PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Going to BSO

04-24-2009, 10:09 PM
So rumor has it that Hollywood is looking to go BSO. That would be a HUGE mistake! BSO is already threatening their employees with layoffs so how are they going to take over another city? Lay off the lowest 100 employees by seniority? BSO or Hollywood?

Don't go BSO, they are too phuked up, just read their comments on their message board.

04-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Are there any readers out there that worked for an agency that was taken over by BSO? I would like to hear your take on this.

04-25-2009, 02:34 AM
My city P.D. was taken over by BSO over 20 years ago. The biggest mistake I made was not turning in the Hlwd P.D. application when I heard BSO was taking over. Knowing HPD guys, old timers, you'll hate it. Stay HPD and have your Union work with the city to help reduce the budget. You won't regret it.

04-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Looking for comments and thoughts on this.

On/off the record. Anonymity guaranteed.

ijrodriguez@sun-sentinel.com

Geo

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Hollywood considering BSO for police, fire

By Ihosvani Rodriguez

South Florida Sun Sentinel

4:57 PM EDT, April 24, 2009

HOLLYWOOD
Click here to find out more!

Those blue police uniforms and black-and-white cruisers soon could change colors because of the bad economy.

Facing a $17.9 million deficit in next year's budget, city officials may hire the Broward Sheriff's Office to take over the police and fire services.

City Manager Cameron Benson sent a letter this week to Sheriff Al Lamberti, essentially asking him to make a proposal. The city has hired a consulting group to analyze what type of savings outsourcing would bring.

"The City of Hollywood has authorized [consultants] to begin the groundwork to determine what, if any, arrangements would make sense for both the city and BSO," Benson wrote.

"The public is not going to stand for this," police union representative Jeff Marano said. "If you look at other cities that have done this, there's a savings at first, but in the long run the cities fall hostage to the sheriff over what you can and can't do.''

A private company took over the city's sanitation department in January.

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

04-26-2009, 12:15 AM
hey does anyone know what happens to the retirees who are collecting a pension if a city gets taken over by bso. how do they get paid if the officers are no longer paying into a pension plan.

04-26-2009, 01:40 AM
hey does anyone know what happens to the retirees who are collecting a pension if a city gets taken over by bso. how do they get paid if the officers are no longer paying into a pension plan.

It depends on what is negotiated. When Pompano came on, BSO paid the pension contribution for us, it was like a 8% raise. This is a good move for Hollywood cops anyway you shake it out.

04-26-2009, 01:41 AM

The plan becomes a closed plan until the last person dies. Up until then you get your check.

04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
[quote="Geo Rodriguez"]Looking for comments and thoughts on this.

On/off the record. Anonymity guaranteed.

ijrodriguez@sun-sentinel.com

Geo

What do you want to know?

04-26-2009, 09:02 AM

The plan becomes a closed plan until the last person dies. Up until then you get your check.Just curious about this. Where does the pension money come from that goes to pay the retirees? Does it come from the contract city or Browrd County or the State retirement system? It might be a tough financial burden for whoever has to pay the retirees with a lot of retirement funds losing quite a bit of money lately. I really dont know the numbers but if a city has 100 or so retirees collecting a pension it could cost millions of dollars a year just to pay them. I would think a city like Hollywood could possibly have a lot more than 100 retirees that are collecting a check each month.

04-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Any Department is only as good as it's Leader. With BSO this is magnified because unlike a Chief, the Sheriff can only be fired by the voters. Right now we are pretty happy. If we lose Lamberti and get a maniacal egomaniac like Jenne again this will be a sorry place to work. We do have good equipment and lot of room to persue what you want to be, but a lot of policy and political BS to deal with. I hope you guys come aboard. I can't speak for others but I would wecome you.

04-26-2009, 01:39 PM

The plan becomes a closed plan until the last person dies. Up until then you get your check.Just curious about this. Where does the pension money come from that goes to pay the retirees? Does it come from the contract city or Browrd County or the State retirement system? It might be a tough financial burden for whoever has to pay the retirees with a lot of retirement funds losing quite a bit of money lately. I really dont know the numbers but if a city has 100 or so retirees collecting a pension it could cost millions of dollars a year just to pay them. I would think a city like Hollywood could possibly have a lot more than 100 retirees that are collecting a check each month.

