

MCU Detective Sands, since the Jail he has gone that extra mile. Competent and complete booking sheets, great work ethic and a nice guy to boot.

Your turn..

Oh and I already feel the crushing possibility of this turning into a hate fest, please try and find some good in someone.....

07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey I know...HOW ABOUT SOMEONE CHARLIE GOT RID OF THAT HAD GOOD QUALITIES?

07-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Hello,

Let's try something a little more positive than constantly bashing each other. Name a Deputy at LCSO that you think goes above and beyond his/her normal duties. Someone that serves as a role model to you or others.

I'll start it off,

MCU Detective Sands, since the Jail he has gone that extra mile. Competent and complete booking sheets, great work ethic and a nice guy to boot.

Your turn..

Oh and I already feel the crushing possibility of this turning into a hate fest, please try and find some good in someone.....
Parks - Jam "do anything for anyone" All around good guy!

07-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Lee Bushong - Doesn't let a BS IA, public humiliation, or demotions get him down. He fights to come back to work and now he's back. He's no quitter, by gosh.

07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
I like this idea much better than the in-fighting that's been going on! Good call, Westman!

And I have to agree with the two choices so far - Sands and Parks! Hard workers and much deserved of the recognition.

07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I would agree with Sands and Parks, lets not forget Hicks, he has moved up in the agency fast and always makes people laugh no matter what is going on.

07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
PARKS haha get the cheese out.

07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes rev Hicks is awesome, as is a Deputy John Craven.

In all seriousness Craven really is a stand up guy, awesome Deputy. He's gone above and beyond a Deputies normal duties, helping citizens and Deputies alike.

Craven is who I would want training new recruits for the road, very good role model.

07-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmmm, Sands, Parks, Hicks, Craven. Everyone that's come from Delta Rocks!!!

07-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Craven the one that was in west patroling while he was assigined to echo *Edited my Mod 610 due to TOU Violations*

Hicks is ok
Sands is ok
Parks I agree on the cheese

07-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Craven the one that was in west patroling while he was assigined to echo *Edited my Mod 610 due to TOU Violations*

Hicks is ok
Sands is ok
Parks I agree on the cheese

He got his trainee in a IA before the trainee even got cut loose off FTO.

07-08-2009, 12:45 AM

Hadn't heard this, drug dealers complaining about a Deputy, that doesn't really hold a lot of weight. Not saying it's not true but, I've found if your doing your jobs, someone will try and find fault with you.

Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, he is 100% above board, I've worked with him in the past.

07-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Didio and Ehlers - highest caliber of rats you can find. They snitched above and beyond the call of duty and got a fellow deputy fired over BS.

07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Well this has taken a turn for the negative,

Nearly every one of us can be on the receiving end of some gossip/hatred. I had hoped a thread with some positive direction would be possible,

I guess not though.

07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Well this has taken a turn for the negative,

Nearly every one of us can be on the receiving end of some gossip/hatred. I had hoped a thread with some positive direction would be possible,

I guess not though.

Westfag must be another rat.

07-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Don't worry little Laz, you're constant crying about other Deputies has not fallen on deaf ears.

Please tell us about all of the other mean Deputies that have hurt your little feelings. Since you are incapable of posting anything other than hate towards your fellow Deputies please tell us why you are this way?

I ask because I care....

07-09-2009, 01:56 AM
I vote for all of the AntiCrime Deputies,

Why aren't they in Lehigh Again?

07-11-2009, 10:07 PM
anti(no DL)crime unit????? are you kidding me????? I know there is alot of good guys on there...but the unit is the joke of the agency...Got me another NO-DL...status 7 to the jail van...that is really stopping crime in the area I work...

07-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey I'm pretty new to the SO (not to law enforcement), but i do have to say that Craven does go the extra mile when it comes to the road. I even seen him give a disabled motorist a few bucks to help them out. Sure some nerd is going to say that's in violation of SO policy, but all i can say is there's always going to be haters, but I'll give praise where praise is due.

07-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey I vote for the female Deputy that was grocery shopping at the Publix. She was in car 6005. Nice way to use the tax dollars people. Oh did I mention she was in PLAIN CLOTHES...

07-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Just had to reply to citizen bug:

I do the same....light grocery shopping, in plain clothes, in the marked car. But you can bet on all of these points:

You see me in a marked car, you know I'm a police officer. If you ask for my assistance, you've got it, doesn't matter that I'm off-duty and on my personal time.

