PDA

View Full Version : APB on OT!!!

07-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Okay...its July and where in the @!#$#@ is the OT?

07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Definitely not here :roll:

07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Still waiting anxiously. From what I hear they are only gonna give us 10 hrs a pay period anyway, if thats true it's absolutely PATHETIC. Meanwhile batman, FHP took care of their people and did the right thing starting July 1st they went back to UNLIMITED SOAR OT. Nice, too bad we didnt merge. I never thought I would see the day when FHP took better care of their people than DOT did. What a reversal to the way the things were just a few years ago. DAD should be ashamed. Good thing we will have a new director in a year and a half or so when the new gov. comes in.

07-10-2009, 10:40 PM
UPDATE!!!!
Once again our wonderful leader Col. DAD has outdone himself. Instead of the 10 hrs we heard we were gonna get, we got 9. Thats right 9 hrs a pay period and thats only if you work the extra one hour of weight enforcement.
Apparently Col. DAD was not very good at math in school. According to the memo that came out today, because we "increased our productivity by 50% last year" and because of our efforts (10 hrs/week OT) we caused a reduction in CMV crashes "not seen in 10 years", but apparently we are gonna keep up the good work and crash rate down with our wopping 8 hrs a pay period. That doesnt add up to me, higher enforcement means less accidents, less enforcement means more accidents. You cant have more enforcement with less hours worked.
I guess its a good thing the DOT funds pay for the UNLIMITED SOAR time FHP now has, so hopefully they will pick up what we cant, since we will be sitting at the house watching Scooby Doo wishing we could be out working some of the OT putting food on the table.
What a disappointment this Col. has been. I hope he is ousted when the new govenor comes in. As much as Fountain and Binder did some silly things, atleast we were taken care of with the OT issue. This Col. doesnt have our best interest at heart, he is only here so he can look good as an agency head during the next election cycle for Martin County Sheriff. Lets all get together and campaign to get him elected down there, it will only help us all.

07-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Who do you want for the new colonel in 18 months?

07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
UPDATE!!!!
Once again our wonderful leader Col. DAD has outdone himself. Instead of the 10 hrs we heard we were gonna get, we got 9. Thats right 9 hrs a pay period and thats only if you work the extra one hour of weight enforcement.
Apparently Col. DAD was not very good at math in school. According to the memo that came out today, because we "increased our productivity by 50% last year" and because of our efforts (10 hrs/week OT) we caused a reduction in CMV crashes "not seen in 10 years", but apparently we are gonna keep up the good work and crash rate down with our wopping 8 hrs a pay period. That doesnt add up to me, higher enforcement means less accidents, less enforcement means more accidents. You cant have more enforcement with less hours worked.
I guess its a good thing the DOT funds pay for the UNLIMITED SOAR time FHP now has, so hopefully they will pick up what we cant, since we will be sitting at the house watching Scooby Doo wishing we could be out working some of the OT putting food on the table.
What a disappointment this Col. has been. I hope he is ousted when the new govenor comes in. As much as Fountain and Binder did some silly things, atleast we were taken care of with the OT issue. This Col. doesnt have our best interest at heart, he is only here so he can look good as an agency head during the next election cycle for Martin County Sheriff. Lets all get together and campaign to get him elected down there, it will only help us all.

You might get an investigation writing like that.

07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Still waiting anxiously. From what I hear they are only gonna give us 10 hrs a pay period anyway, if thats true it's absolutely PATHETIC. Meanwhile batman, FHP took care of their people and did the right thing starting July 1st they went back to UNLIMITED SOAR OT. Nice, too bad we didnt merge. I never thought I would see the day when FHP took better care of their people than DOT did. What a reversal to the way the things were just a few years ago. DAD should be ashamed. Good thing we will have a new director in a year and a half or so when the new gov. comes in.

Pathetic, DOT funds are paying the FHP SOAR. Hope they get the inspections the feds want too. Maybe their soar will bring down the CMV crash rates. Might ask a trooper to start stopping trucks and checking logs. We will not have the numbers we did last year and probably not next year either. :cry: :cry:
Pathetic :shock:

Playing the Game
07-11-2009, 11:06 PM

Pathetic, DOT funds are paying the FHP SOAR. Hope they get the inspections the feds want too. Maybe their soar will bring down the CMV crash rates. Might ask a trooper to start stopping trucks and checking logs. We will not have the numbers we did last year and probably not next year either. :cry: :cry:
Pathetic :shock:

I am glad FHP got the money for SOAR. We should not fault them. They have people fighting for them. All we can do is spend money fighting a merger and I would say about 90% of the organization was all for fighting a merger. Now you have to live with the results.
Frankly, I am not surprised about the amount FHP got. It has always been that way about DOT. The mentality of DOT has never been to take care of us first. That would be a conflict of interest! Until we merge or we band togther and fight for equal pay for equal work, we will always be in the position that we are in now.

07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
IF the 9 hours didn't get you mad, nothing will.
Cost of gas - up
Cost of food - up
Taxes - up
Insurance - up
O.T - ?

"EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK " GET THE MESSAGE OUT!

07-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Who do you want for the new colonel in 18 months?

Col. Mustard , Col. Sanders ( thanks for the chicken & the memories :) ) WHO CARES as long as we get more F***** MONEY !

07-17-2009, 03:07 PM
IF the 9 hours didn't get you mad, nothing will.
Cost of gas - up
Cost of food - up
Taxes - up
Insurance - up
O.T - ?

"EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK " GET THE MESSAGE OUT!

You forgot to mention morale...It's been flushed down the crapper and is flowing through the pipes with a million brown turds. But you are right on track with the rest of the items. I wonder if we can fill out a dual employment request and use our patrol cars as taxi's , just get a big magnet and cover up the DOT emblems. Oh that's right , mileage has gone up too..never mind.

07-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe we can reorganize again, that is all we do anymore

07-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure where the information came from that FHP had unlimited over time and soar.
We have 8 hours a week and we have to off set any over time if possible. I wish you guys would have merged I think it would have been good for both agencies.
Most of you guys are X8.

07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Trooper 77,
Most of the delta units wanted to merge also. The only ones that really didnt want to were the lazy slobs and admin who were afraid of loosing their 6 figure incomes.

07-26-2009, 03:20 PM
DOT Cop calling someone a slob, youhave got to be kidding me, look at yourself!