It comes from the city pension fund.

04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Seminole PD is Hiring

04-27-2009, 05:54 AM
i think it would be great if you guys joined us. you would have more resources. chances to move anywhere in the county if one day you decided you needed a change from hollywood and our boss is pretty good. the money and retirement is good, though i ont know anything about yours and what would happen if you merged. i think we would be the largest agency in the state if you joined actually

04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
I was an ex-city cop who came to BSO on my own many years ago during KJ. I was stunned at first with how the once mighty BSO had been corrupted and watered down by a civilian sheriff like him

During KJs tenure he managed to expand the agency in size 2 fold, and provided good equipment and room for advancement. But the downside was he split up "old school" cops and created a environment of fear and retaliation. He also gave civilians great amounts of power, and this created even more strain on the moral as civilians and deputies began to spar with each other.

Now, the painful days are behind us and we have started to heal and get our "balls" back, and you can see that came just in time as violent crime is out of control and use of force , chases and shootings are on the rise..and AL stands behind us 100 pct letting us do our jobs.

I know many Hwd cops and respect them for their style of work and would welcome you all into BSO. Strength is in numbers, and things are getting better here everyday.

Don't let the scare tactics of the layoffs threat get to you, thats just typical contract tough talk and besides do you think AL will let deputies be laid off in this crime ridden climate we are in?

Also , don't look to the BSO threads on here to gage the department either. These are usually the same 20 folks bashing each other, instead walk up to one in court or on the road and just talk to them.

Taking over Hwd makes sense on all sides, you guys are trained, experienced and equipped already. Sure zones will be redone to maximize manpower and coverage, but your jobs will be secure and you can move around to other areas and get some fresh scenery in other cities.

04-28-2009, 04:49 AM
GOOD POST BUT.. IF YOU SPEAK TO ANY HOLLYWOOD COP... NOT ONE WANTS TO WEAR GREEN AND WHITE... HPD STRONG... Quality...not quantity.....

04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
It is not about what the officers want. It is about money. Salaries and pensions have outpaced the cities income even when they build those high rise tenaments downtown. BSO will absorb the PD be able to provide service for less money than the costs presently are. It is a shame the department lost the support of its citizens with all the side shows not that BSO is any shining pillar either but the fact is the city has been in decline the last several years while the cost of having public safety is what is breaking the back of the general funds. The PBA is not relevant since they represent everything that is wrong with this department. Many of the young and energetic officers who have not been jaded by the Old Boys club will thrive in the larger environment. The old boys are the ones who will yelp the most. All their cushy side deals are going away. Probably not a bad thing for the department.

04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I've been a Hollywood citizen for a very long time and this is about money, period. Not about how hpd officers or firefighters feel. HPD officer's and Fire fighters are not going to have much of a choice with the decision to merge. If the city is going to save a ton of money contracting services, then it will happen. Whether you are a Hollywood police officer or BSO deputy, the only thing that matters is the citizens of Hollywood and how the city commissioners can better serve them and save the city from bankruptcy. In fact, the commissioners can vote on the merger without a public vote, just like Pompano did.

The union is out of place by trying to threaten the city commissioners from going to the memorial. Either the police and fire depts are going to have to take a big cut in pay and benefits or the merger will take place. Both Hollywood police and fire depts have been raping the city for so long and now someone finally woke up and said enough.

The bottom line is money. So it doesn't matter what the officers or firefighters want. Remember, you are employees of the City of Hollywood so get over it and and do what's right for the city, not your pockets. This is simple mathematics.

It's time for the police and fire to take responsibility like the rest of us and start thinking about the citizens of Hollywood. The only problem here is that the Hollywood police and fire depts don't want anyone watching them or controlling what they do. With the sheriff's Office, they can't do whatever they want so they are afraid. The services provided by the sheriff's office is no different than the services provided by the local depts. You don't have any better training and or certificates. If anything, you get more for your money with the sheriff's office.
AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies

04-30-2009, 11:11 AM
I've been a Hollywood citizen for a very long time and this is about money, period. Not about how hpd officers or firefighters feel. HPD officer's and Fire fighters are not going to have much of a choice with the decision to merge. If the city is going to save a ton of money contracting services, then it will happen. Whether you are a Hollywood police officer or BSO deputy, the only thing that matters is the citizens of Hollywood and how the city commissioners can better serve them and save the city from bankruptcy. In fact, the commissioners can vote on the merger without a public vote, just like Pompano did.

