PDA

View Full Version : Layoffs??

05-17-2009, 03:20 AM
I read in the paper a while back your Chief said he may have to layoff officers to meet a budget shortfall. WTF!? You guys are understaffed as it is with a city that has a population of over 160,000. Why is it they always want to cut public safety? I hope this dosent happen. Maybe some calls should be made to the City Manager and tell him to cut somewhere else and leave public safety alone!!!

05-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Maybe if you guys stopped guarding the Dunkin Donuts and actually got out and did your jobs you wouldn't be facing the axe.

05-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow! How original, a dunkin donuts joke. Must have took you all day to think of that one! But in reality this is no joke. The city I used to live in is very comparable to PSL in size and population. Back in 2003 the city layed off 75 officers and crime went through the roof and from what I hear the place is still out of control with violent crime. And they had over 400 officers AFTER the layoffs. PSL has somewhere in the vicinity of 240 officers? Based on national standards PSLPD is already understaffed. I'm just saying that if PSLPD does loose staff dont be surprised if the city has a spike in violent crime.

06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Our lovely city leaders would rather layoff cops than close a park. what a shame. Vote them all out of office in the next election.

07-25-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm a little confused, if the city is talking about major cut backs and possible police layoffs why are they still accepting applications for the position of police officer? I know the city website says apps for an eligibility list only, but what does that mean? Are they saving up all the apps until things get better or are they still putting applicants through the hiring process and forming a list from those that pass everything? Seems odd to me.