PDA

View Full Version : School Police

05-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Anybody heard anything about the School Police, when asked who they work for, identifying themselves as working for "Miami-Dade"?

I have heard about a couple of these.

06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
The correct answer is that they work for crayola police or finger paint police. HAHA :evil:

07-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Anybody heard anything about the School Police, when asked who they work for, identifying themselves as working for "Miami-Dade"?

I have heard about a couple of these.

The FACT is they do work for MIAMI-DADE they just leave out SCHOOL POLICE! :cop:

07-31-2009, 07:10 PM
THE FACT IS, I WOULD RATHER GET A 15 FROM SCHOOL BOARD THAT A BROWN CLOWN ANY DAY.

08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Blue Dude. As a School Board Cop, worked in the City and in the County. Whenever I went to the County HQ, they treated me like a civilian. Whenever i went to South Station, you guys treated me ( and us ) like part of the family. Have had you guys 15 with us too many times to mention. Have also 15 with you too many times to mention.

Keep safe.

08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
This is because you school cops are a bunch of lazy individuals who try to pawn off every call in the schools to county guys. As for the city guy go pound sand. At least us county guys aren't owed money from the city for stabilization like you guys.

08-06-2009, 12:53 AM
This is because you school cops are a bunch of lazy individuals who try to pawn off every call in the schools to county guys. As for the city guy go pound sand. At least us county guys aren't owed money from the city for stabilization like you guys.

LOL look whos talking, You guys pawn off calls to us when they fight in some shopping center blocks away. Sh$t you pawn off calls to FHP all day, QSM is that a state road. Give me a break. We only have 153 officers county wide, and thats 24/7 about 70 officers during days for um 600+ locations and ruffly 400,000 students and staff. not to mention midnights that run on 4 officers and 1 sgt county wide. And we pawn off things to you. Come on we still 15 with you guys and you with us, just relax. Oh by the way we dont clam to by county, cuz if we were we would be better paid like you. :lol:

08-13-2009, 12:39 AM

And we arnt taking no 5 % pay cut either. I got something you can pound.

08-14-2009, 01:26 AM

And we arnt taking no 5 % pay cut either. I got something you can pound.
A Vienna sausage?

08-14-2009, 03:07 AM
The only thing that is worthless at the School PD is the temporary chief that is about 5 foot nothing.

08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Why is it that on 10-50's that Ive seen a county cop do, I've seen school police as the 10-94 . I work for Miramar and on 2 different ocassion's ive seen that so im suprised do you guys all get dispatched by the county? on the same note ive seen school police pulling people over in the highway always let me to believe you guys worked together or were part of the same department.

08-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Why is it that on 10-50's that Ive seen a county cop do, I've seen school police as the 10-94 . I work for Miramar and on 2 different ocassion's ive seen that so im suprised do you guys all get dispatched by the county? on the same note ive seen school police pulling people over in the highway always let me to believe you guys worked together or were part of the same department.
Miami-Dade School Police are employees of Miami-Dade County, however they are NOT members of the Miami-Dade County Police Department. They DO NOT get the same extensive training as the Miami-Dade County Police do, nor do they attend the Miami-Dade Public Safety Training Institute Police Academy. They attend Miami Dade College's program. They have nothing to do with the Miami-Dade Police Department, at least until they apply, get accepted, and lateral over and become employees of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

The fact that you see them backing up officers on traffic stops lets me know that they are doing something. I am glad that they are there for the other officers. It explains why they are not at the schools. While I appreciate the fact that they are providing 15s (as every cop should do no matter what), it would be nice if they stayed in their patrol area occasionally. Perhaps then there would be fewer 34s at the schools in the mornings during drop-off, there would be some traffic control in the afternoons during dismissal, and perhaps there would be fewer discipline issues at the schools. My kids have been in the public school system for six years now. I have seen the MDCPS officer assigned to my kid's school exactly ONCE...and he was leaving the school! I can't tell you how many times I have ended up directing traffic MYSELF simply because the School Police aren't there. Last year during the first week of school, it was the Miami-Dade Police that were directing traffic, etc. NOT the School Police. They were nowhere to be found.

A previous poster pointed out that they (the Schools Police) work for Miami-Dade. That much is true. But then so does Solid Waste. I see the employees of Solid Waste putting in an honest day's work all the time. Not so for the School Police. Go ahead, blast me and get mad at me and call me all sorts of names (like they do in middle school!) and tell me how wrong I am. I challenge you to prove me wrong with your ACTIONS. Show up where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there, doing your job like you're supposed to. Oh, and learn how to handle a disturbance and document it properly. Maybe then the ASA won't have to drop all your cases. For that situation alone I don't want to be connected in any way with MDCPS Police.

08-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Miami-Dade School Police are employees of Miami-Dade County, however they are NOT members of the Miami-Dade County Police Department. They DO NOT get the same extensive training as the Miami-Dade County Police do, nor do they attend the Miami-Dade Public Safety Training Institute Police Academy. They attend Miami Dade College's program. They have nothing to do with the Miami-Dade Police Department, at least until they apply, get accepted, and lateral over and become employees of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

The fact that you see them backing up officers on traffic stops lets me know that they are doing something. I am glad that they are there for the other officers. It explains why they are not at the schools. While I appreciate the fact that they are providing 15s (as every cop should do no matter what), it would be nice if they stayed in their patrol area occasionally. Perhaps then there would be fewer 34s at the schools in the mornings during drop-off, there would be some traffic control in the afternoons during dismissal, and perhaps there would be fewer discipline issues at the schools. My kids have been in the public school system for six years now. I have seen the MDCPS officer assigned to my kid's school exactly ONCE...and he was leaving the school! I can't tell you how many times I have ended up directing traffic MYSELF simply because the School Police aren't there. Last year during the first week of school, it was the Miami-Dade Police that were directing traffic, etc. NOT the School Police. They were nowhere to be found.

A previous poster pointed out that they (the Schools Police) work for Miami-Dade. That much is true. But then so does Solid Waste. I see the employees of Solid Waste putting in an honest day's work all the time. Not so for the School Police. Go ahead, blast me and get mad at me and call me all sorts of names (like they do in middle school!) and tell me how wrong I am. I challenge you to prove me wrong with your ACTIONS. Show up where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there, doing your job like you're supposed to. Oh, and learn how to handle a disturbance and document it properly. Maybe then the ASA won't have to drop all your cases. For that situation alone I don't want to be connected in any way with MDCPS Police.

Just to let you know we have roughly 70 or so officers on days 0700 – 1500 for over 450+ schools sites. Do the math! They can’t be at every school at the same time. And no I’m not going to bash you. Oh by the way they dropped all those a-forms at Edison incident because of politics, you of all people should know that. We had two detectives resubmit those a-forms, but it was a no go, and it doesn’t help when our EX Miami, coward of a chief called the state trying to drop the charges. This school year there’ll be even less officers on days, now that we only have 149 total officers. You shouldn’t want us to go away after all that would be an extra 400,000 more headaches, whoops, I mean Students and staff, that departments like yours are going to have to handle if were are gone. Sorry were not directing traffic, to busy with other stuff after all we aren’t perfect, and neither are you guys.

08-16-2009, 05:22 PM

Just to let you know we have roughly 70 or so officers on days 0700 – 1500 for over 450+ schools sites. Do the math! They can’t be at every school at the same time. And no I’m not going to bash you. Oh by the way they dropped all those a-forms at Edison incident because of politics, you of all people should know that. We had two detectives resubmit those a-forms, but it was a no go, and it doesn’t help when our EX Miami, coward of a chief called the state trying to drop the charges. This school year there’ll be even less officers on days, now that we only have 149 total officers. You shouldn’t want us to go away after all that would be an extra 400,000 more headaches, whoops, I mean Students and staff, that departments like yours are going to have to handle if were are gone. Sorry were not directing traffic, to busy with other stuff after all we aren’t perfect, and neither are you guys.

