PDA

View Full Version : Two drivers attacked in Lehigh

06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
This weekend two people were attacked at intersection within minutes of each other.

Now, the Lee Sheriff's Office is looking for a group of men ganging up on drivers.

Both attacks happened Saturday morning shortly after midnight.

And as many as 20 men may have been involved.

According to the Sheriff's Office both victims were forced off the road at intersections on Sentinela Boulevard, which is in Lehigh Acres.

One of the victims told WINK News he was scared for his life.

"I thought I was going to die there. I thought tonight was going to be the night I was going to meet my maker," said "J".

"J" doesn't want us to reveal his full name or show his entire face.

But he did show us some of his injuries.

His face mangled and swollen by more than a dozen men.

"They kneed, punched, kicked, all over," he said.

"J" says he was driving down Sentinela Boulevard, minutes from his Lehigh Acres home, when all of a sudden a white Lincoln, driving recklessly, followed "J" and forced him off the road.

"The white Lincoln swerved into me and made me go into a culvert," "J" said.

"J" says he got a flat tire.

When he got out to change the tire, the Lincoln and two other cars pulled up beside him.

More than a dozen people got out of the three cars.

"They just hit me. They started hitting me in the face," "J" said.

The beating lasted only minutes and then it was over and they were gone

"I felt so horrible. Why would they do something like this? I didn't do anything to them," J said.

It's unclear what motivated the crime, but one thing is certain it wasn't an isolated incident.

Minutes before "J"'s attack, a retired US Marshal was driving in the exact same area when he says a group of 6-9 men approached his car and tried pulling him out.

He was able to escape without injury.

"J" wasn't so lucky.

"It's something I wish on nobody. If they can catch them I'll be happy," "J" said.

The hunt for the suspects continues.

06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe on my day off I'll go sit there. Sounds like I could have some fun.

06-10-2009, 04:46 AM
All I can say is thank god we have a Anti-Crime Unit or better yet a central district. Bet ya we look real good now! I have said it over and over before. Why not take away the central district and shuffle deputies out toward are ongoing problem areas. Now I am sure none of us want to go to Lehigh (including me) but if need be it is our job. Sick of friends and neighbors always asking me about the crime in Lehigh. Its getting real old and no one seems to have an legitimate answer. The central district is formed around the city for gods sake, whats the sense is that? Its not hard to change the boundaries so that the small area not covered by the city can be absorbed into north and west district. Were already deep in negative publicity, why add to it. Just my 2 cents though!

06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
WTF is up with the ex-Marshall,

I showed them my badge, F#@k that, show them your lead, .45.

People need to take back their neighborhoods true, but when a badge is to chicken shit to send a piece of shit Cuban born, goat killing, sister sodomizing, burning in the ninth layer of the abyss, asshole to hell, then who is?

06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
If the suspects were Mexicans with no DL's the Anti-Crime Unit might have caught them by now! If they had bandanas on them the Gang Unit would have already ID'd them as Crips associates. Let loose the hounds of hell, Sheriff!

06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I can see the justification on the attacks on the Gang & A/C units, but I can assure you that Echo more than justifies it worth. Check the stats & see which districts really perform.

06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I can see the justification on the attacks on the Gang & A/C units, but I can assure you that Echo more than justifies it worth. Check the stats & see which districts really perform.

Does Echo have all the cool guy tactical gear the Gang Unit has? I didn't think so. I rest my case.