PDA

View Full Version : George Brightman

06-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Is is true that Goober George Brightman is coming back to work here at LCSO? This guy is going to fix all the problems in this agency.

08-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Is is true that Goober George Brightman is coming back to work here at LCSO? This guy is going to fix all the problems in this agency.
NO!!

08-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm new to this site, interesting venting of thoughts and feelings, perhaps the site is a good outlet for emotions, perhaps not, especially when you condemn people needlessly and without merit.

As a former member of LCSO, I just have to take issue with the description of "goober". George Brightman was already with the agency when I was hired into corrections, although my career took a different path, he was still well known for what he did for the agency.

Brightman wasn't part of the "good old boys", in fact, many of the "good old boys" hated him with a passion, why, because he achieved his rank on merit. He never forgot where he came from or why he was in law enforcement. Dispatcher, corrections, bailiff, road deputy was just his beginning. Did you know that Brightman was one of the most decorated members of this agency? Combat Cross, Gallantry Star, several Meritorious and exceptional duty medals and the Medal of Honor for his actions in the most horrific shoot-out in Lee County history, he risked his life to run towards a gun battle to a fallen and exposed Deputy.

Look around you, many of the programs implemented by him are still here today. District concept, take-home cars, school resource officer program, student crime stop program, fallen officer memorial, do-the-right thing, bicycle patrol, college assistance program, and a summer program for at-risk teens. These are just a few of his contributions, not to mention programs he expanded as Chief Deputy. Sheriff Mike Scott can also thank him for personally selecting him to do the morning traffic report at WBBH. I was present at a staff meeting after it became known that he was going to be our new Chief Deputy, the past Sheriff (Frank Wanicka) said he "would trust George with his life". I agree.

Thank you Chief Brightman for encouraging me and others in our careers, wish you had stayed!

08-23-2009, 12:38 AM
George is one of the most honorable men I've ever met.
Maybe he'll enter the 2012 Election.
C. Meister has already put in his papers for it. (Not that he'd have a prayer of winning as unqualified as he is :lol: )

09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
George USED to be an honorable man. He lost any respect that he had during his ridiculous act when he ran for sheriff in 2000. Really had no intention of running for sheriff & only did so in order to close the party by running against Shoap (common underhanded tactic in this area). He "retired" but didn't cash the retirement checks...withdraws from the election once Shoap had it sealed...and returns to work by loudly proclaiming "I'm Baaaack!!" What an absolute loser! Please stay as far away from this agency as possible - you've shown your true colors & embarassed us all.

What can't these kind of people just retire to the mountains like everyone else & enjoy their retirement? They always come back,