The car itself can be a crime deterrent.

I have made traffic stops while off-duty (DUIs, etc.) that keep you safe, and responded to reckless driver calls in the area.

No one will deny that a takehome car is a nice perk for police officers. But we are not allowed to shuttle family or anyone else not in custody in them, and when we take them out for personal use, we are still essentially putting ourselves on-duty.

And lastly, while she might've been out of uniform, I guarantee she was armed and ready to protect you & yours should she have to.

07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Then be proud and where your uniform, and use your POV.

07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Then be proud and where your uniform, and use your POV.

Yea follow the sheriffs lead! Captain Crunch wears his uniform 24-7! :snicker:

07-18-2009, 01:45 AM
I like Zazwirsky, He a great person to work with!

07-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Just had to reply to citizen bug:

I do the same....light grocery shopping, in plain clothes, in the marked car. But you can bet on all of these points:

You see me in a marked car, you know I'm a police officer. If you ask for my assistance, you've got it, doesn't matter that I'm off-duty and on my personal time.

The car itself can be a crime deterrent.

I have made traffic stops while off-duty (DUIs, etc.) that keep you safe, and responded to reckless driver calls in the area.

No one will deny that a takehome car is a nice perk for police officers. But we are not allowed to shuttle family or anyone else not in custody in them, and when we take them out for personal use, we are still essentially putting ourselves on-duty.

And lastly, while she might've been out of uniform, I guarantee she was armed and ready to protect you & yours should she have to.

Well I know for a fact a lot of the deputies shuttle their families around including kids while in their patrol car..... THAT SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING. I was on Colonial with a flat tire, a deputy stopped asked if I needed help, when I said I had a flat their response " I will get FMPD out here to assist." Oh did I mention, that deputy had her kids in the car.

07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Driving cars on time off is a deterrent to crime and benefits public safety. If you would know how many deputies we have "on patrol" you would laugh. "Off-duty" cops help deter crime by driving the crown vic and create an impression that there are more cops on the road.

As the saying goes "A cop is on duty 24/7"

07-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I have to agree with Lee Bushong. When I heard he was coming to Delta, I wanted to go to another district. All I thought was "what did I do to deserve this guy?"
But since I met him, I cannot think of anyone more standup or professional. He is constantly looking out for us. He provides all our equipment, gets us schools, stands between us and them, and ensures that we get to do our jobs. Our last sergeant was lazy and didn't answer calls. Sgt. Bushong is always answering calls and backing us up. He always is writing tickets, and is right there with us. He treats us fair and shows no favoritism.
He could be evil toward us because he was messed with in that IA. But he is nothing that the papers said he was. He is the truest of professionals and I will follow him any day!
You ROCK Sarge!!!!

07-21-2009, 12:58 AM
I vote for T.Fisher (not the girl)

What can I say, he's a hottie! *Edited my Mod 610 due to TOU Violations*

07-28-2009, 02:11 AM
I think Moose is a hard worker. He was a good FTO also.

07-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Grrrrrrr...... I hate dogs! :twisted:

Vote for me, I am #1

Jellie

P.S. Grrrrrr...... I hate Tahoes too! :evil:

07-28-2009, 01:54 PM

What can I say, he's a hottie! *Edited my Mod 610 due to TOU Violations*

Whats wrong with me am i not hot like Tim?
AF

07-28-2009, 02:16 PM

What can I say, he's a hottie! STAB YOU IN THE BACK IN A MINUTE BUT SO HOT!!

Whats wrong with me am i not hot like Tim?
AF
Don't worry. I heard from a reliable source that he's hung like a field mouse and is a three-pump-chump.

hardtothecore
07-28-2009, 08:32 PM
alot of the people mentioned above came from corrections, well I am going to name several across the board that are still in corrections that work their asses off and help out at any time. Don't worry, just my opinion, if your didn't make my list keep working hard maybe soon you will, not that it means much. Let me also note that their are some great hardworking newer deputies all over the place that just need some time.

CPU-------Gadowry, Cross, Chase Sr.,Hansen

Core-------Marmo, Lopez, Pavese ,Sharp, Starks, Rodgers, Johnstone, Anderson, Fay, Clerical( Abernathy,Smith)

Jail--------Faragoi, Guffey, Hansen, Trulock, Sargis, Amoroso, Ross, Hardin, Smith

Transport-------Rolon, Perez, Kelly, Pick

Shakedown------the whole team

08-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I nominate Michael Scott! Best Sheriff EVER!

