PDA

View Full Version : Supportive Union?

06-11-2009, 02:30 PM
There has been recent talk about having each deputy provide $2 out of their paycheck for a fund in the event another deputy suffers an injury. Somebody mentioned about perhaps having the Teamsters forgo $2 out of their bi-weekly $23.00.

While looking at the big three collective bargaining units for law enforcement here in Florida (Teamsters, FOP and PBA) I found that the PBA already has a fund for LEO's that suffer injuries.

PBA DEATH AND DISABILITY PLAN:

Effective April 1, 2005

This is a program, free to members of Chapters and participating Charters, which provides certain death or disability benefits to the member, spouse or dependent children when the member is killed or suffers a catastrophic injury in the line of duty.

On December 1, 2005, death benefit payment increased to a maximum of $30,000 and effective November 15, 2007, catastrophic injury benefit payment increased to a maximum of $20,000.

Please contact the PBA at 1-800-733-3722 for more information.

Maybe it is time for the Teamsters to actually show they care about their due paying members.

06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
What's a supportive union? Never had one here, so how would I recognize it?

06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Well then quit the union and just be a company man all your career, you filthy SCAB!

06-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Well then quit the union and just be a company man all your career, you filthy SCAB!

Tell me what the union has done for us (Other than collect dues, of course).

06-30-2009, 11:23 PM

Tell me what the union has done for us (Other than collect dues, of course).

It hasnt done enough because of filthy SCAB company boys like you who destroy the brotherhood. If everyone sticks together the adminstration can be annihilated and the agency torn down so it can be built back up by the officers via the union.

07-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Get off the pipe and come back to reality!

07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Get off the pipe and come back to reality!

I agree. Those that are totally in the union corner resort to name calling "scab" and the like. And if memory serves, isn't a scab somebody who crosses a picket line? Since we will never have one here the term loses the effect.

I would only point out a few things that for years everybody wanted the union to do and that the union failed to deliver. One was the step plan. Another was having the 10-75 issue put into a contract. Another was the different pay issues (night differential, etc).

What did the union do for us? A tobacco policy and a physical agility test.

Thanks a lot union!!!

07-09-2009, 11:21 PM
I guess the lack of responses tells it all!