PDA

View Full Version : 4-10's Chief?

04-23-2009, 07:00 AM
WTF? I can't believe this guy! You are the worst Chief I have ever had in my life. I have never seen a Chief that can't support anything his officers do!!!! Does our cotract mean anything to you? First you take away our OFF DUTIES and now you wont give us our 4-10's . I want everyone who reads this to know that the Chief at FIU is a CROOK and a NO GOOD LIAR! You get paid around 160,000 dollars to do nothing because you are NOTHING!!!! You are so full of CRAP and GARBAGE. Who ever is thinking of working here at FIU PD better think twice before applying here. This Chief will STAB you in the back the first chance he gets. Chief YOU are a JOKE!

04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
What do you expect? I have been reading this web page for over a year now. All I have read is how you disrespect your supervisors, bash fellow officers in a public forum, complain about having to do tasks like open doors, and whine about how the administration doesn't respect you. Well, with this site, you have clearly shown why nobody respects you. You relish the fact (and publicly express it) that you are happy that crime has risen. Isn't that a great stance for a law enforcement agency? Why would anybody in a decision making role do anything for you? I think all of you who want respect without earning it should leave. Those who stay, I hope you have each other's backs, work to make things better, and try to protect and serve the faculty, staff, and students to the best of your ability. Then you will earn the respect of this community. Until then, your reap what you sew!

Publius
05-03-2009, 05:01 AM
The Deterioration of the Praetorian Guard.

As far as I remember, it was August back in the 27 bc that one that created the “Praetorian Guard” These individuals, had the solely responsibility of protecting the Emperor right there on his own palace from the intrigues of the Senate and possible assailants. Thus they were chosen very selectively and deliberately. They represented the best warriors of the Roman Empire.

My dear colleague, it seams to me that there is a good correspondence between the Roman Praetorian Guard and our dpt. We are bound to protect and serve those who work, enter and dwells within the walls of our campuses. Students, staffs and faculty, just as you mentioned. And yet, I agreed with the idea that our “Praetorian Guard” is giving some signs of deterioration. lack of “Decorum”, I would call it.

Decorum is a Latin word for those who thought that “good manners” were too litter, while “good morals” were too much. And thus social “Decorum” became synonym with etiquettes, and acceptable appropriate behavior.

Without a doubt, bashing fellow officers and publicly slandering supervisors is considered a sing of "deterioration" of the Praetorian Guard. Social Decorum, my friend is a concept much in need these days in those who wear uniform.

The story goes that over the time this Praetorian Guard also lost some of its ... "Decorum". They became corrupt, ruthless, and got even to murder some of the emperors that they were sworn to protect with their own lives!!!

The Deterioration Continued untill Constantine came into place. This pure cast of the finest of Rome warriors deteriorated and degenerated itself to the point that by Constantine times 300’s ac, he was obligue, by his own safety, to dissolve the Guard. He then sent them to the different corners of the Empire, as far as possible. And in an additional effort in order to sweep with any vestigue or memoir from the "Praetorian Guard", Constantine also destroyed their barracks better known as the “Casta Praetoria”, located close by the Imperial Palace.

Make no mistake that thank God there is a lots of good officers and supervisors in our dpt. And even those who complains, they might have some degree of truth in their pligh. But the lack of "Decorum" in the way in which they carry themself in respect to others officers and in the way they unfold the issues, I concidered to be a real blunder.

The Praetorian Guard contributed to its own demise. I only hope that some of our guard members dont do the same by enhancing and exacerbating their lack of Decorum.

Peace