PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Outlook

GrayFox
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys,

What's the hiring outlook for SFM for the upcoming months? I've been waiting to drop an application, but haven't seen a posting for awhile. Talked to a DIF guy, and he tells me that DFS is looking to hire from other agencies, but not advertising publically, but not sure how correct that is. I'm looking at the North Region.

07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
DIF seems to hire more than we do, so you can put your app in over there. If you go to http://www.fldfs.com, you should see the postings and/or link to the openings.

As for us, I don't think we'll be hiring too soon, because unless I'm mistaken, we're pretty much full. We also have a very low turnover rate, which really reduces the opportunities for openings.

Good luck either way.

GrayFox
07-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you. That's sort of what I figured. I work for an agency now, but I have a background in Fire Science, so I think I'll just wait it out.

08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
we only hire people who have retired from other state law enforcement agencies and give them $85K and majors rank. of course, they will be gone when the new administration comes in. enjoy it while you can MT.