PDA

View Full Version : S4's

04-06-2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/community/n ... 3145.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/community/news/delraybeach/sfl-delray-police-speeding-p0405pnapr05,0,5153145.story)

Police Officer Michael Brown is under internal investigation for his second crash since joining the department in 2007, records show.

On March 11, Brown was on his way to a burglary call but did not have his emergency lights or sirens on, police said. Brown, 23, crashed into a Toyota driven by a 55-year-old woman at Southeast 10th Street and Federal Highway.

The woman suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, police said. They did not release her name.

The police department is reviewing its emergency procedures to determine whether Brown was following departmentstandards.

Brown's first crash after joining the department was July 25, 2008, when he rear-ended a vehicle in the 100 block of Southwest 14th Avenue, records show. No one was injured, but the crash damaged both vehicles.

"I took my eyes off the road and was looking into the field," Brown wrote in a statement to his supervisor about the crash.

He said when he looked back at the road, a Toyota "was parked in the middle of the roadway" and he hit it.

Brown got a verbal reprimand for the crash, records show.

That crash occurred about five years after his driver's license was suspended for speeding.

In October 2003, in Newfane, N.Y., Brown was cited with driving 45 mph in a 35 mph zone, records show. Brown wrote in his application to the police department that he had his license for less than six months and his license was suspended for 60 days because he received a speeding ticket within that time.

Delray Beach police could not be reached to comment, despite attempts by phone and e-mail.

Brown's most recent work review describes him as a good officer with high marks in dependability and effort.

"Officer Brown is extremely eager to learn, is enthusiastic about his profession and displays a positive attitude," his January performance appraisal states.

"I believe that my relentless patrols of the city and the multiple arrests I have contributed have made us a better organization," Brown wrote in his appraisal.

Jerome Burdi can be reached at jburdi@SunSentinel.com or 561-243-6531.

yanks
04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Someone needs to tell this kid he not on the tv show cops!!!...Someone really needs to sit down with him and have a talk. Hope this is a wakeup call, he really needs to settle down.

04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm sure he wont listen

04-09-2009, 04:15 AM
that kid is a lost cause. he will never..... learn, nor will this department. mark my words he's going to s5 someone.

07-04-2009, 06:00 PM
i heard this kid really turned himself around lately. he is really making a name for himself now and seems to be going places. any truth to this???

07-13-2009, 08:51 AM
none, making a name for himself in the wrong way...

07-16-2009, 02:57 AM
hey mike tell your mommy to stay off the web site

07-18-2009, 02:11 AM
He's really turned it around... Went from car crashes to armed robbery. The turning it all around is based on him getting away with 2 scoops and no charges.

07-18-2009, 06:51 AM
whats the two scoops thing all about and armed robbery?