PDA

View Full Version : Board upholds demotion of Scott Ciresi

05-27-2009, 11:59 PM
A civil service board has upheld the demotion of a Lee County sheriff’s major.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Civil Service Board found that Sheriff Mike Scott did have just cause to demote Scott Ciresi from major to captain in March, resulting in a $21,000 pay cut.

Ciresi appealed the demotion, claiming the sheriff did not give documented reasons for his demotion.

Scott testified that Ciresi held a command level rank and answered to the sheriff.

“I don’t write reports to myself,” Scott said.

The board in a 4-1 vote agreed with Scott.

“There is just cause for the demotion to rank of captain,” Lt. Jim Brown, board chairman, said.

05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
A civil service board has upheld the demotion of a Lee County sheriff’s major.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Civil Service Board found that Sheriff Mike Scott did have just cause to demote Scott Ciresi from major to captain in March, resulting in a $21,000 pay cut.

Ciresi appealed the demotion, claiming the sheriff did not give documented reasons for his demotion.

Scott testified that Ciresi held a command level rank and answered to the sheriff.

“I don’t write reports to myself,” Scott said.

The board in a 4-1 vote agreed with Scott.

“There is just cause for the demotion to rank of captain,” Lt. Jim Brown, board chairman, said.

Again, Agree or Dis-agree...Had The Union been there , they would of handled this, So if you think it won't happen to you , you might be next and who will protect you ????

05-28-2009, 01:17 AM
I cant believe what I was told, the Sheriff said Ciresi was demoted for disciplinary reasons but did not produce documents and the board ruled the Sheriff is not required to produce proof, we better get a union fast. This guy is on a power trip and will hurt anyone he want who's next?

05-28-2009, 01:49 AM
I cant believe what I was told, the Sheriff said Ciresi was demoted for disciplinary reasons but did not produce documents and the board ruled the Sheriff is not required to produce proof, we better get a union fast. This guy is on a power trip and will hurt anyone he want who's next?

That is the main problem here in the whole state, Being a right to work state, at anytime, anyone can be demoted or terminated without cause. Unions protect when the Labor board does not.
In both cases there has to be written cause and signed by the employee, If the referral is not signed they will try and say " Just sign Refused " The second the pen hits the paper , you have acknowledged the facts stated on it and there is NO cause of appeal..

If Ciresi signed anything on that paper than the Sheriff should of produced it but since he was able to get away with that, :Proves ( to me at least ) that this man is a serious problem and will continue to get away with every thing with the back up by the Board, FDLE and Commission of Ethics.

Nothing is going to change until all are " SCOTT FREE " of this man. Luckily. I don't have to work for him but I feel for those who do ..

05-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Here are the facts:

Only one person voted the sheriff did not have just cause to demote Ciresi. When the Sheriff was questioned about why he had not produced written documentation to show reasons for the demotion, the Sheriff basically replied he was the sheriff and had the ability to do so. That person later voted the sheriff did not have just cause to demote Ciresi. I commend that person for standing up for what they believed to be right, knowing that the vote could of hurt their career.

Ladies and gentlemen we need to band together, get the PBA blue cards signed, and sent back to public employee relations commission (PERC). We're almost there!

karma4all
05-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Here are the facts:

Only one person voted the sheriff did not have just cause to demote Ciresi. When the Sheriff was questioned about why he had not produced written documentation to show reasons for the demotion, the Sheriff basically replied he was the sheriff and had the ability to do so. That person later voted the sheriff did not have just cause to demote Ciresi. I commend that person for standing up for what they believed to be right, knowing that the vote could of hurt their career.

Ladies and gentlemen we need to band together, get the PBA blue cards signed, and sent back to public employee relations commission (PERC). We're almost there!

I know it's not my business but I was reading in other departments forums and the PBA really doesn't sound that good, lots of complaints with them, few good words said ..

Like I said before I always supported the FOP but this decision is not mine to make.
Please really research out the unions before you decide on anyone.

05-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Didn't Mike "I will never tell a lie, nor tolerate those who do" Scott tell the media a few weeks ago that Ciresi's demotion was just part of the re-structuring of the agency"? Today it is because he didn't do his job right? As a defense atorney would say, are you lying now or were you lying then?

Didn't he say Ferrante was God's gift to Lee County then turn around two days later and call him a POS? Then he said Ferrante was suspended but he we later learned he wasn't suspended after all he was on FMLA. Then he said he went on FMLA to interfere with an IA even though the IA has to interview ALL witnesses first, then interview the subject deputy. Then he said there was no IA because he couldn't hold an IA when Ferrante was on FMLA, even though he already said Ferrante was on administrative leave pending an IA. In fact, didn't we get an email saying that?

wow, where does Mike's lies start and where do they end? If he told so many versions of a story as a subject deputy in an IA he would have been fired already. Yerk and Quintana were much closer to the truth and they were both fired. How does mike still have a job?

Does anyone else see that this guy is full of ess aitch eye tee? Without Ferrante to do his dirty work Mike is spinning out of control. I don't know if a union is the answer but we need to do something fast before this hot dog neck destroys us all.