PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me

05-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Hello, Can someone tell me who the officer is who's into violating the rights of citizens? My son came home today and told me he had been in a traffic stop by an white male officer in a crime team shirt. Now im sure it was possible during 5pm to see that the tag light was dim in the summers sun, but how far will you go? As a lawer of 17 years I have to say the next part really gets me infuriated. An unlawful search and seizure was conducted. He didnt ask for registration or even insurance info. Just asked my son to step out of the car and begun a search for what he said was for a drug search. Of course after all this a traffic citation was not issued. Im sure if I wanted the dispatcher tapes they wouldnt be there either, since he never touched his radio. We in America are protected by the 4th Ammendment.

In case anyone else in the Pembroke Pines Police has forgotton the 4th, Ive included it here for you.

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. It was ratified as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. The amendment specifically requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

In Mapp v. Ohio, 367 U.S. 643 (1961), the Supreme Court ruled the Fourth Amendment to be applicable to the states by way of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Supreme Court ruled that certain searches and seizures violated the Fourth Amendment even when a warrant was properly granted.

Not all actions by which governmental authorities obtain information from or about a person constitute a search. Therefore, government action triggers the amendment's protections only when the information or evidence at issue was obtained through a "search" within the meaning of the amendment. If no search occurs, no warrant is required. In general, authorities have searched when they have impeded upon a person's reasonable expectation of privacy.

Reasonable expectation of privacy
In Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 (1967), Justice Harlan issued a concurring opinion articulating the two-part test later adopted by the Court as the definition of a search for Fourth Amendment purposes. Under the test, search occurs when (1) governmental action must contravene an individual's actual, subjective expectation of privacy, (2) and expectation of privacy must be reasonable, in the sense that society in general would recognize it as such.

And of course in case you didnt know, then heres the tag light statute.

(1) Every reflector upon any vehicle referred to in s. 316.2225 shall be of such size and characteristics and so maintained as to be readily visible at nighttime from all distances within 600 feet to 100 feet from the vehicle when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps, except that the visibility for reflectors on vehicles manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1972, shall be measured in front of lawful upper beams of headlamps. Reflectors required to be mounted on the sides of the vehicle shall reflect the required color of light to the sides and those mounted on the rear shall reflect a red color to the rear.

05-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Hello, Can someone tell me who the officer is who's into violating the rights of citizens? My son came home today and told me he had been in a traffic stop by an white male officer in a crime team shirt. Now im sure it was possible during 5pm to see that the tag light was dim in the summers sun, but how far will you go? As a lawer of 17 years I have to say the next part really gets me infuriated. An unlawful search and seizure was conducted. He didnt ask for registration or even insurance info. Just asked my son to step out of the car and begun a search for what he said was for a drug search. Of course after all this a traffic citation was not issued. Im sure if I wanted the dispatcher tapes they wouldnt be there either, since he never touched his radio. We in America are protected by the 4th Ammendment.

In case anyone else in the Pembroke Pines Police has forgotton the 4th, Ive included it here for you.

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. It was ratified as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. The amendment specifically requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

In Mapp v. Ohio, 367 U.S. 643 (1961), the Supreme Court ruled the Fourth Amendment to be applicable to the states by way of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Supreme Court ruled that certain searches and seizures violated the Fourth Amendment even when a warrant was properly granted.

Not all actions by which governmental authorities obtain information from or about a person constitute a search. Therefore, government action triggers the amendment's protections only when the information or evidence at issue was obtained through a "search" within the meaning of the amendment. If no search occurs, no warrant is required. In general, authorities have searched when they have impeded upon a person's reasonable expectation of privacy.

In Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 (1967), Justice Harlan issued a concurring opinion articulating the two-part test later adopted by the Court as the definition of a search for Fourth Amendment purposes. Under the test, search occurs when (1) governmental action must contravene an individual's actual, subjective expectation of privacy, (2) and expectation of privacy must be reasonable, in the sense that society in general would recognize it as such.

(1) Every reflector upon any vehicle referred to in s. 316.2225 shall be of such size and characteristics and so maintained as to be readily visible at nighttime from all distances within 600 feet to 100 feet from the vehicle when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps, except that the visibility for reflectors on vehicles manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1972, shall be measured in front of lawful upper beams of headlamps. Reflectors required to be mounted on the sides of the vehicle shall reflect the required color of light to the sides and those mounted on the rear shall reflect a red color to the rear.

Are you for real?

05-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Are you for real?

They don't care about rights, they are all just a bunch of bullies who think they can do whatever they want to do. Read some of the other posts on here!!!!!

05-17-2009, 03:33 AM
... And while you went on your rant, your son was probably in his room smoking his crackpipe.

05-17-2009, 12:47 PM
... And while you went on your rant, your son was probably in his room smoking his crackpipe.

Ofcourse because that is the kind of respect you have for people.... Everyone is a crackhead, scumbag, or not worthy of your highness? Your way of thinking is the reason there are so many suits going on now!

05-18-2009, 01:02 AM
hey, remember the public is allowed to visit this forum too, this isn't a private forum, so that person who said your son was probably doing what was previously stated may not even be a police officer. If you really had a problem and feel that something was done wrong you could always make an appointment with somebody in the police department to speak to them about it. They will take your appointment and try and resolve the issue to your best interests and wishes.

Last time I looked the number of IA investigations are listed on the bulletin board outside of the station. It will even state the outcome of the case. It isn't a lot.

05-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Thats what happens when your under a captains wing. You know, the captain who now passed the BAR. Talking to admin will be useless, contact the FBI. They handle Law Enforcement who violate your admendments.

05-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Thats what happens when your under a captains wing. You know, the captain who now passed the BAR. Talking to admin will be useless, contact the FBI. They handle Law Enforcement who violate your admendments.

Contacting the FBI will be useless since we've had so many of our administration go through that joke of a civilian academy that just about everyone passes. That's a big cost to taxpayers, but yet we deny the measly patrol officers schools that we need. Their salary and kickbacks for that time compared to the cost of a basic class for a patrol officer just don't even come close. As a patrol Officer, I'd like to know if I could enroll in this FBI academy and get approved.
When I'm done with that "cake" of a class, I'll tell you what you can do with that yellow brick!!! In fact, I'll put it there myself. I'm only asking for you to approve my memo.

02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
This guy pulled my daughter over for a tag light which I checked and works fine. Asked her to step out the car searched it then told her to have a nice day? Is this legal, the guys name was like Kush or something like that. Funny I heard about leo affairs in the paper and came here and found him. Apparently nobody at pines cares?

02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
His name is Kushi and he received the "Officer of The Year" award last year.
Yes, he does violate people's rights.
Yes, he conducts illegal searches.
Yes he cites bogus probable cause for the traffic stops.
No, he does not always advise that he is initiating a traffic stop.
Yes, he likes to work alone, with no back-up (witnesses).
Yes, he makes a gargantuan amount of arrests.
Yes, most of them are for misdeameanor amounts of weed, usually seeds, which most police officers would not even bother with.
Yes, he milks the system for monstrous amounts of over time and/or comp time (at the tax payers' expense, of course).
No, the administration does not care nor do they realize the liability that he is to the department or the city.
Yes, he wastes an ungodly amount of resources.
Yes, he does have a following and other cops strive to be like him.
NO, not all are like him.

Who knows, maybe someone, somewhere will realize :shock: and do something about this, but I would not hold your breath.

02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Please file a com!plaint against Kushi. If enough of us do, maybe they will do something!

02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Please file a com!plaint against Kushi. If enough of us do, maybe they will do something!

It doesn't matter how many complaints you file, because if they're all unfounded, you've just wasted your time and tax dollars. Don't be upset with him because he's out there looking to take people to jail who are breaking the law. You're only complaint should be that police officers are given the legal authority to do what he does. There's two sides to every story. Did you ever ask him what he saw, heard, smelled? Maybe he had probable cause to enter that someone's vehicle and didn't need to ask. Maybe he found something in your kids car and decided to use discression (and your kid probably wouldn't mention that part) and just let them off with a ticket or warning.

02-16-2010, 03:16 AM
yea ok, we all know Kus doesnt follow protocall. But he doesnt need to. He makes his BS stats and is protected under capt Ds wing. We will see how that works out when he gets jammed up or investigated by the FBI. The capt will be nowhere in sight.

02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I know he lied in his report. I've met with and spoke with several officials. (I got the sense from one that he knew what I was talking about). Do you mean Capt. D in the internal investigations division or one under the chief?

02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
The one who has a love for Sgts wifes.

03-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Officer Scott Ku___

Is a menace to society. I am working on a class action suit against the city of pembroke pines police department because officer Kus....illegal searches and arrests and their protection of his illegal activities.. I have an ex-FBI agent and retires CIA agent helping me.

If you have a testimonial regarding this officer or superiors please send to KW 5712 NW 46 Dr. Coral Springs, Fl. 33067.
(The person is solely forwarding info)
I am establishing a pattern of abuse, so if you will remain anonymous. Although if you are willing to be part of the class action suit then you will have to reveal who you are at trial. Please leave some way to contact you ( email, phone,etc)

06-06-2011, 12:38 AM
HI, I am a student had issues with this officer more then once. He isnt after the bad guys, he is after whatever he can do to bring his quota up. Will the Attorney who posted the first post please contact me. I would really apprieciate a consult with you.. :( My life is ruined I feel like...

06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I need help! Lawsuit--- can you please help! I dont know how to contact you.. but please help!!

06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I need help! Lawsuit--- can you please help! I dont know how to contact you.. but please help!!

06-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Get your facts right Mr. "Lawyer". You have decided to insert the statute for an improper reflector and not the one for a tag light out. If this officer did in fact pull your child over for a tag light out in the afternoon then shame on him. What if that is simply what your child told you he was pulled over for. What if the officer stopped him for any of the other multitude of traffic offenses in the statute book (seatbelt, speeding failure to obey a traffic control device). Take your pick. Bottom line is that unless you were present in the car at the time of the stop, you don't know what happenend. Would you have felt better if the officer had written a citation for whatever he pulled the child over for? Then it would have cost a minimum of $115.00 of hard earned money and maybe have caused your child to have points on his licnese or jacked up the insurance rate that they/you pay. I know this might come as a shock to you, but there is a possibility that you perfect child does use cannabis. Or maybe they simply let one of their "friends" smoke weed in the car earlier in the day, and did not want to seem "un-cool" by telling them not to.

As for you being upset that your childs vehcile was searched, if the officer did smell cannabis, he does not need to obtain a warrant to search the vehicle. It falls under the warrant exception clause. Maybe you have been happier if the officer detained your child for 3-4 hours on the side of the road to obtain a warrant to search the car after he smelled burning cannabis or recently burnt cannabis comming from the car?

The bottom line is you should stick to civil law as you are obviously completely out of your depth in criminal law. I am not going to try to tell you how to raise your child, but maybe they are using narcotics and you just don't know about it. OR maybe, just maybe, you do know about it and are allowing it to happen because "they are kids and it's just a little weed". In the State of Florida, THERE IS NO LEGAL AMOUNT OF CANNABIS. It is people like you that make me never want to use my discretion ever again. It makes me want to arrrest every person who is in a car with a joint or a nickle bag of weed. That way, when you want to say that your child was unlawfully searched, i can hold up the smoked down joint in open court and tell you to shove it. instead of being upset that the officer let your child go with a warning for the citation and anything that he discovered in the car, you should be happy that he did not arrest your child or wrtite that citation. At the very least he saved you some money and maybe even saved your child from having an arrest record.

06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Commenting on a two year old thread is such a waste of time...