The union is out of place by trying to threaten the city commissioners from going to the memorial. Either the police and fire depts are going to have to take a big cut in pay and benefits or the merger will take place. Both Hollywood police and fire depts have been raping the city for so long and now someone finally woke up and said enough.

The bottom line is money. So it doesn't matter what the officers or firefighters want. Remember, you are employees of the City of Hollywood so get over it and and do what's right for the city, not your pockets. This is simple mathematics.

It's time for the police and fire to take responsibility like the rest of us and start thinking about the citizens of Hollywood. The only problem here is that the Hollywood police and fire depts don't want anyone watching them or controlling what they do. With the sheriff's Office, they can't do whatever they want so they are afraid. The services provided by the sheriff's office is no different than the services provided by the local depts. You don't have any better training and or certificates. If anything, you get more for your money with the sheriff's office.
AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies
You are obviously one of Beam's Queens sent here to give the illusion that you are a common tax paying citizen without an agenda. Well, give it up pal, we all see through your silly effort. I have notice every time Beam is mentioned in an article about the police department, the same phenomenon happens. He has his little minions flood the blogs with propaganda bashing the police and union. I'm sure the sun sentinel writer who posted on this topic is not fooled either.

04-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I retired after 25 years in Law Enforcement in South Florida. Due to early pensions I was in my early 40's and thought I would never work again, espacially in Law Enforcement. After a few months, I got bored and reality set in, I soon realized that the only thing I knew how to do was be a COP. I escaped South Florida and moved to the Nashville, Tn area and took a job in Law Enforcement.

In the mid 1970's the Nashville Police merged with the Davidson County Sheriff and formed one main Police Agency for Nashville, it is now called Metro Nashville Police. The Sheriff only handles the jails and corrections for the County. Metro Nashville Police handle the Police duties. With the exception of 3 or 4 smaller police depts in the County, Metro police is it for police service. There are several Precincts but they are always short and run call to call. The only thing that saves them is they are not as busy as South Florida. Now, 40 something years later the cities that gave up their police departments are unhappy with the lack of coverage and the rising crime rates. Metro Nashville does not answer to other city Mayors or Council members and really could care less about the lack of patrols in the more exclusive area when they are responding to hi crime areas all day. Their department morale is horrible and they have a high turnover and trouble recruiting. The pensions are half of South Florida's and the union is very weak.

I hope this post acts as a crystal ball for the City of Hollywood and the city leaders think long and hard before giving up their Police Department. Do what is best for the residents and Officers of your city.

All one has to do is look at this as an example of what not to do. Good luck and be safe.

04-30-2009, 01:33 PM

AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies

I agree with your comments and read the usual tough guy response from one of the PBA googans. What these guys fail to realize is it is the citizens who pay the taxes that get them paid. In the past, the corrupt mayor and commissioners who were taking union money to stay in office used to side with these people or else know they would face the same strong arm tactics that always play time and time again. Guess what? When you loose that support and the support of the citizens who live in the city, you need to get ready for change. It has been along time comming. The example set by the PBA is appalling and in reality, it is only a few goons who intimidate their brother officers and everyone else who dare get in their way.

Go rent the Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel. Then realize the characters these screen writers use to come up with their story lines is based on what we have here in this city.

The Sheriff will have fun integrating this bunch.

05-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Thank you to the previous poster, Ray Charles, for taking the time to give us some insight on an agency that merged years ago and how it was not in the best interest of the City or it's citizens.

I hope this post opens a few eyes here so everyone can see the true light, thanks again Ray Charles.

05-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I ownder how much it will cost to repaint all our cars to green and white?

05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
I ownder how much it will cost to repaint all our cars to green and white?

Not much for the white. The green stripes & decals are gotten at a discount.

05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.

05-12-2009, 03:06 AM
[quote="Dade cop"]As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.[/quote

First of all, your voice will not change anything. This is about money, so unless you are willing to pay more in taxes or take a cut in pay yourself, stop talking nonsense. The fact is that the Hollywood commissioners can take a vote and change who they pay for services of any kind. A public vote is not required. You should trust your elected officials and not some union puppet who is only thinking about him or herself.

