PDA

View Full Version : New Hires

05-27-2009, 03:02 AM
W#ell guys its time to look for new employment. OPD is coming in and taking over our dept with all the retired guys. Remember we need experience here and you officers that have been here for 3 to 7 years have to wait til all the OPD retirees quite or die off to get a chance at any special units or promotions. Wait a sec, I think they will just go recruit more of the AARP squad and it will be a never ending battle. Guys before its too late move on and get out as fast as you can. They are telling us we are useless and expendable.

05-30-2009, 02:55 AM
I agree they just crapped on all of us.. I'm otta here as soon as the economy gets better. I bet i'm not the only one.

Taquaris Jackson
06-05-2009, 01:54 AM
TRY to go to OPD then and quit crying ladies.

06-05-2009, 05:39 PM
WEll i'm not to impressed with the OPD guys to be honest with you. They will all be retired on duty and not really work. I guess you are one of those future opd guys ... Welcome to UCF where your pay will be the same as your starting salary 10 years from now unless you get promoted. Welcome aboard.

Taquaris Jackson
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
WEll i'm not to impressed with the OPD guys to be honest with you. They will all be retired on duty and not really work. I guess you are one of those future opd guys ... Welcome to UCF where your pay will be the same as your starting salary 10 years from now unless you get promoted. Welcome aboard.

Thats real brotherhood talking huh pal? Assuming that the retired OPD guys, "will all be retired on duty and not really work", that bullshizit. You don't even want to give those guys a chance, well have fun at UCFPD where in your own words, "your pay will be the same as your starting salary 10 years from now unless you get promoted". I won't have that problem. :snicker:

06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow, this is real entertaining watching you guys argue about the pay. At least they got some money and we could use that because evidently they have money to throw around. I like the OPD guys but I wish they would pay me for my prior experience. I guess its just bad timing for me. This is just another tactic that they will use to divide us so we have 10,000 things going on while we get nothing during contract begging. :evil:

06-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Wow, this is real entertaining watching you guys argue about the pay. At least they got some money and we could use that because evidently they have money to throw around. I like the OPD guys but I wish they would pay me for my prior experience. I guess its just bad timing for me. This is just another tactic that they will use to divide us so we have 10,000 things going on while we get nothing during contract begging. :evil:
Owwwww..wowww..Orange City is real experience versus Orlando P.D.? Get real sweetcheeks!

Sara Mayes / Bailey :shock:

06-09-2009, 12:18 AM
well at least everyone knows my screen name and I do not hide behind the keyboard. The arguement was time as a real cop and basicly UCF is a glorified scurity job with Police powers. SO when you pay for experience, then you do it across the board. Oh yea how about Spoon, Ahearn, Reising experience, they didn't get paid either. Now if you want to chat with me in person by all means please feel free to do so and if not thats fine because it really doesn't matter now does it. Since you know about my so called 5.5 years of experience at Orange City and Daytona Beach I might want to tell you that half the people that work here probably wouldn't even pass FTO or would have the balls to work for a city police dept anyways. Its safer at UCF and you do not do anything but area checks and write tickets.

06-09-2009, 12:54 AM
well at least everyone knows my screen name and I do not hide behind the keyboard. The arguement was time as a real cop and basicly UCF is a glorified scurity job with Police powers. SO when you pay for experience, then you do it across the board. Oh yea how about Spoon, Ahearn, Reising experience, they didn't get paid either. Now if you want to chat with me in person by all means please feel free to do so and if not thats fine because it really doesn't matter now does it. Since you know about my so called 5.5 years of experience at Orange City and Daytona Beach I might want to tell you that half the people that work here probably wouldn't even pass FTO or would have the balls to work for a city police dept anyways. Its safer at UCF and you do not do anything but area checks and write tickets.
I agree, UCF is basically a security job your right about that! Why did you go to UCF then? What about OPD or Orange County? Since you have experience. Don't let UCF hold you back! A Captain in Brevard said that your only going to get a job if your the "best of the best", was the only way he put it. So.. all the IAs, Complaints and crap come back and bite ya!
SARA MAYES/ BAILEY :shock:

06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Since you know about my so called 5.5 years of experience at Orange City and Daytona Beach I might want to tell you that half the people that work here probably wouldn't even pass FTO or would have the balls to work for a city police dept anyways. Its safer at UCF and you do not do anything but area checks and write tickets.

WOW :shock: ...you left your real name and a quote like that to defend your fellow brother and sisters at the UCFPD..classy buddy real classy. Hope none of your co-workers come to this site..let the backpedaling begin.....

06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Well i never back down from anyone and well if the truth hurts . Besides the big difference in working in this county and Volusia or seminole is the two big brothers OPD and Orange County think they are better than anyone else and do not play well with others.

06-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Besides the big difference in working in this county and Volusia or seminole is the two big brothers OPD and Orange County think they are better than anyone else and do not play well with others.

Keep baffeling yourself with bullshi* brother, most of us at Orange County or OPD don't throw our brothers under the bus either. I wonder if we look in the recruiting file we will see that you applied but didn't get selected..hmmmm gimmie a few hours and stay tuned.

06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Go ahead when I left Orange City I applied to VCSO and here. I got picked up here first.

06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I was at the Citrus Bowl when MArio was shot and I scene first hand at some integrity issues with curtain OPD officers that where there.

06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Go ahead when I left Orange City I applied to VCSO and here. I got picked up here first.

Yeah, by your earlier quotes you have a LOT of pride in your agency... :roll:

06-22-2009, 11:46 PM
I wish we would focus more on being better people and LEOs all the way around. The bad guys are out there waiting to take us out and we sit here and help them by attacking each other, creating this great divide between our agencies and fellow brothers. Complaining about pay, equipment, and agency issues is one thing; attacking each other is a whole new issue. The newly hired officers are now UCF PD Officers, our brothers. The current OPD officers and OCSO deputies, our brothers. If you are angry, fine, take a deep breath and think before you start ranting on the public forum. If you are angry, rally the troops don't poison the ranks. If you are angry, take it to the administration and fight for resolution. LEO is LEO, doesn't matter the agency, if you feel yourself slipping then go put in for some more training or encourage squad training every shift. If you are unhappy with your career choices then get out there and change your direction. Ultimately, remember why we are all here... Sg 20, snot nosed college kid, rapist, victim, etc... We are here to put the bad guys behind bars, keep our kids safe, and help the victims get justice.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

06-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I was at the Citrus Bowl when MArio was shot and I scene first hand at some integrity issues with curtain OPD officers that where there.

I guess being within eyeshot of a cop who got capped makes you tough somehow??? Or maybe its your dog who does all the fighting for you.
Keep hiding behind your dog because you probably wear your badge real heavy. Either that or youre a pushover when you actually come across a real street thug.
Maybe you should walk up to the next cop you see and punch him in the lips. Maybe he punches you square in the throat and holds you down on your stomach. You wont do nothing but either cry or moan.

07-03-2009, 03:16 AM
lol i know you do not know that officer. i have worked with him before, and believe me, he doesn't hide behind anybody.

07-07-2009, 03:04 AM
lol i know you do not know that officer. i have worked with him before, and believe me, he doesn't hide behind anybody.

Yeah, read some of his earlier posts on this topic where he throws his co-workers under the bus. Yep, I'd agree...he doesn't hide behind anybody.