PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Petey

06-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Well one more of PPPD's finest resigns after yet another IA. No pay raise and in this case, it appears the complaint was generated by PPPD supervision. Oh yeah, this officer was on thin ice, but this IA was generated from within not from a citizen. Morale here is the worst it has ever been. Silence is golden folks.

How many times have you heard other officers and/or supervisors say or do something that was questionable? Some people can't keep their mouths shut so it is inevitable they will say something sooner or later that could land them in hot water. The majority of us keep our mouths shut when small issues happen because we handle it within our group (Patrol). No harm no foul.

Why hound this officer for stopping a vehicle outside of the City? Several other officers have taken this exact action and no IA was initiated. This comes at the most inopportune time when we are already experiencing manpower shortages and a contract that puts us in the bottom financial tier of all law enforcement agencies in Pinellas County. This IA could've waited. This Admin has already deferred punishiment for others in the past. Why run this officer out of town when we are struggling to maintain minimum staffing levels? A simple memo to cancel the citation would've been enough. Morale sucks here. Come on supervisors...What are you going to do to boost morale? Start another IA?

This Admin wanted this officer out of here ASAP and this was their way of doing it. Get him roped into a story then look for a discrepancy in his statement to force a resignation. Who is going to x65 the future calls this officer would've been assigned? Not supervision and certainly not Admin. Patrol will handle the calls. The absolute backbone of any agency.

Just keep in mind, what goes around comes around. Everyone mind your P's and Q's because if it could be interpreted as offensive by certain groups, it could cost you your job. Enough said?

Silence is Golden

06-16-2009, 06:16 PM
As with anything else please have all of the facts before you come on here and run your trap. He should have been fired when he lied two years ago.
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/02/news_pf/Southpinellas/Officers_suspended_fo.shtml

Here are some rules to live by;

1. Don’t lie
2. If you must lie try and keep your lies straight
3. Accept responsibility for your actions
4. Don’t try and be Robocop
5. Follow the rules
6. If you did nothing wrong, don’t resign

The investigation was not because of the traffic stop. It was about untruthful statements made to a supervisor by the subject of the investigation. Mutual aid is there for a reason. And even know it was a legit stop, was the citation necessary? I mean come on. I like the subject of the investigation but he did this to himself. And it’s too bad because this is such a bad time to be unemployed.

I don’t know about you but I don’t want to work with dishonest people who lack integrity.

06-16-2009, 08:25 PM
BS. It was a concerted effort to rid the PD of this officer. This could've been squashed immediately by having him void the citation. There would not have been and IA. Sometimes we as officers need to keep our traps shut and stop looking to advance by toppling others.

Keep up the Good work Sgt.

06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't know how to make this any clearer, IT WASNT BECAUSE HE ISSUED A TICKET. It was because he lied. And don't bash the sergeant, he was doing his job and he is one of the most easy going out there.

06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Get the facts straight, it was a concentrated effort. Petey is not one to lie. If he resigined he was backed into a corner. He is one of the few people to admit when he screws up, he was active and due to this you make mistakes. Get the whole picture there's more to it. Amazing how certain people get marked and once it's done, it's done. If you want the facts ask to look at the IA, it's public record.

06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
As with anything else please have all of the facts before you come on here and run your trap. He should have been fired when he lied two years ago.
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/02/news_pf/Southpinellas/Officers_suspended_fo.shtml

Here are some rules to live by;

1. Don’t lie
2. If you must lie try and keep your lies straight
3. Accept responsibility for your actions
4. Don’t try and be Robocop
5. Follow the rules
6. If you did nothing wrong, don’t resign

The investigation was not because of the traffic stop. It was about untruthful statements made to a supervisor by the subject of the investigation. Mutual aid is there for a reason. And even know it was a legit stop, was the citation necessary? I mean come on. I like the subject of the investigation but he did this to himself. And it’s too bad because this is such a bad time to be unemployed.

I don’t know about you but I don’t want to work with dishonest people who lack integrity.

He didn't lie, he admitted his faults. Read the IA

06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
This is what happens when the job becomes more then just a job....it becomes your life!!!! Bro..just do your ten hours and go home. Cancel the subscription to Guns and Ammo, remove that ridiculous extra crap from your cruiser like extra red and blue lights and drop the "Because I'm a cop I can jam you up attitude".

Do this instead:

1) Complete the best 10 hours of work possible.
2) Go home and enjoy the time with your family and friends
3) Count your blessings that you have a job during these hard times
4) Remember that you are still just a person...NOT Jack Bauer from 24 or John Mclane from Die Hard (or from any other movie)

Sincerely,
Joe Schmo

06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
He didn't lie, he admitted his faults. Read the IA

I think its pretty clear. He said he went one place and then when he was called on it said that he may have been wrong and couldnt remember. Um sounds like a lie to me

06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
This is what happens when the job becomes more then just a job....it becomes your life!!!! Bro..just do your ten hours and go home. Cancel the subscription to Guns and Ammo, remove that ridiculous extra crap from your cruiser like extra red and blue lights and drop the "Because I'm a cop I can jam you up attitude".

Do this instead:

1) Complete the best 10 hours of work possible.
2) Go home and enjoy the time with your family and friends
3) Count your blessings that you have a job during these hard times
4) Remember that you are still just a person...NOT Jack Bauer from 24 or John Mclane from Die Hard (or from any other movie)

Sincerely,
Joe Schmo

You talking about Petey or Butters?????????

06-17-2009, 01:46 AM
From what I have seen, he resigned because their was solid evidence that he lied to a supervisor. Rule number one, never tell a lie. We have this pounded into us at the academy and a dozen places since. It is one of the few things in this line of work that will get you fired.

I like Pete, but it sounds as if he screwed up on this one. The IA will be public record. Take a look at the facts before you post to much in support of him on this subject. You may just be wrong.

06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
From what I heard there were some issues with their solid evidence, so I ask you is your evidence solid.

06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Rule #1 Always tell the 100% truth.
Rule #2 See Rule #1
Follow these 2 simple rules and we would not be having this post.

06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
What if the truth wasn't enough? Petey was a magnet for stuff because he was active at work. Then add in the fact that maybe there was more to it. We all want to cast stones at people yet if we look at ourselves in the mirror we are all the same at times. Stress with our jobs and other things such as family issues or even the ecnomey. We are all human and make mistakes.

A lie is intended. An error and an inaccurecy is going to face us all at one time no matter how perfect you are.

Look at what has happened in the past to many of us within our brotherhood. At times an error or misjudment has cost us our jobs or gotten us in trouble or even hurt or killed in our profession.

Petey good luck to you and I hope what ever you choose to do in the future use this incident as well as others from this agency to become a stronger better person. I would take you as a backup anyday my brother you are one in a million and have a heart of gold.

06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I will miss you Petey. Thanks for all of those trips you made to my house after the accident. You were there for me when I needed you. I will never forget that. Thanks for taking other officers' calls when it was their Friday. Thanks for being proactive and thanks for covering all of our backs when we needed it. A special thanks for taking care of our SWAT team with all the little things you did for them. What a thankless job, but you did it.

Every department has their own exclusive characters that helps to define them. We had our Petey. Brother you will be missed, especially on mids. You always had a smile, an infectious laugh, and a story to tell that made us laugh. You have my number...PLEASE stay in touch. From the heart, Thanks for your service to this community.

All The Best My Friend,
Scott 377

06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Petey is my friend and he was a good officer. However, I am aware of the evidence against him. He made a mistake at not telling the truth or at best, forgetting some basic information that would cause a reasonable person to wonder if he was telling the truth. Attorney's have a knack at finding that and pointing those little facts out so his credibility would be an issue for the rest of his career.

The reality is that Petey decided to resign while under investigation for truthfulness. I have never seen an officer resign under investigation in this career unless the evidence was overwelming. Either way, he had a chance to defend himself but he opted to leave. He is a big boy and that was his decision. Enough said. You can keep your conspiracy theory. Any officer with common sense has seen this pattern before and normally is a sign of guilt of something.

06-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Petey is my friend and he was a good officer. However, I am aware of the evidence against him. He made a mistake at not telling the truth or at best, forgetting some basic information that would cause a reasonable person to wonder if he was telling the truth. Attorney's have a knack at finding that and pointing those little facts out so his credibility would be an issue for the rest of his career.

The reality is that Petey decided to resign while under investigation for truthfulness. I have never seen an officer resign under investigation in this career unless the evidence was overwelming. Either way, he had a chance to defend himself but he opted to leave. He is a big boy and that was his decision. Enough said. You can keep your conspiracy theory. Any officer with common sense has seen this pattern before and normally is a sign of guilt of something.

Define "Either way, he had a chance to defend himself but he opted to leave." I'm not to sure about that.

06-19-2009, 12:50 AM
In our internal investigations, I believe you have the right to hear or read the allegations against you and see the evidence. Then you have a right to give your side of the story and present your own evidence. If you excerise that option, the Chief would get a copy of the IA report which gives both sides of the story and she would make a determination.

From what I have heard, he walked away prior to being interviewed. I take that to mean he gave up his right to have his side of the story heard. I hate to say it, but if I was being falsely accused, I would at least go down swinging and have my side heard. In addition, I would plead my case to our Chief who has a habit of going easy on people. He didn't go that route. Instead he up and quit. I fear that means there was something to hide. However, we will truly never know. I wish Pete the best of luck. He was a good guy who apparently made a mistake somewhere along the line.

06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Good Luck Petey!