By the way, before you put all your eggs in one basket check and see how long it takes Hollywood PD to respond to calls in the city, if they respond at all. Then check BSO's response time and you will see there is a big difference. And BSO responds to all calls regardless of the type of call. That is a Public Records FACT. The answers you find may surprise you Mr. dade cop. Remember this is not about feelings, so get over it and think about what's best for every citizen of Hollywood. Do your homework and stop acting like John Wayne... like you're going to ride in and save the day.

The Hollywood commissioners recently changed several services without your permission or insight. This was done to save money to the tax payers and residents of Hollywood.

05-12-2009, 10:44 AM
[quote="Dade cop":1o3ff8ep]As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.[/quote

First of all, your voice will not change anything. This is about money, so unless you are willing to pay more in taxes or take a cut in pay yourself, stop talking nonsense. The fact is that the Hollywood commissioners can take a vote and change who they pay for services of any kind. A public vote is not required. You should trust your elected officials and not some union puppet who is only thinking about him or herself.

By the way, before you put all your eggs in one basket check and see how long it takes Hollywood PD to respond to calls in the city, if they respond at all. Then check BSO's response time and you will see there is a big difference. And BSO responds to all calls regardless of the type of call. That is a Public Records FACT. The answers you find may surprise you Mr. dade cop. Remember this is not about feelings, so get over it and think about what's best for every citizen of Hollywood. Do your homework and stop acting like John Wayne... like you're going to ride in and save the day.

The Hollywood commissioners recently changed several services without your permission or insight. This was done to save money to the tax payers and residents of Hollywood.[/quote:1o3ff8ep]

You have to be a BSO drone with your nasty attitude and belligerent language. Hollywood is not going BSO so get over it. Hollywood PD is better than BSO any day of the week,

05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
.[/quote][/quote]

You have to be a BSO drone with your nasty attitude and belligerent language. Hollywood is not going BSO so get over it. Hollywood PD is better than BSO any day of the week,[/quote]

Ok princess relax, you're going to have a heart attack. I don't care much for BSO either. You write like you have anger issues and probably need a nice massage.

Frankly, I like hollywood pd. But you and I know princess that we may need to do something to fix this problem. So before you go getting your panties in an uproar, take a deep breath and say, hummmmmm, hummmmm, hummmmmm.

05-13-2009, 02:31 AM
[quote="Dade cop":144y6dgy]As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.[/quote

The Hollywood commissioners recently changed several services without your permission or insight. This was done to save money to the tax payers and residents of Hollywood.[/quote:144y6dgy]

I THOUGHT THAT THIS SITE WAS FOR COPS ONLY.... STAY OFF OUR SITE..

05-13-2009, 03:43 AM
hollywood resident, the reason why hollywood doesnt respond to some calls is because some calls dont need to be responded too, I'm sure you hated getting called back to a residence for loud music over and over and over again, the reason why they dont respond to some calls also if so they can keep more officers on the streets and 10-8 so that they can respond to more serious calls instead of being at a 22 noise for the 5th time in a night. And when it gets really busy like it did a couple nights ago with all the crap going on all over the city, then it is good when they dont have to respond to every call no matter what, your no matter what calls can be BS calls, being a police officer is mainly about saving lives and helping people, not being a homeowners Loud music enforcement team.

05-13-2009, 04:27 AM

AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies

You have no facts, it's all your opinion. The city commissioners will make a big mistake if they elect to go with BSO. Within a year they will want their own police department back. Simple mathematics is that you will end up paying more with BSO for less service. Citizens like you whine about how much the officers are getting paid but like to call up for any stupid reason and have an officer come out to handle your complaint. The commissioners waste money all year long and then whine when they overspend. 80 thousand for the 4th of July? That's ridiculous when you're cutting your budget. All their events at the Arts Park, wasted money. The Arts Park itself, wasted money. I could go on forever.

Here's a fact for you. The union wasn't threatening city officials to keep them from the memorial service. The message was, if you don't care about the officers then don't come to the memorial service and pretend that you do so you'll look good in the paper or on tv.

