PDA

View Full Version : Hiring?

05-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I am a certified LEO with road and dispatch experience. I would like to work for the department in Tampa. Can anyone advise if there are any openings or will there be any in the future?

Stay Safe

"Carpe Diem"

05-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Inquire within.

05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
You are out of your mind....run for life!!!!

05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I am a certified LEO with road and dispatch experience. I would like to work for the department in Tampa. Can anyone advise if there are any openings or will there be any in the future?

Stay Safe

"Carpe Diem"
Everyone wants to be in Tampa good luck scooter
In Vino Vertais

05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Contradictio in adjecto

06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Just for curiosity, what is the starting pay at Seminole Tribe PD? I never see any ads for the job.

06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Just for curiosity, what is the starting pay at Seminole Tribe PD? I never see any ads for the job. Starting pay is about 41,000, However, no retirement. We have guys and girls that have been here for 10+ years if they were fired or leave their 401K would hold the off for about 1 year. The police department could be disbanded and fall under BIA or security. The dept. does not go under state guidelines.

06-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Just for curiosity, what is the starting pay at Seminole Tribe PD? I never see any ads for the job. Starting pay is about 41,000, However, no retirement. We have guys and girls that have been here for 10+ years if they were fired or leave their 401K would hold the off for about 1 year. The police department could be disbanded and fall under BIA or security. The dept. does not go under state guidelines.

Do yourself a favor and pay absolutely no attention to the ridiculous post above mine. The starting salary is correct and there is no retirement, but please ignore the ignorant statements at the end of his rant. He has been told many times that he is wrong, but refuses to accept it. This department does follow state guidelines as well as BIA guidelines. If we didn't follow state guidelines we wouldn't be able to arrest under state statutes. Unless he is contacting an AUSA for every arrest he makes then he is operating under state guidelines.

06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Does SPD have a take home car policy? What are the perks of working there and what are the pits? I know the naysayers will chime in and give their 2 cents - just looking for honest input.

06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Does SPD have a take home car policy? What are the perks of working there and what are the pits? I know the naysayers will chime in and give their 2 cents - just looking for honest input. Yes, we do have take home cars, (which is abused) This is honest. We are a tribal police/security department. We adjust to the tribes needs. We had a good police department at one time, now we don't.