PDA

View Full Version : 2 leaving LCSO

06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Two members of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, one high-ranking, are leaving the agency, office spokesman Tony Schall has confirmed.

Col. Mike Waite, who oversees the corrections bureau, has formally issued a letter of retirement, which will be effective later this year.

Also Sgt. Chris Shoap, who currently works in the gang unit and is the son of former Sheriff Rod Shoap, is leaving with his family, including wife Shoshonna Shoap, who works in the agency’s purchasing department.

Sgt. Shoap has been with the agency since 1998 and made approximately $49,000 as of 2008. Shoshonna Shoap worked with the agency since 2004 and made $34,000.

Waite was the third in command before the agency’s restructuring earlier this year, when he was transferred to head of corrections operations.

It is not yet clear who would fill those positions or if they might remain open.

06-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Can you imagine all the "I was on a task force" stories he'll be telling up there where nobody knows daddy pushed into as many cushy slots as he could get away with? He'll tell them he was detached to the SEAL teams as their redneck sheriffs office liason. HA HA HA!!!!
:devil: :devil: :devil:

06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Is he taking his dad with him wherever he is going?

06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Both of the above posters are what is wrong with the LCSO.

The PBA can't fix the imbecile self hate that our agency is filled with. If you've worked with Chris (and I doubt you have) you would know he is a good Deputy.

Why would you post such stupid shit about another Deputy. Do you not get enough of that from the inmates and citizens that hate and belittle us?

Your posts are ripe with jealousy and hate, perhaps you should man up and realize this petty school girl bullshit has run it's course.

06-25-2009, 01:45 AM
It is so sad to see brothers talking s*it about others, especially decent guys like Chris Shoap. He is extremely knowledgeable in gang intelligence and is a genuinely nice guy. Just because his father was a sheriff previously, doesn't mean that he needs to be attacked personally. If you were the son of the former sheriff, I'm sure that your opinions about his rank and place in the agency would be different b/c you would be just like him. But instead of letting someone live and minding your own business, you want to bash someone who is a good deputy just because of who his father was. Sad and ridiculous! Best of luck to Chris and his family in their move!

06-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Well said,

Our job is tough enough without screwing each other over,

Chris is a new father, with a newborn child, whatever you may think of him, have some respect for the badge and his being a father.

Life is hard enough without your fellow Deputies knifing you in the back, let's try and be better than the scum we put away.

06-25-2009, 02:51 AM
We all have our opinions and personal experiences. I have not agreed with Chris on everything that he has done or failed to do . That is true with every single professional relationship that every person has. No person can argue that Chris is a great person and a a great friend regradless of your professional opinion of him. His wife is just as nice. Chris seems to have always tried hard for the right reasons. I hope that he and his wife and son have a wonderful life full of success and happiness. Good Luck.
Mike Zaleski

06-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Good Luck Chris it is sad to see you go. You will do well wherever you work, LCSO will be losing a fine Deputy.

06-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Good luck, Chris! On the bright side, we can now get raises with the money we're going to save on tactical commando gear for you! Thanks buddy!

06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Don't worry Spasmowhatever, I'm sure your girlfriend has a tactical strapon for you, prick.

06-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't worry Spasmowhatever, I'm sure your girlfriend has a tactical strapon for you, prick.

Bite me. Your wife does.

07-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Sgt. Shoap has been with the agency since 1998 and made approximately $49,000 as of 2008. Shoshonna Shoap worked with the agency since 2004 and made $34,000.

That's all he made in 2008 and he is a Sgt. that has been with the agency since 1998!!? Wow, you guys need a raise!

08-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Is Colonel Waite still at the LCSO or is he gone?