05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
hollywood resident, the reason why hollywood doesnt respond to some calls is because some calls dont need to be responded too, I'm sure you hated getting called back to a residence for loud music over and over and over again, the reason why they dont respond to some calls also if so they can keep more officers on the streets and 10-8 so that they can respond to more serious calls instead of being at a 22 noise for the 5th time in a night. And when it gets really busy like it did a couple nights ago with all the crap going on all over the city, then it is good when they dont have to respond to every call no matter what, your no matter what calls can be BS calls, being a police officer is mainly about saving lives and helping people, not being a homeowners Loud music enforcement team.

If you are a hollywood officer then you really are an idiot. Loud music in hollywood is a city ordinance violation, dummy. If you would learn how to handle your calls the right way the first time around you wouldn't have to respond several times. Maybe your supervisor needs to monitor you and tell you what to do or send you back to training. Or better yet, send you to pick up signs from the street corners. No wonder the city commissioners want to get rid of the department, you guys can't think on your own or handle a citizen complaint properly. By the way, being a police officer means To "Serve" and Protect.

05-14-2009, 04:06 AM
I PERSONALLY THINK THE TAKEOVER WOULD BE GREAT. MAYBE JEFF COULD GET BACK WITH HIS EX?!!? SHE HAS ALREADY SERVED HER PURPOSE HERE AT BSO. I HEARD THE FORECLOSURE ON THE HOME IS FINALLY UPSETTING HER. LOVE BSO STYLE :devil: :devil: :devil: I KNOW ITS LIKE BEING IN LOVE WITH A TOILET. HOPEFULLY THE TAKEOVER WILL RESPARK HEIR RELATIONSHIP.

05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I PERSONALLY THINK THE TAKEOVER WOULD BE GREAT. MAYBE JEFF COULD GET BACK WITH HIS EX?!!? SHE HAS ALREADY SERVED HER PURPOSE HERE AT BSO. I HEARD THE FORECLOSURE ON THE HOME IS FINALLY UPSETTING HER. LOVE BSO STYLE :devil: :devil: :devil: I KNOW ITS LIKE BEING IN LOVE WITH A TOILET. HOPEFULLY THE TAKEOVER WILL RESPARK HEIR RELATIONSHIP.

What is/was her purpose here at BSO? Not sure what you mean by "being in love with a toilet"?

05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
let me enlighten both of you, loud music is only enforceable if there is a documented complainant who agrees to give a written statement and go to court on the citation the officer may issue. An anonymous complaint of noise, even if the officer hears the loud music, is not enforceable without a written affidavit from a witness and or victim and the victim/witness has to agree to publicy testify in court against the loud neighbor. 99% of all noise complaints are from anonymous complainants therefore they are not enforceable.

If you are a hollywood officer then you really are an idiot. Loud music in hollywood is a city ordinance violation, dummy. If you would learn how to handle your calls the right way the first time around you wouldn't have to respond several times. Maybe your supervisor needs to monitor you and tell you what to do or send you back to training. Or better yet, send you to pick up signs from the street corners. No wonder the city commissioners want to get rid of the department, you guys can't think on your own or handle a citizen complaint properly. By the way, being a police officer means To "Serve" and Protect. :devil:

05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
It's about money vs services. You can have a smaller hollywood police dept for less money, just be prepared for more crime and less service. Poinsieta park is already a complete sheethole and they have 3 squads of unmarks working it at least 6 days a week. It is not the police dept or the neighborhoods fault that the city has allowed homless shelters, mental health welfare offices and drug clinic (and free meals stations) that promote nothing but crime in these areas. so the cities want to save money and reduce services and save money and neighborhoods like poinsietta park wil suffer. Let BSO take over and poinseitta park will be like pompano and hollywood hills will be like hialeah and west hollywood will become carvers ranches. If this is what the citizens of hollywood want, so be it, do it.. the residents will suffer but will save a few dollars. Did you know Hollywood had the lowest crime rate in broward county post hurricane wilma during the electrical outage? Not one robbery or violent crime. Pines, miramar, and bso all had rampant robberies and smash and grabs, it is not the other police depts fault, it was simply staffing. BTW, did you read all the layoffs by bso today, you think hollywood with bso staffing is going to have the same number of cops on the street? Wakeup please, The sheriff can't do it any cheaper, he can only play with staffing.

AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies

05-22-2009, 04:34 AM

Residents do not know what 10-8 means. That's why this is a LEO website. Police Officers/ Deputies are to "serve and protect" not be a taxi and/or go to 22's five times a night.

