PDA

View Full Version : Bike Unit

05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Every department has its issues with morale, etc. EVERY department does.

But i will say i am impressed with the FMPD bike unit.

I had the privelage of attending a training class with the 6 of them.

Everyone was impressed with how close knit, and tight they were as a unit. They all seemed to get along and it was if they worked together and have known each other for 10 years. They were probably the best riders in the class and were in no way arrogant; in fact they went out of their way to help some of the people having problems with riding up and down stairs, etc. Some of the agencies had multiple people from their agency in attendance, and they were lucky if they even said good morning to each other, meanwhile you had the big guy who was WAY to cheery and happy to say goodmorning to everyone!

They were also very entertaining, and amde the class fun. By hearing some of their stories, you can tell they have each others back; and myself as well as the rest of the class would be lucky if we could be in a unit where all the officers were that close and workign as a group.

Hat off to you FMPD

05-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Everyone was impressed with how close knit, and tight they were as a unit. They all seemed to get along and it was if they worked together and have known each other for 10 years. They were probably the best riders in the class and were in no way arrogant; in fact they went out of their way to help some of the people having problems with riding up and down stairs, etc. Some of the agencies had multiple people from their agency in attendance, and they were lucky if they even said good morning to each other, meanwhile you had the big guy who was WAY to cheery and happy to say goodmorning to everyone!

They were also very entertaining, and amde the class fun. By hearing some of their stories, you can tell they have each others back; and myself as well as the rest of the class would be lucky if we could be in a unit where all the officers were that close and workign as a group.

Hat off to you FMPD

It's nice to hear something positive on this site. I'll tell you what, it all starts with that big country ogre YB. He is the most dedicated, positive, passionate, true to himself and the people he works with person I have seen at this job. They don't come any better and DON'T let the dumb, goofy redneck persona that you see fool you. He knows what he's doing and has more street smarts than anyone!

05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes something positive for a change instead of 40 moles comments,we have more positive than negative in our agency but some people only look for the negative,they will pay one day!

05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
moderator! moderator! guests comments seem to be threatening and violate the terms of use oh my goooood! please please take action on this , pleaaase!!! :snicker:

06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Is the bike unit a way to punish officers or you have to actually put in for it?

07-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't want to sound gay or anything, but Youngblood is HOT!

01-18-2010, 05:14 AM
rumor has it there may be an opening coming up soon on nights......

01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
whos leaving? Thats a pretty sweet spot, probably be alot of competition for it

01-21-2010, 05:24 PM
i thought bk1 was going to sig

02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
??????

02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
bike unit needs help. no1 can stand bk5, including bk6 who took a hit in a downtown fight a while back cause bk5 was no where around him maybe following zack around or trying to be a gutridge driving around dunbar. bk5 is only in it for the car and the sweet schedule i salute his partner for putting up with his crap. y not let someone in that WANTS to be a bike cop.

maybe bk1 was the man before he came here, but you still have to prove yourself and when has bk1 done anything other than a transient arrest or sit at golfview.

03-04-2010, 05:56 PM
i just dont get how 5 and 6 are never together. the other guys are always everywhere at the same time. poor 6 got the shaft and got stuck with the odd man. 5 needs to man up and admit he doesnt want to be a bike cop and go back to following ross around. BUT that means he has to give up his car so hell never do it.

03-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Let me tell you something, you guys are a bunch of fuc*** idiots. If you don't know the guy, then don't talk shi*. That guy would give you the shirt off his back to help out his "real" friends, which are few and far between at this department. All you guys want him to leave so you can soak up this spot, its more than evident. He and BK6 get along better than most people think, its your perceptions because you don't know anything about the unit. Quit your whining and moaning and actually get to know the guy. And if you don't want to, then keep your mouth shut. As far as everyone still talking about him and Ross on shift, that was 3 years ago nearly. Obviously its someone who's been around the block and was around then. Talk to either of those guys face to face, they'll tell you exactly what they think. Quit hiding behind screen names and approach them personally. I can atleast respect that... :evil:

03-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Listen Cape Cop, Ryan is a good guy,everyone gets along with him just fine,he's very well liked, and bk6 is not complaining.end of story

03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Aint no one juding if hes a good cop or not he just shouldnt be in a CPC oritned unit when all he wanna do is arrest people and try to prove he a gutridge jr. He got arrogance in his walk and nothin to back it up. And it aint only cape cops who think he did worng, i hear people all over fmpd talking about how disgraced it is what he did, an aint no one gonna forget that hes a wolfgang JR. eyes r on u ryan

03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
by lookin at the time of the pro ryan post it was done when ryan or ross go home from work

03-09-2010, 08:35 PM
The times for the posts aren't even correct, they are off by several hours thats common sense and everyone knows that. If you had any you would know that.

06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Congrats to the bike unit's newest member, Melissa Clay! Sorry Dallas, maybe next time bro... :cop:

06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
get rid of homewrecker starboy and let someone in who really wants the position. no one else can stand him, and alls he wants to do is follow ross around.

06-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Dallas on a bike? are you serious?!?!!?!

06-09-2010, 03:01 AM
he was probably on the bottom of the list along with mcgreevy and salecki. Enjoy it while it lasts clay, im sure the whole unit will be back on the road after the budget cuts

08-18-2010, 03:52 AM
how about bk1 doing anything but bike. flexes out during assinged shift to work details, and spends countless hours at the gym "fixing it up" if i asked my road supervisors if i could flex out time to work details or spend work hours working on the gym you can BET theyd laugh at me and it would be a big 54.

08-18-2010, 04:39 AM
there on 12 hours shifts, that means they have 4 hours to flex out or come in early/late per pay period just like everyone else

08-18-2010, 05:29 AM
not during the day, and dont give me fixing up the gym is a job not fun, i would gladly change out of my uniform and paint the gym during my shift, but no one ever offers.

08-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Keith and Plankton have both done an outstanding job remodeling the gym. Why don't you haters stop by (cause I know you ain't workin out) and check out the progress sometime instead of complaining...

12-15-2010, 03:47 AM
[list:gclkhe7y][/list:u:gclkhe7y]

12-17-2010, 01:24 AM
the bike unit.....nice shirts. I think newbury should do bike narcotic interdiction.....

12-17-2010, 06:45 PM
why don't you ask BK5 & BK6 in person or you afraid to get a beating?

12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
the bike unit.....nice shirts. I think newbury should do bike narcotic interdiction.....

Leave my boy SCREWBURY ALONE

12-18-2010, 06:35 PM
hell yeah, confront them and chances are your getting a whole can of spray from bk5 and a back alley beat down from roid rage bk6

02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
OPENING COMING SOON, who will it be?

02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
with the units newly appointed LT it is guaranteed that any swat member who puts in will get the spot

02-24-2011, 05:46 AM
there under mulligan

02-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Nope not anymore, Lt jrod has housing and Lt. Bernice has the bike unit. I think that it was a great move by the dept. Lessen Mulligans load. Anyone know if Lt Jelks will be getting a unit of his own? Maybe COPE?

02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Nope not anymore, Lt jrod has housing and Lt. Bernice has the bike unit. I think that it was a great move by the dept. Lessen Mulligans load. Anyone know if Lt Jelks will be getting a unit of his own? Maybe COPE?

Lt. Mulligan was replaced by the other Lt's as damage control in the wake of the recent IA's that Lt. Lance Bass and Sgt. Clampett have screwed up. They are trying to distance him from any liability that he had in those cases. Just remember the contract gets negotiated again this year....how much can you afford to lose this go around?

02-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Cheating partner? Interesting. Leave the guy alone, when it's over it's over. When is it a crime to separate and not fall in love someone anymore? Plus, he's way better off. Get off it hmmmm really.

03-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Cheating partner? Interesting. Leave the guy alone, when it's over it's over. When is it a crime to separate and not fall in love someone anymore? Plus, he's way better off. Get off it hmmmm really.

I'm with this...move on and be happy for yourself. I/We can tell the difference in bk2 when he's happy vs. when he is sad and feeling stuck. Just get a divorce man, and do it to make yourself happier.

03-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Did they replace youngblood, bk3 yet?

03-08-2011, 03:18 AM

Hat off to you FMPD

03-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Morale is being fixed now thanks to the PBA!

Hat off to you FMPD

03-08-2011, 03:27 AM
I am now impressed with the PBA for standing up for us! The admin does not care are about us,

Hat off to you FMPD

03-11-2011, 03:49 AM
will be by najar hes the only swat guy thats not a sgt and not in a specialty unit

03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
dont bother with your letters a new pre req for bike unit is SWAT or SWAT hopeful southwick and najar have the shoe in

03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Your all mistaken, if Witt put in like everyone says he did (99% confirmed), he's got it on lock....najar and southwick need to spend some actual time on the road and learn how to become good street cops first. Both have a 18 months on the road, thats absurd.

04-12-2011, 03:47 AM
witts down there everynight hes off isnt that conflict of interest

04-24-2011, 05:09 AM
At least the Bike units do more than the Jam and no hope for Cope unit! what a waste.

04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
they definetly do there share of the work its a shame that a ton of people put in for it but only one spot maybe they should kick starboy bike5 back to the road so someone who really wants the position can have it how many times has he said once almonte gets a take home hes going back to the road cause that means he gets one

05-01-2011, 01:27 AM
starboy is holding out for a unit with two openings so him and ross can go back to following each other around 24/7

05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
who got the open spot?

06-08-2011, 02:08 AM
wow...so much deleted from here....

06-21-2011, 05:41 PM
FM can u send some units for transport, BK6 roid raged again well figure out by the time the cars get here why were taking them to jail thanks

06-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Whats up with Kerr and that new chick. I hear she thinks her sh--t don't st--k. I hear she talking sh--t about TW. Good luck, first you have to be here awhile before you can talk sh--t. You just got here and are sarting problems. Worry about the road and getting some training nubee. Really TW is just doing her thing. Don't hate, Kerr and TW are just friends something you won't have if you keep up the bullsh--t. WELCOME to Ft myers pd. :devil: :evil:

07-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Kerr is not the problem. He's a good cop. As for TW you must be new, she's been a round for a while! she is very smart and working on her Masters! All of the officers want to get with her. Now lets not hate on TW, she can't help thats shes looks good :D real good! And I believe she was before both of them. :devil:

07-02-2011, 12:15 AM
YEAH. try having to train new people and have that hour taken from you. But that is OK to clean the gym and get paid. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Kerr is not the problem. He's a good cop. As for TW you must be new, she's been a round for a while! she is very smart and working on her Masters! All of the officers want to get with her. Now lets not hate on TW, she can't help thats shes looks good :D real good! And I believe she was before both of them. :devil:

1_ He is a good cop.
2_ I dont know about smart, unless you are talking about how smart she is to prance around the station in her TIGHT AND SNUG clothing.
Working on her masters? Has to be at Southwest Florida College or MY BEST GUESS!!!!!!!! HODGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3_ Not every officer wants her!!!!!!!11 Nothing nice or sexy about that narrow flat azz_

07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
seriously? IS THE PBA AWARE???????? FTOs loose their one hour overtime and he gets one hour overtime to clean the gym when hes there for hours during his shift?????????

07-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Well Buckwheat,

She may not be sure cup of tea, But she is a cup for several others! AND yes she has a BA from FGCU and I believe that's where she's getting her Masters.

Envy green is such an ugly color :devil:

07-04-2011, 03:57 PM
:devil: wrong, she did'nt just start here. And yes there are a few officers and civilians that should learn fron jumping in to the sack with
just anyone in a uniform. Its not the uniform that makes the man, its the man that makes the uniform.

Or maybe your just jealous. Either way who cares what you think! :devil:

07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
what happened in the crash???

07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
how come the bravo shift bike cops are actually on the radio and call things out, and the delta ones are never seen or heard and when there called on the radio never answer. and why do we have two bike cops on day shift when there never together and ones always at the gym or on the police boat or working the library and the other ones always driving around

07-05-2011, 02:58 AM
He rear ended a girl while racing from Golfview, She stopped and he did not.

08-11-2011, 08:29 PM
any roid rage cover ups for bk6 lately?

