PDA

View Full Version : process to promote to Sgt changing??????

06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I heard today that they (Tally) might be starting to do oral interviews in addition to the Sgt exam. Anyone heard this or know of anything about it. I did see that D1, D2 and D3 were having a meeting today called "promotion review process" on their calenders. ?????

06-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I heard this about 3-4 weeks ago when people were taking the last Sgt. exam. Thats the way it should be. Just because someone is book smart doesn't mean they should be a supervisor. My old dept. combined test score, education, years of service, oral presentation and an interview. You could get X points in each section. :cop:

06-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I heard this about 3-4 weeks ago when people were taking the last Sgt. exam. Thats the way it should be. Just because someone is book smart doesn't mean they should be a supervisor. My old dept. combined test score, education, years of service, oral presentation and an interview. You could get X points in each section. :cop:

I totally agree.There should be an interview , especially if someone or more than one applicant has the same score.I think the written test is a joke. We are trained to use reference materials and not just take a wild guess when enforcing the law so why not make it an open book test? Length of service should also be kept in mind if an oral board is implemented , but hey what can you do.

06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Your PBA negotiated a contract with limitations. Tell them you want a change!