PDA

View Full Version : New Contract Proposals

06-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I highly encourage each and every one of you to review the contract proposals that are in the East and West District lineup rooms. (Why it couldn't have been sent out as a .pdf file to everyone, I still don't know. Actually I do, for the same reason Obama didn't send the stimulus bill out electronically. They really don't want you to look at it.)

There are an awful lot of proposals in there on both sides and it is vitally important that you know what they are so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time. Don't rely on your neighbor to tell you, look for yourself.

It's funny how 12 hour shifts aren't even included in either sides proposals, but everyone seems to be overly concerned with it, and not all the other "fine print" changes that are gonna be sold as necessary to "maintain the sustainability of the pension" even though no changes to the present pension are even presented for discussion by the City.

You won't get to line item veto things that you don't like when voting time comes around. Get with your Reps now and let them know how you feel so that they can push YOUR agenda, not their own.

Good Luck.

06-28-2009, 09:05 AM
GET OFF THIS SITE WITH THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spread it through word of mouth jack ass.

06-28-2009, 12:33 PM
The original poster said nothing about the contract's details, except to say that the 12 hour shift is not on it. What I got from it was that he/she recommended that we read the contract and get informed. You've got some anger and hostility issues my friend.

06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
GET OFF THIS SITE WITH THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spread it through word of mouth jack ass.

Too late. He/She already drank the Kool Aid. What a tool you are, prolly believe everything you hear. Not smart enough to look for the devastating fine print. Vote however you're told, or better yet, just don't vote at all.

06-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Those are the exact same instructions that were given out by the dumbass Reps, you know the same one that was gloating over his "Domestic Partnership" agenda being presented by the Union during the last membership meeting. That's the kind of stuff you can look forward to passing as well as other personal perks that are self serving and counter to what the majority really want.

No ideas were even accepted during the "Negotiation Committee Meetings" that were just a sham because they really aren't interested in your ideas, only theirs.

Remember that next Vote.

07-01-2009, 01:28 AM
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THIS DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP INSURANCE/LEAVE PROPOSAL GOT PLACED IN THE CONTRACT.

NONE OF THE MEMBERS WERE ASKED IF WE WANTED IT NOR DID WE GET TO VOTE ON IT. I FEEL THAT IF SOMEONE HAS A DOMESTIC PARTNER AND THEY REQUEST BEREAVEMENT ITS GENERALLY A NO COST TO THE CITY SO WHY NOT DO IT. BUT INSURANCE, THAT COULD COST BIG BUCKS AND WHY WOULD WE ASK FOR THAT WHEN THE CITY IS TRYING TO CUT EVERYTHING.

IF SOMEONE WANTS INSURANCE FOR THEIR PARTNER THEN I GUESS THEY SHOULD GET MARRIED........

07-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I guess one thing's for certain. Let the department know you're gay and you're almost guaranteed to never be fired. If you're about to be fired, just come out of the closet.
Gay......The third sex. Thanks for not keeping your sexual preferences in your private lives separate from this job. Honestly, I don't think anything needed to be said, even if you were seen with your significant other. Who really cares? I don't!!! Now that you've brought your sexual activities to light to everyone within this agency, I personally feel you have violated policy. A straight guy or girl might as well give a class to everyone within this agency what they like while they're in the sack with someone else. I can pretty much guarantee they'll be fired soon after. ACLU will never defend them. What makes you think anyone really wanted to hear this? Would we be written up if we decided to step out of the room while you gave this portion of Human Diversity? Nobody treated you any differently before, and now I can bet that you see a change in attitudes, and how some officers put up that imaginary shield when you're on scene.
I really do wish you guys the best of luck. I say that with all honesty. You just didn't have to say it and force it upon all of us.

07-02-2009, 02:42 PM
"I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THIS DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP INSURANCE/LEAVE PROPOSAL GOT PLACED IN THE CONTRACT.

NONE OF THE MEMBERS WERE ASKED IF WE WANTED IT NOR DID WE GET TO VOTE ON IT."

Welcome to the "New" Union. Motto "We'll tell you what you want, and you'll like it!"

07-02-2009, 03:07 PM
"I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THIS DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP INSURANCE/LEAVE PROPOSAL GOT PLACED IN THE CONTRACT.

NONE OF THE MEMBERS WERE ASKED IF WE WANTED IT NOR DID WE GET TO VOTE ON IT."

Welcome to the "New" Union. Motto "We'll tell you what you want, and you'll like it!"

Easy....Easy. This is the same Union that got you everything you have now. I agree, they should ask the membership what issues are important to them(pension for most), but also those other issues(domestic partner coverage) should be voted on.
I think most strongly support the Union and hopefully they will do things right for the memebership as they have in the past. Just be careful what you comment on here as this could be better voiced at the next Union meeting. Hopefully more will show up to the next as only about 30 or so members attended the last one(not good).

07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Hopefully more will show up to the next as only about 30 or so members attended the last one(not good).

Part of that is because they held the meeting on a Friday night. If you have a meeting on a Friday night, the entire Charlie shift is working the road and unable to attend. 1/3 of road patrol was excluded from that meeting.

07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Patrol is the largest Unit within the Department and is NOT represented in any way shape or form by the current Reps. They all have forgotten where they came from. Patrol could run this Union if the masses that push a squad car would demand representation that reflects their wants and desires.

12 hour shifts are an abomination and will present an extremely difficult hardship for many members who have school age children and must pay for before and after care. It will totally screw up the Detail System as we know it, basically insuring that you will only be able to work on your days off. Stop pushing a domestic partnership agenda and start thinking about Officer Safety issues. Kind of ironic isn't it that no rep would be affected by a 12 hour shift.(That neat littel caveat "for Patrol only" was shoved in there. Did you see it?) Why should they care, they don't have to work it?

Neil is not a Rep. Stop running to him with all your problems. If your elected rep ever tells you "let me check with Neil", you should immediately demand they step down. Neil has, and will continue to be, a fine Union Executive Member and will always make himself available, but your REPS should be the ones you go to and they should be able to help you or they shouldn't be there.

If your Reps don't represent you, throw the bums out!

07-03-2009, 02:34 AM
i voted for jeff and brittney

07-03-2009, 05:24 AM

I know that's gotta be a joke.

07-14-2009, 01:16 AM

No, the joke unfortunately is what you have representing you now.

07-14-2009, 10:45 PM

No, the joke unfortunately is what you have representing you now.

LOL....Not that the ones we have now are perfect....but COME ON! Ill even go as far as saying OK with Brittney, but the OTHER GUY? COME ON!!!! You are a funny funny guy!

07-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Whats with the proposal to hire back past employees. Didn't we fight for that not to happen :evil: