PDA

View Full Version : Ferrante's request for hearing denied

05-26-2009, 04:28 PM
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Civil Service Board decided against giving former Captain Dominick Ferrante a hearing.

Ferrante claims he was forced to resign from the sheriff's office. He submitted his resignation letter on March 4th, and cited unforeseen and irreconcilable differences.

"Due to unforeseen and irreconcilable differences with the Office of the Sheriff, I am resigning my position as Deputy Sheriff, Commanding Officer of the Special Investigations Division effective 5:00 pm on March 4, 2009."

Civil Service board members say since Ferrante sent in a letter of resignation, the board doesn't have the power to give Ferrante a full hearing.

"My situation was not one of resignation it was one of wrongful termination. I was told to resign by noon or be fired. That's not a resignation. And because that's what it says on a piece of paper and that's what they're willing to make the decision on, how is that fair? You have more rights in traffic court," said Ferrante.

Ferrante's brother, Charles Ferrante, also left sheriff's office in March.

Charles Ferrante was accused of abusing his power while at the sheriff's office.

05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
"My situation was not one of resignation it was one of wrongful termination. I was told to resign by noon or be fired. That's not a resignation. And because that's what it says on a piece of paper and that's what they're willing to make the decision on, how is that fair? You have more rights in traffic court," said Ferrante.

Wahhhhh. You want fair? It comes to Lee County once a year. Life ain't fair. Ask your brother how many "resignations" he got the same freakin' way. What goes around comes around. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

05-27-2009, 06:39 AM

Wahhhhh. You want fair? It comes to Lee County once a year. Life ain't fair. Ask your brother how many "resignations" he got the same freakin' way. What goes around comes around. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

It may come around to you! Your sarcastic because deep down youre insecure filling the void with dry humor! Its too bad
hes gone now, Im sure you would have no problem saying it to his face! :roll:

05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
8)
I agree with you, this post is from a coward who probably became a cop because he had his lunch money taken in school and now feels he has a set because of a gun and a badge. It’s funny how all of the sudden we have all these anonymous tuff guys now that the Farrante’s are gone but none of them ever had the gonads to say it to their face. I feel sorry for insecure people like this.

It may come around to you! Your sarcastic because deep down youre insecure filling the void with dry humor! Its too bad
hes gone now, Im sure you would have no problem saying it to his face! :roll:

05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Both of you are way off base. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. And I ain't skeerd! I definitely would say what I felt, to anyone's face, no worries. Never had my lunch money stolen, and don't much care what other people have to say about me. Nothing's going to come back to me, I did my 20 and kept squeeky clean. You are both entitled to your opinions, tho - as I am mine. I don't feel the need to sling insults or sink to namecalling to make a point. Your mileage may vary.

05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Your sarcastic because deep down youre insecure filling the void with dry humor! :roll:

Oh, and by the way - I'm sarcastic because that's just my nature. No "because..." to it. Sarcastic, cynical, jaded... I own all of those hats and wear them with no fear of what people may think about it. <shrug>

05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Punk / Coward / Yellow that is what comes to mind the way you hide behind a keyboard, you know it to be true otherwise you wouldn't be defending yourself in this post. I bet you still wouldn't say it to their face. Then again with the name Nina you must be a girl and then your forgiven.

Your sarcastic because deep down youre insecure filling the void with dry humor! :roll:

Oh, and by the way - I'm sarcastic because that's just my nature. No "because..." to it. Sarcastic, cynical, jaded... I own all of those hats and wear them with no fear of what people may think about it. <shrug>

05-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Punk / Coward / Yellow that is what comes to mind the way you hide behind a keyboard, you know it to be true otherwise you wouldn't be defending yourself in this post. I bet you still wouldn't say it to their face. Then again with the name Nina you must be a girl and then your forgiven.

Yup, all girl. But what does that have to do with anything? As I said before, we're all entitled to our opinions, and you are free to think of me what you will. Doesn't hurt my girly feelings or make my opinion any less valid than your own. As for hiding behind a keyboard, at least I've given myself a name, Guest. Nice chatting with you. This is fun!

05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Your button down shirt.

05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Your button down shirt.

Sweet! :devil: :devil: :devil: