PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Is Needed

MyOpinionMatters
04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum but not so new to Highlands County. Born and raised in “The City of Charm” which, I have come to believe is full of fruit loops. I am currently a college student and I am looking for some general opinions on a subject I have picked for an expository essay. The topic is…

Should there be harsher punishments for law enforcement officers on some crimes and more lenient punishments for other crimes?

I have seen some officers go to jail, when they have never been arrested before, and yet seen someone who has been arrested time and time again commit the very same crime and go home a few hours later. Yet, I’ve seen officers get arrested for crimes that should have been a “Go straight to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200” crimes and they are walking around.

I would like some general opinions, please no bashing, I am going to use some of these comments for further research and possible citing in my report.

04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
LEO's should not be treated any different than the public. If the charge says go to jail then they should go to jail. I know we are held to a higher standard but we are still human just like everyone else.