PDA

View Full Version : Chief deputy officially retired

04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
LEE COUNTY: Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante officially retired Saturday.

Ferrante is still under investigation after turning in his letter of retirement on March 9th.

He has been on paid administrative leave since last month after allegations surfaced of intimidation and falsifying records.

Sheriff Mike Scott has said the chief deputy position will not be filled.

04-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Crooks, crooks, crooks. LCSO admin and some of the retard deputies are no better than the people they arrest. I can't wait when FDLE and the FBI shuts you guys down. It's only a matter of time.

04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
[Charles Ferrante guest opinion: Former chief deputy proud to have served
April 19, 2009

Dear Residents of Lee County:

For the past 20 years, I have had the honor to serve you as a law enforcement officer in numerous assignments and was proud to wear that uniform every day I reported to duty.

Although I came in contact with a lot of bad people in Lee County, which was my job, I also had the pleasure of serving good citizens, and I want to assure you there are far more good people than bad in this county, and we have a great community.

The past four years I have had the distinguished privilege serving you as your chief deputy/under sheriff, and I did the job every day with the highest degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the service of others. During that time I maintained convictions that I would never compromise.

Those practiced, learned traits that were instilled in me by my Dad, who has since passed on, were as follows: Always maintain the highest degree of ethics and honesty, never trade principles for politics, never sugar coat anything, always telling it like it is, constantly remember that you chose this profession to serve others and not yourself, and if you don't like who you see in the mirror it is time to hang it up. I can still look in that mirror and like who I see, never regretting one minute of my devotion to the service of others.

Recently and regrettably you have been subjected to a circus of illusions at the Sheriff's Office and I know in my heart that most of you have seen it for what it is. Upon my departure, I ask of you for one thing and that is while being subjected to this circus of illusions please divert your attention and focus outside the circus tent for that is where the front line troops perform...

As the former chief deputy, I can attest to you that the certified law enforcement/correction and civilian members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office are the best of the best, and I was honored and proud to be serving with them.

These men and women serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week with steadfast bravery, professionalism and dedication to public service, always putting the safety and welfare of others before themselves.

As I turn this page in my life as a servant to the members in this community, I want to assure you once again, Lee County, you are in good hands for these great men and women on the front lines have true servant hearts and have chosen this profession for all the right reasons. May God bless each of you and your families.

Next Pageundefined
Previous Page- Charles J. Ferrante is the retired chief deputy of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

In Your Voice| Read reactions to this story Newest first Oldest first
Watchdog10 wrote:

Looks like he went out like a man, something stinks at the Sheriff's office and I am just sitting back and waiting for it to come out. After 20 years of service no one deserves to be treated like this guy was. Mike Scott first reported to the press that this guy had an impeccable career and then Mike Scott used a 4 month old incident to suspend his chief after he retired. Trust me people their is something to this and it smells bad, he wanted to hurt this guy for a reason. I have been around politics for many years, you don't cut your # 2 mans throat unless he is a threat for some reason, this alleged misconduct did not happen over night and I have known Charlie to be a get it done and go to guy at the Sheriff's Office. I also know that every Deputy I have spoken with respected him because he wasn't afraid to work side by side with them, does anyone know the real story why the Sheriff attacked him? This is just wrong!
4/19/2009 9:52:50 AM

04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Judging by the grammar, sentence structure and spelling, along with the fact that Charlie Ferrante is the only person who holds Charlie Ferrante in high regard, it's not hard to figure out who made this post:

Looks like he went out like a man, something stinks at the Sheriff's office and I am just sitting back and waiting for it to come out. After 20 years of service no one deserves to be treated like this guy was. Mike Scott first reported to the press that this guy had an impeccable career and then Mike Scott used a 4 month old incident to suspend his chief after he retired. Trust me people their is something to this and it smells bad, he wanted to hurt this guy for a reason. I have been around politics for many years, you don't cut your # 2 mans throat unless he is a threat for some reason, this alleged misconduct did not happen over night and I have known Charlie to be a get it done and go to guy at the Sheriff's Office. I also know that every Deputy I have spoken with respected him because he wasn't afraid to work side by side with them, does anyone know the real story why the Sheriff attacked him? This is just wrong!

Charlie, I have one thing to say to you and your thug brother: Karma, baby. Karma.

04-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder how many Ferrante's would fit into a clown car at the Circus of Illusions. Pee Bushong will have to ride the elephant. Poor elephant.

04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
It's not the Chief and that kills you doesn't it, he has the respect of US more than the Sheriff had or will ever have. Since he left look at what is happening, the word on the street is it is now worse than when Shoap was in.

Judging by the grammar, sentence structure and spelling, along with the fact that Charlie Ferrante is the only person who holds Charlie Ferrante in high regard, it's not hard to figure out who made this post:

Charlie, I have one thing to say to you and your thug brother: Karma, baby. Karma.

04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
More poor grammar plus more poor sentence structure plus more pro-Charlie sentiments equals another post by the deposed troll.

It's not the Chief and that kills you doesn't it, he has the respect of US more than the Sheriff had or will ever have. Since he left look at what is happening, the word on the street is it is now worse than when Shoap was in.

Hey Charlie - feel the pain. You earned it.

04-20-2009, 12:21 AM
What street is he refering to, certainly not the one I work on, or the people I work with! Good riddance.

04-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Who the F--K are you kidding. If this is truly Charlie Ferrante, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself for the lives you ruined and misuse of your power, resulting in many FAMILIES - which includes their small children, becoming your victim. The only reason why "you" wrote this is because you feel guilty for the ones you did harm, when you got greedy with the power you had. Instead of doing good things and being a true hero to the badge, you disgraced it. You can lie all you want but we know your on depression medicine now and feeling the humiliation that you once bestowed on so many people in the community to cover up all your wrong doing. You know, you talk about looking in the mirror...Well remember this...
" Karma....What goes around- Comes Around"!!!!! You could have only hoped you left people's mind with such heroic thoughts of you.... The only thing that could be more pleasurable is that if I could say this to your face....But I have more important things to do then to waste priceless time that I have with my family on your disrespectful self. You know good and well YOU DO NOT SLEEP OKAY AT NIGHT - YOU DISGRACE TO THE BADGE. !!!!

04-20-2009, 08:27 PM
You guys are a bunch of tools! You can talk all the trash you want but wait until Charlie get elected Sheriff in 4 years! So laugh and joke for now in your curcus of illusions. Change that you can really believe in is coming in 4 years! Also remember, Karma is a B_tch!

04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Give me a F**king brake Hanson.

You guys are a bunch of tools! You can talk all the trash you want but wait until Charlie get elected Sheriff in 4 years! So laugh and joke for now in your curcus of illusions. Change that you can really believe in is coming in 4 years! Also remember, Karma is a B_tch!

04-20-2009, 10:06 PM

Yeah right. Charlie has a better chance of winning the lotto and getting struck by lightning in the same place twice than getting elected sheriff here. He not only burned bridges here, he burned the workers that might have helped rebuild them.

04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
You are out of your minds! Lets quit all of the in fighteing and bring a real warrior to lead Lee County, Ferrante will make a great Sheriff and the ciizens of Lee county want a change. If you have not betrayed the badge and let politics sway your moral you have nothing to worry about! Charlie has not oked the plan but it will be best for Lee county and LCSO! There will be a website online shorley (Ferranti for Sheriff) and if you would like to donate, I will post it soon.

04-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Charlie,

We support you! Make a run! You have FMPD's support!

Union

04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
OK, people - In unison this time: Another post with poor sentence structure, poor grammar and poor spelling along with pro-Charlie sentiments means what? That's right - the diminutive one is behind his itsy bitsy wittle keyboard again.

You are out of your minds! Lets quit all of the in fighteing and bring a real warrior to lead Lee County, Ferrante will make a great Sheriff and the ciizens of Lee county want a change. If you have not betrayed the badge and let politics sway your moral you have nothing to worry about! Charlie has not oked the plan but it will be best for Lee county and LCSO! There will be a website online shorley (Ferranti for Sheriff) and if you would like to donate, I will post it soon.

