PDA

View Full Version : Rec, letter of Denial due to employment any suggestions pls!

04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi guys,
I recently receive a letter advising that MDPD won't continue my application process, It took almost 1 year and half to get this news out to me ! I am really bummed out ! I did my orientation, polygraph, met up with a investigator , and waited eagerly for my next step.

The letter read something along the lines of , " MDPD won't continue your application process due to your employment history "

I have the decision to appeal this and write or meet up with someone later on.

My application had several employers on it becuase I was a Temp worker in many agency. ! This shouldn't be a way to filter a potential candidate considering that I have to earn money to help my older mother by bouncing for a better opportunity ! Should it? Any Suggestions , comments would be highly appreciated !

Either way , I'm bummed and will have to possible either seek 6K for academy , and re-apply and wait a longer time!

This bites ! :x

04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Remember one thing if you can qualify to get hired with mdpd nowadays with the extremely high rates for job seekers you will qualify for a job with the feds that will pay you more. Think about another agency up north your chances will be better due to the dried out job market down here. And they will probably have a open mind knowing your financial condition of having to take care of a relative, and if that is so it shows that you have a character of responsibility that mdpd cant see or doesn't want to see. Either way you choose good luck and never take no as an answer.

04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I applied for several agencies, MDPD included before getting hired and sponsored at the Miami-Dade Police Academy. Three angencies turned me down. The key is to not set your sites on just on department. Once you get sponsored you're good. If you choose that you want to work for another department in a year or two you have the option to do that. It's much easier to switch as a certified officer then to another department.10 years later I'm glad everything worked out the way it did.

04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Guys, I want to say thanks for having the time to reply to my questions! You are both right ! Thanks again , I will do just that !
Have more open options for better opportunity , I'm an Eagle Scout , and totally forgot that I scout is Always Prepared!

Thanks guys and continue sucess in your careers!