PDA

View Full Version : speed limits

06-13-2009, 06:12 AM
its not your fault so dont think i blame you for your messed up speed limits, but if someone might be traveling down u.s. 1 in a 55 mph zone and hes doin 60, and then crosses over into a 45mph zone still doin 60, and you pull him over, try to understand the situation before you give a ticket. you guys have more signs along side the road then any town ive been in. you can sneeze and before you know it your in a 45 zone still doin 60.

i got pulled over for doin such a thing.( i know, im an outlaw) if i wasnt a cop i dont think it mattered what excuse i gave the dep he woulda wrote a ticket. which is what people need in this booming econmic time is a $200 ticket for some non sense. whatever, use your discretion. now to my next point.

when i got pulled over for my crazy excessive speed, i told the dep i was an officer in a near by county. he felt the need to go sit in his car for the next 15 min and then come back and ask me about my traffic history in monroe county. which take my word for it, it wasnt an extensive history. is that how you guys roll down there?? if i pulled somebody over for a minor traffic offense and then they showed me proof that they were a leo, there would no questions asked, id hand him his id and tell him to have a good night. i def would not sit in my car for 15 min and then ask him about his traffic history over the past 4 years. no ticket which im eternaly greatful for, but its pretty sad when you treat your fellow brother like im some punk teenager. and judging from this guy he looked like hed been on the job 6 months. stock island you know who you are. ok enough crying. i spoke my peace :|

06-13-2009, 08:30 AM
It's a good thing you weren't drunk. There are some cops down here that get a hard-on by locking-up Broward cops. Tickets aren't enough,... they want to see them in jail. I know, it's sad down here.

06-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah we have the 55 to 45 speed limit changes here. But y'all have the 45 to 35 to 25mph in most Broward cities. My point is speed limits changes according to the neighborhood that surrounds them. So just pay attention to the signs.

Other the other hand you Broward deputies sure ***** too much. You get a ticket from a cop you *****...you get a warning you *****........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

06-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah we have the 55 to 45 speed limit changes here. But y'all have the 45 to 35 to 25mph in most Broward cities. My point is speed limits changes according to the neighborhood that surrounds them. So just pay attention to the signs.

Other the other hand you Broward deputies sure ***** too much. You get a ticket from a cop you *****...you get a warning you *****........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

understandable. but hell yea im gonna ***** if i get a ticket from a cop or a warning. if your giving tickets out to cops then you my friend should never have more than one beer and get behind the wheel, NEVER go over the speed limit, use your turn signal at every turn. dont ever be late for work and dont ever leave a minute early. that is if your the perfect cop. i wouldnt even "warn" a fellow cop. id let him go without another word. its called a brother hood. if you disagree then fine, but if you ever drive through broward and get pulled over, be sure to tell them how much we ***** when we get warnings and tickets from you guys. maybe he'll grant you the courtesy you guys grant us. unbelievable :|

06-14-2009, 03:35 AM
It's a good thing you weren't drunk. There are some cops down here that get a hard-on by locking-up Broward cops. Tickets aren't enough,... they want to see them in jail. I know, it's sad down here.

i know ive heard horror stories like that also. i dont understand man. you talk to former nypd guys about this and they say that florida cops have no comraderie, no professional courtesy. an fhp guy pulled over one of our swat guys going code three to a call out and tried to give him a ticket for speeding. wtf!?!?! are they bored. is there some type of grudge? really. whats the reasoning for doing that. fairness?? sounds like crap and some deep internal problems.
the days of looking out for one another is over. sad

06-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Its too bad, this is not the attitude of the majority in Monroe County, but unfortunately the ones that are make it bad for the entire county. Officers go back to their counties and tell these stories and it spreads like a virus. So then when "we" are
in anothter county and get stopped, "we" get to hear about how poorly one the their guys were treated.

It is sad there used to be professional courtesy without the attitude. I mean all cops have had EVOC and do drive better
than your average citizen. So why they have to have the disrespectful attitude is beyond me. Most of these stops occur
in the upper keys area and there are a lot of new guys and most of them are coming out of Miami. I don't know maybe
Broward beat them in football or stole their girlfriends....

All I can say is watch your speed, and if you have a serious attitude problem there is nothing wrong with talking to
the Station Commanders regarding poor attitude toward yourself as a citizen and fellow LEO.

06-14-2009, 12:11 PM
First I want to say sorry to all my Leo brothers North. It seems that others forget that we are all brothers out here and as we give breaks to citizens we should as well to our fellow brothers out there.

It seems we are dealing new guys that don't know about being brothers. I would like to say not all of us here are like that and if and when one of should get stopped I would hope we could continue being brothers and not judged by the actions of a few.

Truly Sorry.

06-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey for information it's not the upper keys dep's. Most are seasoned officer's.

06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
To Broward Leo's,
I have never or will never write one of my fellow brothers/ sisters..... I don't care where you are from, Florida or not! I will never give you a speech about it, you know it's wrong I don't need to tell you. Please know that there is a small amount of MCSO DEP'S that would do this! And whoever wrote that this happens a lot in Sec 7 (Upper Keys) is full of it! Be safe all....

Its too bad, this is not the attitude of the majority in Monroe County, but unfortunately the ones that are make it bad for the entire county. Officers go back to their counties and tell these stories and it spreads like a virus. So then when "we" are
in anothter county and get stopped, "we" get to hear about how poorly one the their guys were treated.

It is sad there used to be professional courtesy without the attitude. I mean all cops have had EVOC and do drive better
than your average citizen. So why they have to have the disrespectful attitude is beyond me. Most of these stops occur
in the upper keys area and there are a lot of new guys and most of them are coming out of Miami. I don't know maybe

All I can say is watch your speed, and if you have a serious attitude problem there is nothing wrong with talking to
the Station Commanders regarding poor attitude toward yourself as a citizen and fellow LEO.

06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
To Broward Leo's,
I have never or will never write one of my fellow brothers/ sisters..... I don't care where you are from, Florida or not! I will never give you a speech about it, you know it's wrong I don't need to tell you. Please know that there is a small amount of MCSO DEP'S that would do this! And whoever wrote that this happens a lot in Sec 7 (Upper Keys) is full of it! Be safe all....

Its too badBrpward, this is not the attitude of the majority in Monroe County, but unfortunately the ones that are make it bad for the entire county. Officers go back to their counties and tell these stories and it spreads like a virus. So then when "we" are

As a former NYPD cop I agree there is no comraderie in Florida but to give another cop a ticket is total BS. As read earlier an FHP cop pulled over a SWAT guy on a callout and tried to give him a ticket...I find that false, what cop would stop in his marked unit for another attempting to pull him over, NOT ME. I don't even give a verbal warning to a cop if I stop him/her. I would never give a cops family a ticket either. If the person is a real A hole then call the LEO and let them know thats as far as I would go and let the LEO deal with them. The problem is you have 2-3 year rookies teaching new recruits in the academy

06-15-2009, 01:11 AM
1227, how sweet. I'm glad you don't work for me.

Nothingsurprisesme
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Stone Cold, Thank You! Great example of just the kind of self-involved, narrow-minded, rookie we're talking about here. Anyone who would write, warn or even delay a cop any longer than it takes to find out the person you've stopped is actually on the job is just the kind of person we need to rid this profession of. Thanks for being a excellent example of a BAD example!

06-15-2009, 04:39 AM
glad to see some people still are professional and courteous in this job. dont worry about the low lifes who bring down the department. hopefully they'll filter out someway. stay safe

TapTheForwardAssist
06-15-2009, 06:43 AM
BRO............Nothingsurpisesme...

That response was priceless, the shiznat...perfect!!

I wonder if ( Stone Cold ) is the one that is afraid of there own shadow? Things that make you go HMMMMM? But then again, coming from that geographical area NOTHING SURPRISES ME!

06-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Well, I'm not mall security so I guess I don't work for you! Have a good day Stone cold, you are a hero.... :devil:

06-16-2009, 02:38 AM

im very glad that i dont work for you. you must be the sorriest, worst, most useless waste of placenta, poster child for an abortion, supervisor, law enforcement has ever seen.

i really hope your not a supervisor, cause i would feel sorry for you people.

06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Well put my friends in Broward and around the State! New hires are being taught by officer's with little training themselves and I have heard they are being taught to take action against cops. This problem is every where now not just in the Keys. What we need to do is re-train them and let them see how professional officer's work.

Lets stop bashing each other and remember no matter what any officer can ride through the keys if your stopped for speeding by me. I will show you respect and tell you to have a nice day. Be safe and remember not all the cops in the Keys have lost being professional. Be safe

06-20-2009, 11:21 AM
If a tourist is doing 20 over the speed limit I'm sure you would write them. Why, because they are putting you at risk, your family and everyone else on the road at risk. What's the difference if it's a tourist or a off duty officer speeding? NOTHING. They will wipe out your family just as fast as the tourist. Keep giving breaks, it's just a matter of time. Professional curtousy is o.k. if the infraction is unknown or not so severe. My biggest problem is is when you stop a vehicle and there is a badge sticking in your face before you even get their D.L. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue are the worst. And yes, I have written them.

06-22-2009, 05:05 AM
If a tourist is doing 20 over the speed limit I'm sure you would write them. Why, because they are putting you at risk, your family and everyone else on the road at risk. What's the difference if it's a tourist or a off duty officer speeding? NOTHING. They will wipe out your family just as fast as the tourist. Keep giving breaks, it's just a matter of time. Professional curtousy is o.k. if the infraction is unknown or not so severe. My biggest problem is is when you stop a vehicle and there is a badge sticking in your face before you even get their D.L. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue are the worst. And yes, I have written them.

you should really condsider turning in your badge and start thinking about a new career. you should not be in this profession with that mentality. we definatley dont need cops like you to further tarnish our reputation. i have a hard believing that every time you pull a person over, you have this "my family might get creamed" thought in your head. your just a bored deputy, either a rookie someone with no life who did not make it far in their job and feels like he needs to channel his disgruntled attitude on the citizens. if you came to my department, id make sure you would be no where near a ticket book or a police car. id put you in a closet filing paper work or answering phones. if you get pulled over, i bet your still the one who tells them ur a cop and try to weasel out of a ticket. but let me guess, you dont get pulled over right??

what island do you work on???

06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I love coming to this departments page because it makes me feel so good.

Stone, you have a good point and I'm sure you don't give every cop a ticket. Do you?

Now to you Mr. No Life. Are you seriously saying you never gave a cop or a fireman a ticket? If that is the case maybe it is you who needs to step away from the ticket book and go into the closet. It's nice to give a break but sometimes just because someone is a officer they think they don't have to obey the law.

Let's forget about a ticket for now. What if a officer beats the hell out of his wife. What will you do, use that thing you want to call professional curtousy and look the other way?

Also, don't you all work on Islands?

Have a good day. I'm going back to my own department page now. I'll stop back here when I need another laugh. :lol:

06-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I love coming to this departments page because it makes me feel so good.

Stone, you have a good point and I'm sure you don't give every cop a ticket. Do you?

Now to you Mr. No Life. Are you seriously saying you never gave a cop or a fireman a ticket? If that is the case maybe it is you who needs to step away from the ticket book and go into the closet. It's nice to give a break but sometimes just because someone is a officer they think they don't have to obey the law.

Let's forget about a ticket for now. What if a officer beats the hell out of his wife. What will you do, use that thing you want to call professional curtousy and look the other way?

Also, don't you all work on Islands?

Have a good day. I'm going back to my own department page now. I'll stop back here when I need another laugh. :lol:

another one who doesnt deserve to wear a badge. were talking about tickets and your talking about cops beating wives. r u perfect? i m sure if u got pulled over by a fellow cop u'd pull the badge and say "hey im a cop". so ur attitude is everyone gets whats comin to them?? again. what island do you work on and name?? we can settle this another way if u want.

06-23-2009, 01:31 PM
I guess if I came to Monroe County and did get stopped for speeding I would pull out my badge. If the officer had stopped me for 50 over and then said, have a nice day. I guess that officer would have been you who stopped me. If I see the officer starting to write a ticket I would assume it is Stone Cold. Would it be possible for me to have Stone Cold call you and you could explain this thing you like to call professional cutousy?

You guys are silly. Thanks again for a good laugh.

06-24-2009, 08:01 AM
I just want to say that I was pulled over by a MCSO Dep. and he was great. He showed me the same respect that I would have shown him. COPS Should Not Arrest or cite over COPS for BS !!! Let the Pencil Pushing retards Arrest cops! :devil:

06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm a real cop. I spent over 30 years on the job and rose through the ranks. Currently I teach and when I have business in a certain area, I always check out the local police blogs to get a little insight. Here is the real deal, Gen X and Gen Y. In my career I have stopped a lot of law enforcement officers, nurses, firefighters, teachers and airline pilots. I have given more breaks then not to all, except law enforcement, they never, ever, ever, ever received a citation or lecture. If, the cop had an attitude, I would handle it right then and there. I have learned that my best weapon is communication. Never had a problem with a cop in my career, including the ones that were drunk, it can be handled. When I was a boss I had over zealous guys working for me that did write other cops tickets, now I would never ask anyone to quash them, but damn if they didn't get lost, and the guy who wrote it, damn if they didn't have a string of bad luck, and not only with me but with every other supervisor as well. There is an old saying in police work " Rat to me, Rat on me". Now, that being said I also had the unpleasant task of serving guys restraining orders and even arresting a few for serious crimes. None the less, it is never pleasant and gives us all a black eye. Now I have never looked the other way at corruption, bribery or behavior that is criminal, but a damn traffic offense!!??Believe me, in this profession the only thing you have is your reputation, write other LEOs and the word is out there, besides don't think for one instant that you are respected by your bosses or others because of your " high ethics" you are thought of as a putz,with no communication or the ability to build teams and consensus. Enjoy your position on road patrol, as that is where you will spend the next 25 years. Oh, and the kid you had to be the FTO to, thankfully he didn't take your advise and now you work for him/her!

06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm a real cop. I spent over 30 years on the job and rose through the ranks. Currently I teach and when I have business in a certain area, I always check out the local police blogs to get a little insight. Here is the real deal, Gen X and Gen Y. In my career I have stopped a lot of law enforcement officers, nurses, firefighters, teachers and airline pilots. I have given more breaks then not to all, except law enforcement, they never, ever, ever, ever received a citation or lecture. If, the cop had an attitude, I would handle it right then and there. I have learned that my best weapon is communication. Never had a problem with a cop in my career, including the ones that were drunk, it can be handled. When I was a boss I had over zealous guys working for me that did write other cops tickets, now I would never ask anyone to quash them, but darn if they didn't get lost, and the guy who wrote it, darn if they didn't have a string of bad luck, and not only with me but with every other supervisor as well. There is an old saying in police work " Rat to me, Rat on me". Now, that being said I also had the unpleasant task of serving guys restraining orders and even arresting a few for serious crimes. None the less, it is never pleasant and gives us all a black eye. Now I have never looked the other way at corruption, bribery or behavior that is criminal, but a darn traffic offense!!??Believe me, in this profession the only thing you have is your reputation, write other LEOs and the word is out there, besides don't think for one instant that you are respected by your bosses or others because of your " high ethics" you are thought of as a putz,with no communication or the ability to build teams and consensus. Enjoy your position on road patrol, as that is where you will spend the next 25 years. Oh, and the kid you had to be the FTO to, thankfully he didn't take your advise and now you work for him/her!

Amen!!!! I wish we had more like you.... Let them kid themselves if they think they are real cops!

06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Stone Cold who ever you are shows me that being a one minded cop as you are needs to move on away from law enforcement all together. You make it bad on your fellow Keys Dep's and I only hope someday you get the real picture of being brother's in law enforcement.

Another point if a cop is bad real bad and is involved in a major crime than fine! I'll back your play, but speeding? come on we do give breaks too other's civilian and law enforcement, so please the next time you stop another brother remember what comes around goes around!

I have a news flash for you also. I'll bet that when I am running radar I can catch you speeding, which according too you is a major crime. get a life!

06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
OK. Lets be real. We all know that by checking the time and date of the original post that this incident of the traffic stop was initiated by either C S-H or someone that works for
C S-H. Stop playing. C S-H is worthless and we all know it. We should not be surprised that something like this came from C S-H or C S-H shift and we should not be surprised if C S-H is the infamous "StoneCold" (what a joke). To all the real cops out there "We know what has to be done to handle this cancer-lets do it old school-like it should be done"*.

To all the real cops out there, who do it the right way because it needs to be done not for money or recognition, God Bless You and Yours!! Don't even sweat the rest of them!

06-26-2009, 06:13 AM
You read my mind! I was thinking the same thing! And yes, "Worthless" sums it up.

07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I have read all the remarks about a BSO getting stopped and *****ing about getting a warning. I have been a cop for 9 yrs and have stopped other officers. I have even wrote other officers because they have had bad attitudes towards the badge that stopped them. What makes anyone who is a LEO think we are above the law. If we don't do our jobs then that makes us a hypercrite. It is officer descretion if the person we stop gets a ticket or not. If you can't handle someone doing there job then don't give them a reason to stop you. It is easy you know how fast you can drive without getting stopped. I caught a Miami-Dade officer pissing on the side of the road standing and the first thing out of his mouth was he was a LEO and asked me to give him professional courtsy.

You can't down someone for doing their job and doing it the way it is suppose to be done. If you break the law man up and take what is coming. If you do not feel like it is justice then take it to court and let the judge dismiss it. I tell everyone that complains about the treatment they get when they come to the keys is this, IF you don't like the way you are treated then stay out of Monroe County and don't come back. I can almost bet that if I was to go to Broward and not say anything about me being a cop I would get a tiket if I was to break the law. Just because I am a LEO does not give me the right to break the law when I want. Those that whine about the way they are treated and not given a citation after saying they are a LEO are not real cops in my opion.

07-11-2009, 11:12 AM
As a former NYPD cop I agree there is no comraderie in Florida but to give another cop a ticket is total BS. As read earlier an FHP cop pulled over a SWAT guy on a callout and tried to give him a ticket...I find that false, what cop would stop in his marked unit for another attempting to pull him over, NOT ME. I don't even give a verbal warning to a cop if I stop him/her. I would never give a cops family a ticket either. If the person is a real A hole then call the LEO and let them know thats as far as I would go and let the LEO deal with them. The problem is you have 2-3 year rookies teaching new recruits in the academyAnother Broward LEO

Sadly this is a true story... A FHP trooper pulled over a Tampa Swat guy on his way to a call out... Only reason the Tampa guy stopped is becasue he thought something was wrong with his vehicle.. when it is all said and done they got into a verbal argument end result is the trooper was disiplined and transferred.... Typical FHP

07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
As a former NYPD cop I agree there is no comraderie in Florida but to give another cop a ticket is total BS. As read earlier an FHP cop pulled over a SWAT guy on a callout and tried to give him a ticket...I find that false, what cop would stop in his marked unit for another attempting to pull him over, NOT ME. I don't even give a verbal warning to a cop if I stop him/her. I would never give a cops family a ticket either. If the person is a real A hole then call the LEO and let them know thats as far as I would go and let the LEO deal with them. The problem is you have 2-3 year rookies teaching new recruits in the academyAnother Broward LEO

Sadly this is a true story... A FHP trooper pulled over a Tampa Swat guy on his way to a call out... Only reason the Tampa guy stopped is becasue he thought something was wrong with his vehicle.. when it is all said and done they got into a verbal argument end result is the trooper was disiplined and transferred.... Typical FHP

A "former NYPD" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder why. You say you never even gave a verbal warning to a cop. What did you do just pull him over, walked up to him, he said he was a cop and you just got back in your car. He didn't even now why you stopped him? Maybe he is still sitting on the side of the road waiting for you to come back upto his vehicle.

YOU'RE FULL OF IT. GET REAL.

Different story when you're talking about the SWAT guy. No need to hold him up.

What we are talking about are the cops who think they can just speed and get away with it because they are cops.

07-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Hey, "Former NYPD"...Stone Cold just made my point from my previous post for me. "Worthless!". Cops like that are an embarrasment to me, this department and to our chosen profession. The attitude of comraderie and a feeling of being part of a brotherhood larger that one's self is being systematically drained out of this job and out of the new cops coming in because we have rookies training rookies. "Badge-heavy" but "life-experience-lacking" posers! It's very dis-heartening. Not the same job anymore.

09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
I use to be a deputy down there and know for a fact that it gets worse the further south you go. I don't know why someone would say that its the upper keys guys/gals, its the total opposite. As for camaraderie, I have heard the horror stories from around the state. In Miami-Dade its one big brotherhood & we love our brothers & sisters from Broward! Oh and yes, we've had officers pulled over in their marked police cars, by troopers up north, while heading towards LEO awards ceremonies and Memorials! Now I find that to be silly and just ridiculous.

Stay safe out there brothers & sisters

09-05-2009, 04:49 AM
You can say that again about brotherhood (sisterhood). That word doesn't exist in their vocabulary. LOL.