08-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I would have to second the nomination for Moose. I've been with the agency for some time and have heard plenty of rumors regarding Moose, but it wasn't until I was able to work with him, that I found out he is a great cop. Moose stays on top of his game; being very knowledgable with the law and officer safety conscious. It was a pleasure to work with him and a reminder to never put trust in rumors.

08-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Just me. Just me you a**holes.

08-05-2009, 01:49 AM
John 2323,

WHY All the hate? if you didn't hide from calls, we would respect you. Don't get your tampon in a twirl, being 135 pounds hasn't stopped you so far, right?

Still having those nighttime"accidents?" they make an adult version of those diapers you wear....

Fairy....Tinkerbell wants you back on the island, second star on the left and then straight on till morning.

Ooops I didn't mean to use the words "straight" when referring to you, **** munch,

08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
alot of the people mentioned above came from corrections, well I am going to name several across the board that are still in corrections that work their asses off and help out at any time. Don't worry, just my opinion, if your didn't make my list keep working hard maybe soon you will, not that it means much. Let me also note that their are some great hardworking newer deputies all over the place that just need some time.

CPU-------Gadowry, Cross, Chase Sr.,Hansen

Core-------Marmo, Lopez, Pavese ,Sharp, Starks, Rodgers, Johnstone, Anderson, Fay, Clerical( Abernathy,Smith)

Jail--------Faragoi, Guffey, Hansen, Trulock, Sargis, Amoroso, Ross, Hardin, Smith

Transport-------Rolon, Perez, Kelly, Pick

Shakedown------the whole team

So Just wondering which one or two of the jail guys is the killer(s) of the inmate ?

08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I was under the impression that there was more then one deputy who was involved in his homicide...

Someone throw their names out here, there's no question about it, their service definitely went "above and beyond..." the call of duty!

08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Det Danaske came to a 21 I was working. He treated me with respect and helped me get back teh stolen stuff and arrest the badguy. Other Deputies have told me similar stories.

08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Det Danaske came to a 21 I was working. He treated me with respect and helped me get back teh stolen stuff and arrest the badguy. Other Deputies have told me similar stories.

Sounds like he did his job.....

10-08-2009, 03:32 AM
I vote for all of the AntiCrime Deputies,

Why aren't they in Lehigh Again?

This anti crime unit actually exists? What do they do???

10-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Lee Bushong - Doesn't let a BS IA, public humiliation, or demotions get him down. He fights to come back to work and now he's back. He's no quitter, by gosh.

Give it some time junior and you will see him for what he is, a slimy snake!

10-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Ask Steve Drum. He can tell you all about it.

10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Well i tried to give a satirical nod to the jail deputies implicated in Mr Christie's homicide. They certainly went above and beyond the call of duty with their efforts to subdue him... but i guess that didn't go over to well with the Mod. :oops:

Post deleted due to several tou Violations. Poster is trying to start trouble and be abusive with false allegations.

10-09-2009, 01:09 AM

Give it some time junior and you will see him for what he is, a slimy snake!

Does he still work here? :devil:

10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Um, yeah. And he rocks. Obviously you are one of those slugs he always talks about. You are more concerned about milking the taxpayers for money and skating out of your job then honorably doing the duties of your job.

He is one of the most honorable people I know, and if you are a slug he will put you in check real quick. So keep whining. He must have put you in check at one point otherwise you would know this to be true...

Either way, if you were half the man he is, I would be impressed.

At least Bushong stands for what he believes in. Tells it to your face like a man. Looks out for those of us who work for him or with him. He is the very definition of a cop's cop.

You, on the otherhand, are the type that must hang out at 7-11's or hide behind the Winn Dixie.

Loser.

10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Um, yeah. And he rocks. Obviously you are one of those slugs he always talks about. You are more concerned about milking the taxpayers for money and skating out of your job then honorably doing the duties of your job.

He is one of the most honorable people I know, and if you are a slug he will put you in check real quick. So keep whining. He must have put you in check at one point otherwise you would know this to be true...

At least Bushong stands for what he believes in. Tells it to your face like a man. Looks out for those of us who work for him or with him. He is the very definition of a cop's cop.