BSO is already laying off deputies and then on the website says they're hiring. Wow, watch the news.

HPD STRONG

05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
[quote="Family Reunion":1n99xvbf]I PERSONALLY THINK THE TAKEOVER WOULD BE GREAT. MAYBE JEFF COULD GET BACK WITH HIS EX?!!? SHE HAS ALREADY SERVED HER PURPOSE HERE AT BSO. I HEARD THE FORECLOSURE ON THE HOME IS FINALLY UPSETTING HER. LOVE BSO STYLE :devil: :devil: :devil: I KNOW ITS LIKE BEING IN LOVE WITH A TOILET. HOPEFULLY THE TAKEOVER WILL RESPARK HEIR RELATIONSHIP.

What is/was her purpose here at BSO? Not sure what you mean by "being in love with a toilet"?[/quo

She loved Jeff because Lemack was his fto. when lemack was out of the picture the toilet was used by the exec to our future sheriff. there were photos of valnerial passed arourd cooper city/weston of her having close relations with oozie prior to his handler getting him clipped. i love my toilet but that doesn't mean i would sleep in the same bed with it. lots of people use toilets.[/quote:1n99xvbf]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of that happened. She was married at the time & so was & is the K9 handler. Nothing was going on between them.

05-25-2009, 04:53 PM
hollywood resident, the reason why hollywood doesnt respond to some calls is because some calls dont need to be responded too, I'm
If you are a hollywood officer then you really are an idiot. Loud music in hollywood is a city ordinance violation, dummy. If you would learn how to handle your calls the right way the first time around you wouldn't have to respond several times. Maybe your supervisor needs to monitor you and tell you what to do or send you back to training. Or better yet, send you to pick up signs from the street corners. No wonder the city commissioners want to get rid of the department, you guys can't think on your own or handle a citizen complaint properly. By the way, being a police officer means To "Serve" and Protect.

You are the idiot, If the complainant, doesnt want to meet and sign the complaint (wants to remain anonymous.. afraid of the mean neighborg with the little loud radio). No victim No crime. And before you start talking about city ords/statutes..get the facts.... Always blue...

06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
[quote="Family Reunion":1hpw2jcl]I PERSONALLY THINK THE TAKEOVER WOULD BE GREAT. MAYBE JEFF COULD GET BACK WITH HIS EX?!!? SHE HAS ALREADY SERVED HER PURPOSE HERE AT BSO. I HEARD THE FORECLOSURE ON THE HOME IS FINALLY UPSETTING HER. LOVE BSO STYLE :devil: :devil: :devil: I KNOW ITS LIKE BEING IN LOVE WITH A TOILET. HOPEFULLY THE TAKEOVER WILL RESPARK HEIR RELATIONSHIP.

What is/was her purpose here at BSO? Not sure what you mean by "being in love with a toilet"?[/quo

She loved Jeff because Lemack was his fto. when lemack was out of the picture the toilet was used by the exec to our future sheriff. there were photos of valnerial passed arourd cooper city/weston of her having close relations with oozie prior to his handler getting him clipped. i love my toilet but that doesn't mean i would sleep in the same bed with it. lots of people use toilets.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of that happened. She was married at the time & so was & is the K9 handler. Nothing was going on between them.[/quote:1hpw2jcl]

The best thing that ever happened to Val was going BSO, since she was running out of people @ CC to scr*w. Since the merge she has found a lot more positions/people to be with. Jeff should have seen the B*g Writing on the wall. And so should the next person. P.S. Val you need to get your Weston Boys under control and tell them to stop arresting ASA's.

06-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I for one wouldn't mind going to BSO. Its about expanding the possibilities. And at BSO there are the possibilities of more female officers that I can sleep with.

06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I for one wouldn't mind going to BSO. Its about expanding the possibilities. And at BSO there are the possibilities of more female officers that I can sleep with.

Is this post somehow related to the previous post?

06-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Enough possibilities are in Hollywood. I would not want to go to BSO. Ever.

Stick to your charlie shift girls...

06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Rumor has it...the merger will be approved very soon. Hang on. Wow...BSO.

06-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Rumor has it...the merger will be approved very soon. Hang on. Wow...BSO.
Very soon......

