PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Freezes Accurate?

05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Is the word of hiring freezes accurate?

What's the current word on any openings etc?

Thanks

05-23-2009, 12:05 AM
No hiring and consider yourself fortunate.

05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
No hiring and consider yourself fortunate.

how do you know?

05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Man, from this website there are lots of people who hate the department. What's going on over there that an outsider might not know?

Why would I consider myself lucky?

I'm non-certified and trying to get hired, I heard they were only hiring for 2 positions and that they were being given to prior certified officers.

I did also here that there are 6-8 positions that they might open up soon, is there any information regarding those whether they be valid or rumors.

Thanks,

05-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Dude, take a hint....Delray P.D. is the Titanic of agencies.... :(

05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks.

I've read everything on this forum and there seems to be nothing direct of what is going on.

I've read morale is down, pay is low, etc. but what is it specifically that has everyone with low morale?

Also, nobody has yet to answer my question...has anyone heard of the upcoming positions that are opening up soon?

Thanks,

05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I forgot to mention that it is only on this website that I've heard negative responses. I've talked to officers in person and they say they like it, they confirm the low pay compared to other agencies in the county, but that everyone has their ups and downs.

I'm still sticking through it, I like the patrol area and I liked the feel of what I experienced during the oral board, I can't say I've dealt with more professional people in all the agencies I applied with.

I asked a question, it was answered and I was treated fairly and with respect. I can't say the same with other agencies.

I'm just curious now on what is going on to cause the low morale.

Thanks,

06-01-2009, 02:48 AM
The reason you have only heard the negative things on here, is because the 2 or 3 morons that post the negative crap can hide without identifying themselves.

As far as hiring goes, it is going to be tough getting a job with any agency right now. Almost every dept. and so are cutting back, because of the economy and budget.

06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
They need to realize how lucky they are. Itīs understandable to be upset/bothered that you're making less than your counterparts in other parts of the county however, they need to realize they're lucky enough to have a job that is steady and usually stable. I wouldn't say lucky, I'd say blessed.

Myself, I am now working a sh*tty job because the economy has turned to crap. I've also found during the application process with other jobs that employers are now treating a bachelors degree as if its nothing. I'm blessed to have what I have now even if it is making less than half what I was making before, I'm lucky to have something.