Oh, and since it's a four syllable word, Charlie, we'll help you out by providing a definition:

diminutive: exceptionally or notably small : tiny <a diminutive performer>

04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Ha Ha Ha... bound to win with FMPD's support, they know how to pick winners. Can't wait to see that website though....LOL

04-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I have to agree Charlie would make a great Sheriff. Let me guess nobody likes Charlie because he tells you like it is. He is not a politician but a cop. So his brother has a small attitude, big deal, has he ever sunk any cop in our agency NO!!. He was trying to get guns for his Gang Unit so they would not be underpowered. Oh he pushed the paperwork through and Hero Ford wanted to put his signature and be part of the heroism.

Charlie wears the uniform likes everybody else, he out there on all major scenes, especially when a deputy or cop gets hurt, he does traffic stops, and backs his guys. Pro Cop, pro active policing style, But everybody out there who bashes him knows nothing about his character only what you hear or formulate. He gets the job done and puts up with no BS. This agency has always run on bullcrap, from when Wannaka was here and now to Mike Scott

Look what has happened since Charlie and Dominick left the building, all you guys are affected by the movements. Ask around who got bounced out of the Marine Unit, Agriculture Unit, which Sgt, Lt and Capt got moved here and there.

But lets blame all this on Charlie. You dont have the sense or guts to find the truth. These moves were in the works since January folks NEWSFLASH January

You should now be worried about who is in command now and watch your backs. Watch who you say things to, where you say them and how you say them. Who you thought were your friends today and going to be your boss tomorrow.

Go ahead now and respond with the anti charlie comments. Make sure you know what you are talking about and ask yourself HOW WAS I EVER AFFECTED BY CHARLIE IN A NEGATIVE WAY.

04-22-2009, 02:27 AM
I have to agree with whoever you are. I am now retired from LCSO and my kid works there now. I knew Charlie when he was in Warrants and he never hurt anybody. He always wanted to put the bad guy in jail. Dominick and Charlie were the first two on a plane years ago to either North Carolina or some mountain state to help look for lost Lee County Child that was vacationing with his family. They did not even know this child.

Many of the employees at LCSO are jealous, self centered and all they care about is themselves and their retirement. Its a shame that they bash one another and the people they are jealous of. The deputies and working men are running scared now and afraid to do their jobs. Good luck Charlie and Dominick This incident happened for a reason and I know it was for a good reason, you deserve better than what you had to deal with prior to your departure.

04-22-2009, 02:44 AM
You should now be worried about who is in command now and watch your backs. Watch who you say things to, where you say them and how you say them. Who you thought were your friends today and going to be your boss tomorrow.

If you always watch what you say, where and to who - there's no need to worry about who's in command.

Go ahead now and respond with the anti charlie comments. Make sure you know what you are talking about and ask yourself HOW WAS I EVER AFFECTED BY CHARLIE IN A NEGATIVE WAY.

Mmmm, I'm sure there are plenty who could cite examples... my own self included. Once again, thank God I'm retired!

04-22-2009, 03:33 AM
OK, First of all, Charlie - What's up with the polar bear couch? That's a safety hazard at your house - you could sink down into that thing and nobody would ever find you.

Secondly, it wasn't too smart to grant your first ever TV interview to the channel where baldo-o did the traffic news for years - this is more evidence of your stupidity.

And thirdly - I love seeing you squirm. Squirm, baby, squirm. You are suffering now because of the suffering you inflicted on others.

How does it feel?

I HOPE IT HURTS LIKE H*LL.

04-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Yes NOW you should be worried, because it was never that way under chaalie's rein of tyranny.!

I mean there was never any need to worry about what, where, and who you said something to when good ol' chaalie was here! [/sarcasm] lmao

04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
This is too funny, Charlie for Sheriff.
The FDLE and FBI to clean up.

Well why not, this stupid nation elected Obama and Obama will hand us over to our enemies!

04-22-2009, 11:53 PM

I hope Charlie can 'shorley' find someone better than you to run his "(Ferranti for Sheriff)" website when you can't even spell his name - LMAO - Again with such poor spelling and grammar, it must be the dwarf himself.

04-23-2009, 12:13 AM
You are real tool! You must be an SRO or better yet, you could not pass the test to get certified as a teacher so you became a Deputy. No disrespect to the SRO's, be you have an imposter in your ranks! You are more worried about the words on the booking sheet than the arrest itself! Stay out of grown folks business, you tool!