MOD 493
06-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Who ever is posting that we are going to BSO can you stop already everyone already knows that it is not going to happen.I think that BSO has enough problems right now with there budget.

06-30-2009, 02:57 AM
you are so correct mod! we have so many problems here at bso. times are so tough even valerie has cut back. jeff, full exam is in your best interest. we all make mistakes jeff do not let val ruin the rest of your life. you deserve the american dream house (not foreclosed) kids and garage (wont go there). antibiotics theses days will let you live your dream

06-22-2011, 03:49 AM

AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies
I hope you come back to read this. I am a resident of hollywood. It wasn't the unions holding the commissioners hostage or threatening them. THE UNION requested that the mayor solicit BSO for a proposal. The cops and firefighters have already taken cuts in pay and benefits in order to work with the city and help the taxpayers. If you want to talk about simple mathematics, understand this... BSO will charge the citizens of hollywood MORE MONEY for ambulance transports. BSO will provide their service on the cheap initially, which means you will get what you pay for. Expect longer response times. And, if you don't pay the fee for the ambulance transport, expect a lien on your home. When the initial BSO contract expires, and the city of hollywood doesn't have the means to provide services on their own because they sold all of their assets to the county, expect the county to use that as leverage to raise their costs. This type of decision requires long term thinking. There may be savings initially, but it won't last. And if you think the residents will have any input regarding the type of services provided, the cost of the service, etc you are sadly mistaken. Keeping these services on a local level allows for more influence and input from the citizens. I recommend you really consider what you're asking for. The grass isn't always greener. And, how financially stable is BSO? Are they isolated from the economic woes everyone else is experiencing? Doubtful.... Do changes need to be made? yes. Is this the BEST route for the citizens (and employees) of Hollywood? I doubt it.

06-22-2011, 04:06 AM
[quote="Dade cop":1cr4zpp4]As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.[/quote

The Hollywood commissioners recently changed several services without your permission or insight. This was done to save money to the tax payers and residents of Hollywood.[/quote:1cr4zpp4]

You call him a union puppet, and then in the same sentence you instruct him to be a puppet and trust his elected officials as if he should be content acting like a sheep, blindly following their lead. You expect an intelligent person to lend your statements any credibility and follow your advice? You also state that BSO responds to ALL calls and this is a FACT. Well, so does Hollywood PD and FD. This is absolutely about feelings, and NOT just about money. Most of us aren't robots or cyborgs like you. Most of us make calculated decisions regarding our community and don't just dumb it down to a dollars and cents issue like you do. You haven't really said anything constructive or worthwhile in your post. You are actually acting in an intimidating and silencing manner that you probably claim union drones would act like. Everyone's voice has the potential to initiate a change if intelligent, open-minded people are listening. I don't detect any nonsense in his post, but yours is full of it. The reason Hollywood PD may have a delay in their response time is because the brilliant commission decided to lay off 13 cops despite the fact that they are already down more than 2 dozen personnel. An intelligent individual would recognize that this factor plays a vital role in response times considering the high call volume in Hollywood.
As for the commission making decisions without their constituents' knowledge or support, I'd say that resembles tyranny or a dictatorship, and not a democracy. I don't know what type of society you think we live in, but that sort of track record usually translates into a failed attempt at re-election. I really don't think you have EVERY hollywood citizens' BEST interests at heart. It sounds like you want us all to keep our mouths shut and take what we're given.

07-24-2011, 09:50 PM
[quote="Dade cop":4d6zrqex]As a resident of Hollywood and a LEO in Dade County, I can only hope that they don't make the mistake. I will be watching and voice my opinion when and if it becomes necessary. Keep up the good work, I know that my wife and kids are safe at night while I'm watching over somebody else's.[/quote

The Hollywood commissioners recently changed several services without your permission or insight. This was done to save money to the tax payers and residents of Hollywood.

