PDA

View Full Version : No Raises Again

06-04-2009, 11:54 AM
:evil: I am Sick to my Stomach to find out that not only are we not getting raises again this year but before submitting the new budget the Sheriff decided to give our attorney Hillmyer, his 2 assistants, Berquist, Kathy Murray, Annemarie Reno, Martha Stevenson and others in the hallway a raise. What make this worse is that Berquist and Hillmyer were already making over 100K and the others were at a very healthy salary, when we can’t even feed our families. The Sheriff doesn’t care he will be getting his raise from the State and use that same excuse that it’s mandated by law. We are out on the street and in the jail risking our lives while the fat, rich and lazy only get fat and richer. Let’s face it this guy does not care about us or our families, just his friends. It’s time to wake up and stand together with a union, let’s stop being fools and the laughing stock of the other agencies.

06-04-2009, 02:28 PM
grr

06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Seriously, come back to reality. I agree that Mike has lost touch with the working man/woman but a union can't convince the county to give us more money. We'll get a set amount and if we want a raise we'll lose something else. Suck it up and be glad that you have a job.

06-05-2009, 06:59 AM
:evil: I am Sick to my Stomach to find out that not only are we not getting raises again this year but before submitting the new budget the Sheriff decided to give our attorney Hillmyer, his 2 assistants, Berquist, Kathy Murray, Annemarie Reno, Martha Stevenson and others in the hallway a raise. What make this worse is that Berquist and Hillmyer were already making over 100K and the others were at a very healthy salary, when we can’t even feed our families. The Sheriff doesn’t care he will be getting his raise from the State and use that same excuse that it’s mandated by law. We are out on the street and in the jail risking our lives while the fat, rich and lazy only get fat and richer. Let’s face it this guy does not care about us or our families, just his friends. It’s time to wake up and stand together with a union, let’s stop being fools and the laughing stock of the other agencies.

We are at risk of losing our lives every day we come to work and yet the attorney, and his assistants get raises! What do they risk? A broken nail or a papercut? Mike can relate! What rank did he hold before Sheriff? (Boy scouts dont count!) We (the men and women of the LCSO) create the image of the GREAT WIZARD, as he makes promises he never fulfills, and makes foolish moves that reflect on the agency as a whole! What a joke! I think most of us know whats really behind the curtain! :twisted:

06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
What did Kathy Murray, Ann Marie Rena and Martha Stevenson do to get a raise ? Can some one tell that ?

06-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Maybe they were up on all fours...

06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
So it IS possible to not get a state mandated raise? Hmm. Interesting.

www.news-press.com/article/20090611/NEW ... 10343/1075 (http://www.news-press.com/article/20090611/NEWS0104/906110343/1075)

June 11, 2009

FGCU president Bradshaw forgoes pay raise
by dave breitenstein
dbreitenstein@news-press.com

FGCU President Wilson Bradshaw is declining a 5 percent salary increase guaranteed under his contract, along with a performance bonus.

The pay raise would have been worth $16,275, and the bonus could have been as high as $60,000.

FGCU's Board of Trustees will issue Bradshaw's annual evaluation Tuesday. Bradshaw nipped the prospect of a bonus in the bud before trustees had to publicly debate whether he deserves one, and how much.

"Given FGCU's current budget challenges and the ensuing inability to provide salary increases and bonuses for our deserving employees, I would respectfully decline a salary increase and performance bonus for my 2008-09 evaluation, should the Board wish to make these awards," he wrote.

Bradshaw has a $325,500 base salary, and collects a $50,000 annual housing allowance and $50,000 longevity bonus payable after five years. He also drives a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV at no cost.

Presidents at the University of Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International and Florida State also have declined bonuses.

Last June, Bradshaw drew criticism when trustees awarded a $15,500 raise and pro-rated bonus of $35,000, despite being on the job just seven months. Nine days later, FGCU announced Bradshaw and his wife, Jo Anna, donated $10,000 to create an endowed scholarship for financially needy students.

"I'm pleased he's stepping up to the plate," education professor Madelyn Isaacs said. "I'm sure he has worked hard this year, like we all have, to keep this university a vibrant place."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------