You, on the otherhand, are the type that must hang out at 7-11's or hide behind the Winn Dixie.

Loser.

Wow,

Just because he stops by at dispatch to talk to you, doesn't change a thing.

It's amazing what a bag of cheeto's can get you these days. :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-10-2009, 01:03 AM
I am beginning to believe you admire Bushong a little to much, things that make you go hummm

10-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Loser.

If you aren't nine months pregnant with his child, you should be. How does his wank taste mate?

Mod 610
10-10-2009, 06:18 AM
This thread is about positive things about coworkers and not negatives. We all have negative comments and interaction with people from time to time. This thread is not the place for that. Please stop the bashing and continue with the positive comments. If it continues on the negative, I will lock the thread.

Thanks for visiting LEO Affairs.
Mod 610

10-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Wow,

Just because he stops by at dispatch to talk to you, doesn't change a thing.

It's amazing what a bag of cheeto's can get you these days. :devil: :devil: :devil:

LOL, Westman like big big words. Make him feel like real man! :snicker:

10-10-2009, 02:24 PM
This thread is about positive things about coworkers and not negatives. We all have negative comments and interaction with people from time to time. This thread is not the place for that. Please stop the bashing and continue with the positive comments. If it continues on the negative, I will lock the thread.

Mod 610

I think your overplaying your role as Moderator, when discussing the topic of 'a co-worker that goes above and beyond', are we to just read the biased so called positives stated about certain members or can we not have an input into why we believe those statements are wrong? We choose the topics of threads and since you started your policy of biased censorship, the site has certainly lost a lot of appeal and readers. Continue like this and you will affect the number of people visiting the site, surely not a good thing for your advertisers. Perhaps you need to go back to moderator school.

Mod 610
10-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Mod 610

I think your overplaying your role as Moderator, when discussing the topic of 'a co-worker that goes above and beyond', are we to just read the biased so called positives stated about certain members or can we not have an input into why we believe those statements are wrong? We choose the topics of threads and since you started your policy of biased censorship, the site has certainly lost a lot of appeal and readers. Continue like this and you will affect the number of people visiting the site, surely not a good thing for your advertisers. Perhaps you need to go back to moderator school.

I will give you an answer to your question and statement. You can give your opinion as to why someones opinion is wrong, or why/how I am "overplaying" my Moderator role. However I have deleted posts that were in violation of the Terms of usage that you have not read. We did not choose the topic of this thread, but One person did. I am not being biased on censorship, but keeping the discussions with in the terms of usage. I am sorry that it has lost the appeal to you and maybe some other readers, however it has increased it to others. This site you access by choice. If you do not like it here due to the "changes" as you see it, please feel free not to return. There have been no changes, just the Terms of Use are now being enforced.

I have copied and pasted the specific Terms of usage below for your reading.

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

You agree that you will not submit Messages to Forums that:

*are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent, including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any local, state, national, or international law;

*violate the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any other person. By submitting Messages to Forums, you represent to LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC that you are the rightful owner of such material or that you have first obtained permission to submit the material from the rightful owner;

*improperly assume or claim the identity, characteristics, or qualifications of another person;

*are for purposes of spamming;

* contain any virus or other harmful component;

*are libelous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights; or

* are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services or to make donations.

10-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Hello,

I did start this topic, mostly as an attempt at saying positive things about our co-workers. Call me over optimistic; but I was hoping for a thread where people spoke positively about their co-workers.

That being said, the current MOD, in my opinion, is doing a GREAT job!

Pre-MOD, every thread turned into a slam fest regarding the same two ex-employees.

That has all but disappeared now, the same group of posters have become frustrated with there message spamming and trolling getting deleted with no notice.

I say AWESOME! For anyone to say that less people post here/visit this site is a complete fabrication, you have no empirical data to back up your claim.

I and others I know, had stopped posting here, now they are all back. We can now have intelligent debates without the ex-employees joining into every discussion.

In closing, MOD keep up the great work, the positives you have done are appreciated; even if those of us who appreciate it are less vocal than your detractors.

10-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Westman your such an @ss, could you get any deeper up the Mods b#tt? By the way, really enjoying your sanctimonious posts.

10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I just worked out this thread. Good old Westman is dying to see his name placed up here, you can tell by his 'holier than thou' posts that he is obviously a top cop! Please someone put us out of our misery and name him on here so we can put this purile thread to bed.