You call him a union puppet, and then in the same sentence you instruct him to be a puppet and trust his elected officials as if he should be content acting like a sheep, blindly following their lead. You expect an intelligent person to lend your statements any credibility and follow your advice? You also state that BSO responds to ALL calls and this is a FACT. Well, so does Hollywood PD and FD. This is absolutely about feelings, and NOT just about money. Most of us aren't robots or cyborgs like you. Most of us make calculated decisions regarding our community and don't just dumb it down to a dollars and cents issue like you do. You haven't really said anything constructive or worthwhile in your post. You are actually acting in an intimidating and silencing manner that you probably claim union drones would act like. Everyone's voice has the potential to initiate a change if intelligent, open-minded people are listening. I don't detect any nonsense in his post, but yours is full of it. The reason Hollywood PD may have a delay in their response time is because the brilliant commission decided to lay off 13 cops despite the fact that they are already down more than 2 dozen personnel. An intelligent individual would recognize that this factor plays a vital role in response times considering the high call volume in Hollywood.
As for the commission making decisions without their constituents' knowledge or support, I'd say that resembles tyranny or a dictatorship, and not a democracy. I don't know what type of society you think we live in, but that sort of track record usually translates into a failed attempt at re-election. I really don't think you have EVERY hollywood citizens' BEST interests at heart. It sounds like you want us all to keep our mouths shut and take what we're given.[/quote:4d6zrqex]

It shocks me that people take so blindly what the commissioners say as fact. 1st of all you want to believe the city's numbers on city finances. In less than a year, we went from 4 million to 38 million dollars short. We have cracked lifted sidewalks in central hollywood and marble chipped mosaics inlaid in pavers on the beach. One commissioner couldn't even handle her own finances and went personally brancrupt and yet the citizens elected her to dispense the city tax payers money. We have another commissioner in line to collect two pensions (one from broward schools the other from city of hollywood) and yet he is against the pensions of the police, fire and general employees. City of hollywood is considering forgiving a close to two million dept from a museum, who after 4 years is still unable to get itself up and running and you want people to believe the city is so broke they should break the current contract after police and fire already negotiated down their pay/benefits less than 6 months ago? This stinks of corruption .

08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Really? Hollywood doesn't have any better training? BSO qualifies with real bullets one day a year, hollywood does it 4 times a year and any officer has the opportunity to shoot anytime the range is open for practice. Afterthe academy, you have another approx 6 month of fto training, ongoing building searches in real buildings and active investigative senerios. BSO will low ball them then jack up the price when they can't afford to buy back their old buildings and police cars. Such is the way of a monopoly. GOING TO BSO WON'T HURT THE HOLLYWOOD COPS IT WILL HURT THE COMMISSIONERS. The commissioners won't be able t pick up the phone to get 6 officers to immediately respond to their little dog and pony shows or pet projects. If it is going to happen, so be it. Who cares at this point. And if it is about money then the city would not be considering forgiving a nearly 2 million dollar museum who has not been able to open their doors for three years after repeated extra government grants. It's not about money, the commissioners cannot even balance their own bank books. During the pension talks the acting city manager asked the police to "make the presentations more simple" so the commissioners could understand it. Dumbing down the numbers so the commissioners can understand it? The commission is just a group of cluess people who should not be alllowed to run a lemonaide stand let alone govern a mutimiillion dollar budget.

AND THAT'S A FACT!

Goodbye ladies
I hope you come back to read this. I am a resident of hollywood. It wasn't the unions holding the commissioners hostage or threatening them. THE UNION requested that the mayor solicit BSO for a proposal. The cops and firefighters have already taken cuts in pay and benefits in order to work with the city and help the taxpayers. If you want to talk about simple mathematics, understand this... BSO will charge the citizens of hollywood MORE MONEY for ambulance transports. BSO will provide their service on the cheap initially, which means you will get what you pay for. Expect longer response times. And, if you don't pay the fee for the ambulance transport, expect a lien on your home. When the initial BSO contract expires, and the city of hollywood doesn't have the means to provide services on their own because they sold all of their assets to the county, expect the county to use that as leverage to raise their costs. This type of decision requires long term thinking. There may be savings initially, but it won't last. And if you think the residents will have any input regarding the type of services provided, the cost of the service, etc you are sadly mistaken. Keeping these services on a local level allows for more influence and input from the citizens. I recommend you really consider what you're asking for. The grass isn't always greener. And, how financially stable is BSO? Are they isolated from the economic woes everyone else is experiencing? Doubtful.... Do changes need to be made? yes. Is this the BEST route for the citizens (and employees) of Hollywood? I doubt it.

08-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Hollywood PD take all the cuts, BSO administration is garbage. Trust me I work there, its full of criminals from the sheriff on down.