08-29-2011, 04:11 PM
another parking garage beat down by bk6 this weekend?

08-31-2011, 04:20 AM
new girl will be on nights soon T can go back to following K around on days without worry

09-13-2011, 02:57 PM
From what I've seen she won't have any problem being occupied on night. She's always around KW who's moving in for the kill.I don't know whether to post this here or in the watch your wives post lol.

09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
im sure their stats are WAY higher than yours and you say they do nothing well what exactly would you expect them to do being assigned to downtown on bikes? I think all 6 of them do alot, have you even read the chiefs report lately i think they have gotten over 70 arrests in the last two months citywide through underage beer sales.

09-13-2011, 04:24 PM
i dont no fitzie well cause he hardly talks but you want to talk about bragging how about bk4? His head is SOOOOO big he must walk sideways through the door to get into the building.

09-13-2011, 09:28 PM
i dont no fitzie well cause he hardly talks but you want to talk about bragging how about bk4? His head is SOOOOO big he must walk sideways through the door to get into the building.

Wow, that actually made me laugh! It's so true.

09-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Wow, that actually made me laugh! It's so true.

Bk4 never stops bragging, it's ridiculous. Get over it buddy!

09-17-2011, 12:59 AM
BK4, we all know you had a call out monday. you still even today keep saying "yeah I was on a swat call out monday."

09-17-2011, 01:50 AM
the overtime detail downtown has nothing to do with the bike cops. theres 2 bike cops. 2 vs that size of a crowd is impossible to handle. the video that was shown was on delta side and it was because no units were sent downtown to support al and matt, and again theres NO way al and matt could handle that without assistance. this comes up ever couple years, trust me i know, just lately we havent had the man power to send down 6 officers at 130 and keep them there with the streets blocked off until 210.

i commend all of our bike officers who work down there. when clay got assigned to bikes 11 people put in, when matt did i believe 12 did. the only reason only 3 put in 3 years ago when sean, ryan, and phil got in was because when the letter went out there was also a letter for 8 CPC positions, 3 housing positions, a boat load of detectives, and traffic. I think everyone that was here more than one year at that point put in for something.

09-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree. Our Bike Unit did a fabulous job handling that mob downtown on 9/10/11. They were out numbered, it was dark, people were drinking and driving. Bad combination. As I watched you can see them arrive on sceen, they assessed the situation and moved through the crowd to secure their bikes. They sayed together and began to move the crowd little by little. They stayed together and eventually they dispursed the crowd.

They need help, our officers need help! Admin. Instead of breaking each other down, talking about everything but what really counts, YOUR SAFETY! Guys you all need to respect each other and what you stand for. Uniform or not this department us all of us family.

Grow up! everyday you guys put your lives on the line. Instead of writing insults and rumors, God forbid you may be writing a condolience card instead.

Al and Matt! Hats off to you both and all of the officers that are dealing with the nonsense in the streets on Fort Myers. Someone needs to send that to the press and council.

God Bless

09-19-2011, 04:18 AM
last weekend there was a shooting in a club outside of tampa. many killed and injured, this weekend it was miami. trend here? i dont think we should have any bike cops down there, if club owners want to cater a crowd that acts like that let them deal with it and well come clean up afterwards. better yet lets do nusiance abatement on them we all know theres tons of drugs being consumed, sold, and purchased in all those clubs.

10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
another BK6 roid rage beat down this time right in front of 1019? excessive force?

01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
is it true a certain night guy is going to days because hes too violent?

01-27-2012, 03:38 AM
wow that means the combined body fat of the day shift bike unit is .5%

01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
probably got tired of having to deal with bike5 on a daily basis

03-07-2012, 01:08 AM
do we permit secondary employment with LCSO and the Red Sox?

03-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Are you seriously dumb enough to ask that question to this crowd? Use that brain your supposed to have... :snicker:

03-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Are you seriously dumb enough to ask that question to this crowd? Use that brain your supposed to have... :snicker:

Are you seriously dumb enough not to know what the last poster was implying?

03-07-2012, 11:49 PM
More morons

05-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm going to put my foot in bk4's mouth. Who braggs that much?

