PDA

View Full Version : What about us...........

05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Where is our banner for the hallway and in front of City Hall. I bet no one at City Hall knows is National Police Week.

05-13-2009, 04:00 AM
That is a great point.... However they celebrated National Police Week by smacking our negotiators around in contract negotiators today.

It sounds like we will be writing a check to the city next year for the privledge of having jobs.

05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
SOUNDS LIKE CITY IS TREATING US LIKE OUR ADMINISTRATORS

Like Crap

05-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Amazing,,, it’s really is. It really is a slap in the face, amazing how easily we are forgotten.

05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Unreal, I agree.

05-14-2009, 05:05 AM
:cry: ah.............poor babies

05-14-2009, 05:07 AM
National Police Memorial Week: Never Forget
Memorial services for our fallen brothers and sisters can bring us together and make us stronger. May 13, 2009

In 1962, President John F. Kennedy designated May 15 as National Peace Officers Memorial Day, and the week of May 15 as National Police Week. And in 1991, President George H.W. Bush dedicated the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington, D.C.

Today, there are more than 17,500 names inscribed on the Memorial, with additional names being added this week, and each subsequent May 15. According to the latest numbers from the Officer Down Memorial Page, 134 officers died in the line of duty in 2008, and 46 more so far in 2009.

May 10–16, 2009 is National Police Week, with May 15 marking the 28th Annual National Peace Officers Memorial Day Service. Thousands of LEOs from throughout the United States will be in our nation's capitol to honor our profession's fallen heroes.

Thousands more LEOs will be attending similar ceremonies in every state and many communities across the U.S. A fitting timeout to honor our fallen brother and sister officers who died in the line of duty.

California has been honoring its fallen officers since 1977, and the California Peace Officers Memorial was dedicated in 1988, in the state capitol of Sacramento. The 2009 memorial ceremony was held May 8, with the latest names solemnly added to the list of fallen California peace officers.

Across the country, in Cleveland, Ohio, the Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Society is holding its 24th annual memorial commemoration, with a memorial parade and ceremony to take place May 15.

I'm familiar with this annual event, which attracts thousands of police participants from the U.S. and Canada. The day after, this year's Tatoo will feature pipes and drum corps from the NYPD Emerald Society, Ottawa Police, Chicago PD Emerald Society, Cleveland PD, Boston Police Gaelic Column, and the U.S. Marine Corps Quantico Band.

May 14, the Cleveland Police Department holds its annual ceremony honoring the more than 100 CPD officers whose badges adorn the agency's "Badge Case."

There are numerous other equally impressive police week memorial dedications and services throughout the U.S. All these police memorial ceremonies serve to remind the public that ours is a profession that protects and serves them—sometimes at a great price to ourselves.

Many, if not most, of us have lost fellow officers in the line of duty, and have attended more than our share of funerals. I know I have. Attending even one police funeral leaves an indelible mark on us—knowing that it could easily be us instead.

Law enforcement deaths could easily weaken our profession's resolve to protect and serve. However, the exact opposite is true. Instead of weakening us, our thin blue line strengthens into a solid steel band of brothers. We may bend, but we will never break.

All of those who serve in law enforcement are owed a debt of gratitude and respect by the public you serve so selflessly. I, for one, honor and admire your dedicated service, and always have. I'm one of you, and have seen you in action many times during my own career. And you have never failed to impress and awe me with your unwavering courage.

As Lt. Col. Dave Grossman says, you are society's sheepdogs, and you willingly and selflessly protect your flock—with your lives if necessary. You are our nation's domestic warriors and heroes. And I thank you for your continuing dedication and service.

Stay Safe!!

05-14-2009, 05:08 AM
:cry: ah.............poor babies

GEEEEEE, sounds like somone took your last cookie. How about you put the drink down and answer the radio.......................

05-14-2009, 06:16 PM
What an administration. They beat us down, lie to us, feed us bullship and never stand up for us and now they let City Hall do the same thing to us. Oh wait I already said they wont stand up for us.
What a place

05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Heard today from someone at the County the the Park and Largo are in negotiations to merge the 2 police departments, what do you think ? good idea ???

05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Your first says it all...........

05-15-2009, 03:37 AM
First of all that is just a rumor, probably one you yourself just started.

Second it would be best for this county as a whole if we were all ONE jurisdiction anyway, this cookie cutter crap is absolutely ridiculous. One computer database, one merged dispatch center, one system for everyone, with more resources would be great.

However

That will never happen due to politics and ego's, on ALL sides.

05-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Please name me one major metro police department that runs great?

05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Metro Dade and Jacksonville SO

05-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Apparently you don't follow the news...

05-19-2009, 07:27 AM
As a citizen of Pinellas Park, I believe it would be a lesser quality of service of your agency was to merge with another.

You do a great job, Keep up the good work :)

05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Thank you, just remember that when they raise taxes. Just make sure you wave when you see me at walmart with my food stamps.

05-20-2009, 02:55 AM
We agree, it would be lesser service. It would have to be. The only way they could do it was with fewer deputies.

We certainly appreciate the support.

05-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Good metros that work? Agencies that have merged or absorbed other agencies effectively?

London Metro

New York City

pinellas county sheriff

Los Angeles PD

San Diego County

Nassau County Police

05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Nice how you, "Threw" the PCSO in that list...hah! Have you read the papers or talked to the citizens of Dunedin? They are NOT happy. Oldsmar looked at what it would cost to merge with a local city for their own police and were AMAZED at how much it cost to start up their own dept. They are now trapped with PCSO forever and there is very little they can really do. They gave up their power to the Sheriff.

This county does need to merge...,"Merge" being the key word. Until you get a leader in the Sheriff Dept that can work 'with' the local cities instead of trying to be the big kid on the block, it will not be a good move.

What sounds better, "Hey lets put our resources together, save money, and not lay off anyone without cause and make this a safer community."

OR do you prefer the "Carnage in the Streets", I am the ruler of law enforcement, my way or the highway, how about some shiny shoes Mr Deputy, your not fired..oh wait yes you are, Sheriff Coats?

05-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Nice how you, "Threw" the PCSO in that list...hah! Have you read the papers or talked to the citizens of Dunedin? They are NOT happy. Oldsmar looked at what it would cost to merge with a local city for their own police and were AMAZED at how much it cost to start up their own dept. They are now trapped with PCSO forever and there is very little they can really do. They gave up their power to the Sheriff.

This county does need to merge...,"Merge" being the key word. Until you get a leader in the Sheriff Dept that can work 'with' the local cities instead of trying to be the big kid on the block, it will not be a good move.

What sounds better, "Hey lets put our resources together, save money, and not lay off anyone without cause and make this a safer community."

OR do you prefer the "Carnage in the Streets", I am the ruler of law enforcement, my way or the highway, how about some shiny shoes Mr Deputy, your not fired..oh wait yes you are, Sheriff Coats?

I've been in Dunedin for 15 years, and I am very happy with the SO. I've never even heard anything bad about them. Maybe the criminals up here are not happy, but I am. :cop:

05-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I think you Pinellas Park Police officers do an outstanding job, and the city is lucky to have such a great agency. I do not live in the city, have had to deal with the PCSO in an emergency, and can tell you that they aren't anywhere near the caliber you guys are. I'm sure that there are some good deputies, but their admin/agency is so F****d up and dirty that those few aren't allowed to shine at all. And, if merging is being tossed about, none of us who live in the communities that PSCO deputies regularly come on here and insult and mock want them, so why would any officer at one of the many agencies that they also come on here to insult and mock want to work with them?