PDA

View Full Version : So... FTO huh?

04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
There's got to be something I don't know about the latest and greatest FTO to be assigned because at face value this is a ridiculous move. Someone please enlighten me as to the above board training, experience, or knowledge that this person has above others in the department to have "earned" this spot on the FTO Squad.

04-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Could you enlighten us as to who the new FTO is?

04-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I believe this is about the lovely and talented #202, Candace Bondurant.

05-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I did not realize that if you were assigned to the FTO squad, you were automatically an FTO. I could have sworn that you still had to complete the TRAINING and EARN the stripes. Hmmmm........wow, why don't we all jump to some conclusions here!!!

05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Well guest, there has been no leap to any conclusion. Just ask those in the know, like her new sergeant, and they will tell you she has been green lighted. Since there are no current trainees she will have plenty of time to train. It's a done deal and she was guaranteed the gig a long time ago. My only question was why is that the case when there are many others more qualified, more senior and with more time on the street in patrol.

05-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Well guest, there has been no leap to any conclusion. Just ask those in the know, like her new sergeant, and they will tell you she has been green lighted. Since there are no current trainees she will have plenty of time to train. It's a done deal and she was guaranteed the gig a long time ago. My only question was why is that the case when there are many others more qualified, more senior and with more time on the street in patrol.

So...more qualified...more senior...more time on patrol...what does that mean really? There is a reason some officers have been in patrol their entire career at the department. I would hate to think that you would make the best FTO because you spent 10 years working beat 6 and have done nothing but answer the calls on your beat and go home, high achiever arent you? You guys complain about everything it seems like. Of course, we are all entitled to an opinion and I have my feelings about many of you and some of you I really dont like.

I would like to know though, who are these officers you think are so much better then her? I guarantee if you posted some names then people would post all sorts of negative comments about them and why they would not be a "good" FTO.

05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Perhaps she was chosen because she is an intelligent and capable police officer who has displayed initiative, sound judgment, and leadership traits. Maybe she has worked hard, kept her nose clean, and purposely avoided being the type of jealous, petty, and childish person who would begrudge the success of another.

Malcontents who come here and whine about the success of a colleague are a cancer on the police department. Your careers will go nowhere until you address your own lack of character and integrity. Stop embarrassing our department with your shameful and childish behavior.

05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
She’s earned this position by flirting with the brass, let’s be honest. She was given this job months ago behind closed doors and not by the book. Even the way that is was discussed amongst the FTO’s was basically S.D said this was going to happen and it was his way or the highway. To me this does not show any semblance of character and integrity, either on his part or her part. The fact that the normal process for an important special unit was ignored so that S.D. could have squad candy is shameful and childish. I know of at least one better male officer that was overlooked so that this move could happen. Ba$tard may not be much to look at but he’s a hell of a cop (although I'm sure some would rip him to shreds on here just like they do everyone else). I am not saying that she is a bad person or even a bad cop, in fact she a decent cop that might make a great cop some day. However, she is green, is impetuous, and lacks verbal discipline needed to teach others. The last thing that we need on the streets is a bunch of C.B. clones running around. This is not a personal attack on C.B. but more of a commentary on the breakdown of the whole process that is now based on pheromones, hormones, feelings, and the buddy system rather than training, experience, capability, and respectability.

05-05-2009, 03:00 AM
TBL
She’s earned this position by flirting with the brass, let’s be honest. She was given this job months ago behind closed doors and not by the book. Even the way that is was discussed amongst the FTO’s was basically S.D said this was going to happen and it was his way or the highway. To me this does not show any semblance of character and integrity, either on his part or her part. The fact that the normal process for an important special unit was ignored so that S.D. could have squad candy is shameful and childish. I know of at least one better male officer that was overlooked so that this move could happen. Ba$tard may not be much to look at but he’s a hell of a cop (although I'm sure some would rip him to shreds on here just like they do everyone else). I am not saying that she is a bad person or even a bad cop, in fact she a decent cop that might make a great cop some day. However, she is green, is impetuous, and lacks verbal discipline needed to teach others. The last thing that we need on the streets is a bunch of C.B. clones running around. This is not a personal attack on C.B. but more of a commentary on the breakdown of the whole process that is now based on pheromones, hormones, feelings, and the buddy system rather than training, experience, capability, and respectability.

The fact that you feel the need to use LEO affairs to state your case does not lend your opinion any credibility whatsoever. You are a pathetic, envious coward who feels the need to use this forum to make libelous and unjust claims in an attempt to tear someone else down. The PPD is fortunate that people like you will never have the opportunity to take part in making personnel decisions because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Best of luck dwelling at the bottom.

05-05-2009, 03:18 AM
I agree that if you believe that these things are true about Candice then you would be doing something about them and not posting petty comments on this site.

I'm not sure why we are turning to this site to air our dirty laundry. This is stupid. Suck it up. Things happen at our department all the time that aren't right, that are stressful. People get selected for various reasons, some of them aren't fair. But honestly people are selected for the right reasons, as well. And people will talk NO MATTER what. Get over it. Who cares how Candice got the position. Give her a chance. If you want some thing work on being positive and doing a good job. If you don't get it, how is making negative comments and being an ass going to help you or anyone else. If she's a crappy FTO then she will join the long list of crappy FTOs. If she does a good job, then she will join a long list of good FTOs.

Posting our dirty laundry and being a malcontent helps no one.

05-07-2009, 05:07 AM
This post is a malicious attempt to implicate someone who is not aware and does not partake in this website! Assuming you know the identity of the blogger is as unjust as slamming those who are able to obtain promotions in their careers, for reasons that is actually none of your business. So before anything is ASSUMED, for example "being in patrol 10 years, working beat 6", we all know what and who this implies, maybe you should check your sources, be happy for those who excel, and leave those alone who are perfectly happy "on beat 6" or wherever they may choose to work!
And further more, how can you waste your time blogging about this....... Really?! This is your creative outlet? Or maybe, the ones that love to make assumptions, have know idea what your are talking about.... How does one assume a fellow officer is making these outlandish claims? Actually I guess my question is how do you choose which officer to blame? Reading these posts is like being in highschool! Are you not supposed to be on the same team? It infuriates me to hear, read, listen to all this garbage! I believe in freedom of speech, but you should really do some homework before you make such venomous statements! I pray you guys come home everyday, you are able to see your families, hug your children, and you spend your time hurting other people....Congratulations...At a boy! Whatever.........

05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
WOW... I am truly amazed and disappointed. I would hate to think that the best way to define me as a person would be by how well I could spread gossip and whine. Whatever happened to professionalism? The last time I checked, every person at the P.P.D. was human. That means we all have strengths and weakneses. That also means that we can learn from others as well as help others. If Candace was selected to be an F.T.O. I say congratulations to her. If you are upset because you think you can do a better job than her, then do so, and lead by example. Or better yet, talk to Candace about what areas you think she needs to improve on and help her be a better officer. One other point to consider. The F.H.P. forum has reporters ACTIVELY looking for incriminating information on troopers. You would be naive to think they wouldn't be looking here too, trying to find any information they could use against an officer or this department. I would hate to be in the position of explaining that the officer I was just gossiping about had acted properly when they backed me up after a call went bad.