PDA

View Full Version : New hires

06-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Can someone please confirm if Plant City hired a father/son duo ? One being a new captain and the other an officer.

06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
You must be from another agency. No father and son has been hired. I think we hired a new Captain. I talked to a few officers, everyone seems to like him.

06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
From what I heard, that's because they don't really know him and his past....but no matter...he's here, he's Big Billy's buddy...will probably be the next Chief....that's why he came here...to keep the good-ol-boy, back scratchin goin....etc etc etc....and the beat goes on.....and on....

06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
From what I heard, that's because they don't really know him and his past....but no matter...he's here, he's Big Billy's buddy...will probably be the next Chief....that's why he came here...to keep the good-ol-boy, back scratchin goin....etc etc etc....and the beat goes on.....and on....

Do not be fooled by a wolf in sheeps clothing. Remember the book of Genesis the devil himself approached Eve in a friendly manner. Do you think for one second that if Eve knew he was the devil and his mission was to destroy Gods plan for their lives and curse the land because of her disobeying God that she would have listened to him?? Most all people you meet will show some type of a friendly demeanor. There is nothing good that can come out of any leader at pcpd being a friend of billy. Ive known billy for years and he always has something negative to say about someone else other than the person hes talking to. So go figure when hes talking to another person that you will be one of the dumb ass rednecks that fell off the turnip truck. I really thought the city manager had more sense than to let billy play a role in the hiring of the next chief. Im sure that billy sold him a good story as to how this person is the best thing since sliced bread. Dont EVER underestimate billys dirty tactics. Hes good, he could sell a person burning in hell a box of matches. I promise all of you that billy does not have your best intrest in mind. This new leader will be just as bad or worse as billy and billy will kick back and enjoy every moment of his retirement knowing that this person is causing you all as much hell or more than he did. I really dont like unions but now is the time during this transistion to get together as a team and decide if yall want another billy. A union will not solve all your problems but it will show the city that yall mean business and they will not be able to screw with you as easy. Trust me I know for a fact when the fire dept. was union it saved a firemans job. The city wanted him gone but the city manager at the time phil waldren did not fire him for fear of problems from the union. Hang in there guys yall have the ability to make this a BETTER department than you think it is now. You might ought to listen to us old timers for once who are on the way out. We are not grumpy old men like yall think we are. We have been there, seen it and was not impressed. Or yall can listen to the LIES of the administration and learn the hard way. :devil:

06-09-2009, 02:24 AM
Let me guess...by old timer you mean a guy who has been on patrol for the last 20 years and are finally about to retire? Don't get me wrong, if that is what you wanted it's great....we need great guys like Oz to keep us laughing and remind us things arent as serious as they seem......but what I have a problem with is a disgruntled "old timer" bad mouthing the entire staff/admin/rookies for being optimisitc because they are exactly what they deny...."disgruntled". If you are a cop, chances are this may apply to you. No way are you a fire fighter because if you were you wouldn't be preaching for the Union which got you them squat. We love the hose draggers for sure, but I haven't spoken to one yet who does not wish they got the raises we got at PCPD.

How dare the young be optimistic. Am I optimistic for hoping the new Captains are good people, friends with Chief or not who may help us transition into a new Chief? Be it them or an outsider it will be a wild ride that it seems no one knows what is in store. So yes...I will remain optimistic until the outcome suggests otherwise. I am a "Billy" fan, an admin "fan", a rookie "fan", and a oldtimer "Fan"....I am not a fan of people like you who would rather bad mouth things than to make an effort to change it. Put in for another position, go to admin, get rank, make changes as opposed to dogging those who try or do.

06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Are you an idiot? How many times do we have to listen to pro-union propaganda? The union has not done much, if anything, for the Fire Dept., did not do anything for HCSO and continues to do nothing for LPD. Whatever you want to say about "Billy", he and the City Commission got us the step plan and which resulted in considerable raises for 95% of us last year. Had the union been voted in that would have never happened.

As far as the captains are concerned, two are being hired and only one of them is Chief's friend. I don't know much about him but he seems like a nice guy so far. I don't picture him being interested in becoming the next Chief (guy is 65 already so we are talking someone pushing 70 by the time the position comes up). Who knows though he may be one of those that wants to work up until the day he dies. I think the next Chief is totally up in the air. It could be one of the two recently promoted Captains or one of the two new hired Captains or it could be someone from outside the agency.

This agency is not perfect and it never will be. No agency is. Instead of being negative and focusing on "EVIL" lets be positive and try to work together to make it better.

Be safe.

06-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Are you an idiot? How many times do we have to listen to pro-union propaganda? The union has not done much, if anything, for the Fire Dept., did not do anything for HCSO and continues to do nothing for LPD. Whatever you want to say about "Billy", he and the City Commission got us the step plan and which resulted in considerable raises for 95% of us last year. Had the union been voted in that would have never happened.

As far as the captains are concerned, two are being hired and only one of them is Chief's friend. I don't know much about him but he seems like a nice guy so far. I don't picture him being interested in becoming the next Chief (guy is 65 already so we are talking someone pushing 70 by the time the position comes up). Who knows though he may be one of those that wants to work up until the day he dies. I think the next Chief is totally up in the air. It could be one of the two recently promoted Captains or one of the two new hired Captains or it could be someone from outside the agency.

This agency is not perfect and it never will be. No agency is. Instead of being negative and focusing on "EVIL" lets be positive and try to work together to make it better.

Be safe.

Please do not speak on behalf of LPD. Our union is working just fine and we have not recieved any retribution for going union. The city is finally coming to the reality that the union is here to stay and they are going to have to play by the rules or be called on the carpet for it. In addition LFD and Electric & Water have followed our lead and have unionized. I'm not saying I agree with all choices and decisions made by the union but we would be far worse off without one. HCSO is a bunch of idiots for voting out their union. Just look at their page and see how they are getting punked on a daily basis by the sheriff now.

06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone at LPD. But, you have to admit LPD ain't even close to what it used to be and the union doesn't seem to have made many positive changes that I have heard of. LPD has a lot of good officers and I hope the union does step up for them finally. Its not for us at PCPD and my main purpose was to point out we need to stop the negativity on LEOAffairs because obviously people from other agencies read it and might think PCPD is a bad place to work which its not.

06-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Sorry if I offended anyone at LPD. But, you have to admit LPD ain't even close to what it used to be and the union doesn't seem to have made many positive changes that I have heard of. LPD has a lot of good officers and I hope the union does step up for them finally. Its not for us at PCPD and my main purpose was to point out we need to stop the negativity on LEOAffairs because obviously people from other agencies read it and might think PCPD is a bad place to work which its not.

The problems we have are the result of our inept administration and unfortunately the union cannot fire them. The union did however organize a successful Vote of No Confidence in the Chief. The good ole boy network at city hall backed him and did not pressure him to leave but at least we were able overwhelmingly let everyone know how we felt.

06-11-2009, 10:13 PM

The problems we have are the result of our inept administration and unfortunately the union cannot fire them. The union did however organize a successful Vote of No Confidence in the Chief. The good ole boy network at city hall backed him and did not pressure him to leave but at least we were able overwhelmingly let everyone know how we felt.
And i'm sure the chief was quaking in his boots about that no-confidence vote. Yeah right he probably took the vote results and fanned his balls with it as he laughed that your union can do nothing. Keep spending your hard earned money on your union which can force the administration to do absolutely nothing.

06-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I am sure the LPD Chief didn't fan his balls, you try being a leader and realize your people have no confidence in your ability it sucks. Just because it didn't force him to step down doesn't mean it didn't work. If PCPD doesn't want the Union fine, but it does work. Even good Officers with great intentions get falsely accused at times and need representation. No place/job is perfect but don't knock the union because you trust your Chief to look out for you best interest.

06-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks LPD for trying to get the pcpd rookies to stop trying to impress their chief. They think that if the chief knows the ones who are against the union that it will earn points for them. Trust me been there done that, it does not work and now im enjoying retirement. THE ONLY THING THAT THE PCPD CHIEF HAS EVER LOOKED OUT FOR AND EVER WILL LOOK OUT IS HIS OWN ARSE. :evil:

06-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Good point mentioned. I promise you the city of plant city hates, despises, curses and so on, LEGAL REPRESENTATION!!! It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that if they hate legal help, that must mean that its good for the employee and bad for the city, go figure.

06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I just read in the paper you guys have 4 new captain's. 1/2 of which were hired from outside of the department? WOW, from outside to Capt, thats impressive. I would have a real problem with that if I worked there. So if a young guy there wants to get to that position, they should leave and reapply in like 20 years and skip all the street stuff. Whats an FBI agent know about day to day police calls? NADA I would say.....and what a good retirement pay to walk into.

06-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Tampa Patrol - Mind your own business.

06-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Tampa Patrol - Mind your own business.
Why PCPD? Does it hurt to hear the truth from outside the agency? Then you shouldn't look at your new Captain, why can't people admit when someone else has a good idea/a valid point even if it does not belong to you. I enjoyed my time at PCPD there were some slugs ut even the slugs had some good points, there were excellent officers and believe it or not the chief was good at times. I wish the men and women at PCPD the best, to be safe and go home to their loved ones.

06-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Tampa Patrol - Do you know either of the two new captains? Do you know anything other than what you read about the new hires in a newspaper? NO, thats what I thought and again I say MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

07-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Successful organizations communicate expectations clearly, offer positive reinforcement for good performance, and provide constructive and positive disipline for performance that is below established standards.

07-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Successful organizations communicate expectations clearly, offer positive reinforcement for good performance, and provide constructive and positive disipline for performance that is below established standards.
Sounds like a Bill McDaniel speal...

07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Plant City Security Department sounds more like it

08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
One of the new Captains hired by PCPD actually has quite a bit of experience and knowledge to bring to the table. He served with the Tampa Police Department, from which he retired. And then, went on to serve as Chief of Police for the Seminole Police Department. I think the guy knows his stuff by now, and should be a good asset to the department. The other, I don't know so I can't speak of...

08-30-2009, 05:04 PM
One of the new Captains hired by PCPD actually has quite a bit of experience and knowledge to bring to the table. He served with the Tampa Police Department, from which he retired. And then, went on to serve as Chief of Police for the Seminole Police Department. I think the guy knows his stuff by now, and should be a good asset to the department. The other, I don't know so I can't speak of... Both captains are experienced and well liked by the officers.

09-02-2009, 11:06 AM
The new Captain over Criminal Investigations is great. She knows her stuff and isn't afraid to get out there and get involved and get the bad guys. She doesn't ask her people to do anything she won't do herself. Oh yeah, and having tons of experience with the FBI does translate to good skills within her unit.

09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
You know what FBI stands for too real street cops??

FU**ING BUMBLING IDIOTS....