05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
You are all a bunch of losers. We all know that the TRT unit is the best! Now go ride your bike's and be yellow.

05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
minus bk4 & 5 those are some sexy guys on bikes, they should be on a calendar!

05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
bk 4 and bk 5 are sexy too now leave the bike unit alone

05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
honestly they are probably the only speacilty unit that work a SOLID 80 hours every pay period

05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I agree with you. they come in early and they stay late to help out if needed and they never complain

05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
who hit his mom with a shovel and was swinging a large glass bottle at his father when he walked in. anyone else probably would have tased the little kid i give him props for disarming and detaining him with no injuries or uses of force.

05-16-2012, 03:46 AM
who hit his mom with a shovel and was swinging a large glass bottle at his father when he walked in. anyone else probably would have tased the little kid i give him props for disarming and detaining him with no injuries or uses of force.
Wonder if had a similar episode when he was a child? :snicker:

06-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Friday night and 2 and 3 are busy at the gym. Where's WW when you need him!

06-09-2012, 04:11 AM
there permitted to take a break just like anyone else

06-09-2012, 05:04 AM
They are always on break. Just like the slugs in PSB

06-09-2012, 06:55 AM
That takes up a lot of time.

06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
there world is coming to and end. when the 3-3 shift starts there going to have to be at a 245pm briefing and wont be able to "FLEX" and work details and do what they want. There will be ACCOUNTABILITY. Come on bike guys your sole responsibility is downtown and the crowds and being visible, cant you go to the gym at 3pm when you get in? Why at 9pm when its busy down there.

ACCOUNTABILITY is coming, bikes first, then housing!

06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
there world is coming to and end. when the 3-3 shift starts there going to have to be at a 245pm briefing and wont be able to "FLEX" and work details and do what they want. There will be ACCOUNTABILITY. Come on bike guys your sole responsibility is downtown and the crowds and being visible, cant you go to the gym at 3pm when you get in? Why at 9pm when its busy down there.

ACCOUNTABILITY??? What a joke! ACCOUNTABILITY doesn't apply to the chief and the koolaid gang. The chief can stick the word ACCOUNTABILITY up his A$$!!!! :evil:

06-09-2012, 11:21 PM
and gets paid overtime one hour a day to take care of the gym, yet does it on duty time????? how is that right??????

06-10-2012, 02:34 PM
MOD, stop deleting part of my posts! There is nothing even close to a violation in it!

06-10-2012, 02:41 PM

ACCOUNTABILITY???? What a joke!!!! ACCOUNTABILITY doesn't apply to the chief and the koolaid gang. The chief can stick the word ACCOUNTABILITY up his you know where!!!

06-14-2012, 05:13 AM
I think we should wear yellow and work out all night! LOL LOL Baker ways"

06-18-2012, 04:46 PM
maybe with 2 going to sig and some new blood with bk4 they'll actually do something and be downtown and not at the gym for closing time

07-02-2012, 03:03 PM
hats off to the boys in yellow, hard work paid off and NEO lounge is now gone. im a firm believer the hip hop clubs are a breeding ground for drugs guns and violence. put them out of business and it will make all of our lives easier

07-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Another reason why the city and business owners will consolidate us into the Sheriff's office. Good job, take away more tax payers so the city is broke. All so Baker can have something positive to report back to the media.

07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
day shift bike guys you should wear shirts when running the bridge or your going to cause a 144 with all the women slamming the brakes and swerving to check you out, and its just plain gay

07-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Dont hate just cause u eat fast food for 2 meals a day an look like crap! Our bike guys are dead sexy!

07-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Don't be jealous they work out and are in good shape. To many male cops need a sports bra to run.

10-20-2012, 04:47 PM
good job stat 28/9 to a new business trying to make our city into something. real proud!

10-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Don't be jealous they work out and are in good shape. To many male cops need a sports bra to run.

,,,,..... stay off of here.... This is for LEO..... But you iz a sexy thang!!!!!!

10-22-2012, 01:00 AM
By the way. Since our PBA IS NOT DOING ANYTHING i signed up Fop last week. I kept the pba until Dec so i am covered for legal. So you know we still vote on the contract if your fop.