PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Cut the Budget

06-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I got a crazy idea, if the town is hurting for money, how about we actually get rid of some of the fat. Without singling any one person out, do we really need three secretaries???? and if so, why aren't they trained to work in dispatch???? Or how about eliminating the agencies bakery department. I know that sending filing packets via the mail or some crazy idea like that is too cutting edge. Oh yeah, who would put up the Christmas tree in the lobby, or run an errand like buying one of the Captains their lottery tickets. Just a thought.

06-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Wow! Those are some serious ways to cut the budget. Does anyone have any REAL ways we could save money, WITHOUT losing positions?
-Turning off our cruisers while sitting for an extended period?
-Start charging for false alarm responses?
-Revisit the red-light camera program? (The Mayor originally shot this down.Maybe because his son would be the biggest violator??)
-Stop paying OT for Hypoluxo Island coverage?

These are just simple ideas off the top of my head.

06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow! Those are some serious ways to cut the budget. Does anyone have any REAL ways we could save money, WITHOUT losing positions?
-Turning off our cruisers while sitting for an extended period?
-Start charging for false alarm responses?
-Revisit the red-light camera program? (The Mayor originally shot this down.Maybe because his son would be the biggest violator??)
-Stop paying OT for Hypoluxo Island coverage?

These are just simple ideas off the top of my head.
Those are seriously some good ideas. Definitely agree with the Hypoluxo Island coverage. That is a waste of Police resources. We had approx. 8 night time burglaries on the west side this spring where the home owner was home sleeping, and there was no additional resources added. This went on for approximately 2 months and nothing was done about it. That to me is confusing. It's actually scary. When you enter someones home when they are sleeping that is alot different from breaking into it when they are not present. BIG step up. And you know darn well the suspect(s) were armed in case of a confrontation. It's just frustrating when you actually give a darn about the people and feel for them when your taking the report of someone just was inside their home when they were sleeping.
Take it day by day I guess.