I never claimed to be perfect, nor do I claim that MDPD is perfect. All I'm asking is that you do your JOB. You are supposed to be AT THE SCHOOLS, hence the name Miami-Dade County Public SCHOOL Police. So stay AT THE SCHOOLS. And when you are at the schools, do what you are supposed to do. If the charges had been properly documented THE FIRST TIME, there would be no need to re-file. Politics aside, that does not excuse the arrest forms that were written like crap. That could have been prevented by the officers that wrote them and the supervisors that signed off on them. Working short-handed is nothing new to any cop from any department. But if you guys were at the schools instread of being (sic)"to busy with other stuff", then maybe politics would not be such an issue. How are you supposed to garner support for your cause when you can't take care of what you are supposed to take care of? If such a crappy job was done at the Edison incident, then what is the incentive for increasing your budget to hire more officers, etc.? By performing in the manner that you are performing, i.e. not being where you are supposed to be, not being visible AT THE SCHOOLS, not handing situation properly, being (sic)"to busy with other stuff", you are digging your own grave. We are used to picking up for MDCPSP. We have been doing it for years. What's a few more calls? You can only handle them one call at a time anyway, as long as you are not (sic)"to busy doing other stuff".

08-16-2009, 11:13 PM

I never claimed to be perfect, nor do I claim that MDPD is perfect. All I'm asking is that you do your JOB. You are supposed to be AT THE SCHOOLS, hence the name Miami-Dade County Public SCHOOL Police. So stay AT THE SCHOOLS. And when you are at the schools, do what you are supposed to do. If the charges had been properly documented THE FIRST TIME, there would be no need to re-file. Politics aside, that does not excuse the arrest forms that were written like crap. That could have been prevented by the officers that wrote them and the supervisors that signed off on them. Working short-handed is nothing new to any cop from any department. But if you guys were at the schools instread of being (sic)"to busy with other stuff", then maybe politics would not be such an issue. How are you supposed to garner support for your cause when you can't take care of what you are supposed to take care of? If such a crappy job was done at the Edison incident, then what is the incentive for increasing your budget to hire more officers, etc.? By performing in the manner that you are performing, i.e. not being where you are supposed to be, not being visible AT THE SCHOOLS, not handing situation properly, being (sic)"to busy with other stuff", you are digging your own grave. We are used to picking up for MDCPSP. We have been doing it for years. What's a few more calls? You can only handle them one call at a time anyway, as long as you are not (sic)"to busy doing other stuff".

Give me a break... Talk about having a-forms tossed out, what about all the charges tossed out during the FTAA? Let me guess your line officers in riot gear who arrested all those people stopped what they were doing and wrote an A-From on the specific person they arrested? NOT. Some one else did, the same thing happened at Edison high. The officers who were at the school stayed behind and the a-forms were written by other officers who weren’t there. The subjects were taken to our GIU office, and the a-forms were generic. By the way, we and I’m sure you guys also call out sick “I mean other stuff” from time to time. And we aren’t perfect by far, but the funny thing is all of the officers we’ve lost in the past couple of years have excelled in departments like yours, some have become detectives, FTO’s, and other things in your department. Others have become homicide detectives in departments like Miami gardens, anf FTO’s in Miami after being there less then a year. We must be doing something right! Hummm, must be that the patrol officers here have to work there own Robberies and burglaries, and don’t have the luxury of calling out a GIU detective like you. So when they work for a department like yours they do very well.

How come we get along with other departments like Miami, Miami Gardens, Hialeah, Homestead, and Coral Gables among others, but No one really gets along with you guys? Well I’ll keep handling my Schools, and I mean Schools as in plural, because we handle more then one, unlike what you may think. And I’ll keep backing you guys up and vise a versa. Wouldn’t want to start pointing out all your departments faults now would I.

08-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Miami-Dade Police Department Chief: No arrest record

Miami-Dade School Police Chief: Arrested twice by us.

we win.

:)

08-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Miami-Dade Police Department Chief: No arrest record

Miami-Dade School Police Chief: Arrested twice by us.

we win.

:)

You got us on that one. Oh well the little guy is really funny when he gets mad.

He really doesn't represent the officers here, I guess we got the shaft again with him. That's two Chief's in a roll, well he's an interm chief at best.

08-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Whoops I meant row not roll, Darn dade county public school education!!