PDA

View Full Version : FHP getting a raise

04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Has anyone else looked at the Governors budget and the House/Senates budget and seen the raise FHP gets is the same they got last year? See it for yourself at the states website at http://www.myflorida.com and click on the Governors website, then go down about 4 blocks to the right and click on the budget, you can search it by agency and of course FHP is under Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles...they are getting the same amount for salary increases as they got last year, they get a raise, we get cut. PBA WHERE ARE YOU? I already know the answer they got, we have to start somewhere....SO, lemmeseee, we got $0 for the last 3 years, they got 5% last year, plus 5% this year equals 10%, we get cut 4-5% so they are now 14 to 15% ahead and they were already about 10% ahead of us anyway. just wave em thru....

04-22-2009, 03:36 AM
You idiots voted IUPA out, FHP and FWC raises is being supported by Terry "cop hater" Rhodes to screw the Commissioner. Wake up children, you have been sold out by Rhodes and Phyllis Vaughn our slimy budget bitc$ to defy Bronson and Liford. The problem is going to get worse as she tries to cut more of our peoples jobs so they can screw us in Bronsons face. If PBA has any back, they would meet with Rhodes and make her answer the tough questions. She is gonna attempt to derail everything that our people have done. Write and e-mail @rhodest@doacs.state fl.us. and ask her why she is doing this.

04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Is this really surprising, us SLEO's are getting the big shaft. PBA is only for the Troopers, and I say that vaguely, they are for the Troopers only becuase of the money they get to collect on the phone call fund raising. If it wasn't for that, they would do squat for the Troopers too.

It is a shame though, I am a SLEO, and have been getting screwed year after year. I see them doing nothing about it, PBA is silent for us, we need to stop paying them. Don't see why we pay them our dues, it is just going to help FHP anyway. Guess I need to start cutting back too, looks like I can save 35 dollars a month one sure way. IUPA will still cover you for I think 14 dollars or so a month, and you can have the legal protection without paying for PBA.

And as for the comment saying we voted out IUPA, no, SLEO's did not, FHP did. And as far as FWC getting anything, they are not either.

04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
This has been a plan for along time. Go tothe FAST website and look at the OCT 2008 newsletter. The Lt Gov tells it like it is.

05-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I work for FHP. We are not getting a raise. If we were getting a raise, believe me, I would be very much aware of it. Go to our website and see if anybody is talking about the raise we are getting? NOT. I am however getting a 2% pay cut effective July 1. How come on the rare occasion that we do get a raise, it is effective in October, but take money from a State Employee and it is effective July 1? Gotta love working for the Great State of Florida :cop: