PDA

View Full Version : SCSO Information

gatorbait11
03-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey guys,

Just a few questions for my fellow LEO’s that work at SCSO. I am submitting an application and wanted some feedback and info from some deputies on how SCSO is. How is the FTO program and FTO deputies? How long does the hiring process take? How is the call load is is it 7-10 case reports a night less or more and is there many opportunities for OT?

Thanks

04-18-2009, 12:44 AM
FTO s four phases and if you have experience it can be modified. Working conditions are good and we have great equipment. We have had raises every year and the Sheriff is willing to fight the County Commission to get them for us. While pay at other agencies may be better, this is a good place to work. We have no union and do not need one. Sheriff is fare and actually cares about his employees. I am sure somebody will chirp in about the benefits of the union and as previous member of the FOP, I agree they can be beneficial if there is a chance the administration may screw you over but as I said, Sheriff looks out for us and discipline is handed out fairly. OT is availale via extra shifts as well as off duty work. Hope this helps...

09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
FTO s four phases and if you have experience it can be modified. Working conditions are good and we have great equipment. We have had raises every year and the Sheriff is willing to fight the County Commission to get them for us. While pay at other agencies may be better, this is a good place to work. We have no union and do not need one. Sheriff is fare and actually cares about his employees. I am sure somebody will chirp in about the benefits of the union and as previous member of the FOP, I agree they can be beneficial if there is a chance the administration may screw you over but as I said, Sheriff looks out for us and discipline is handed out fairly. OT is availale via extra shifts as well as off duty work. Hope this helps...

Not sure what planet the above poster is on, or what sheriffs office hes working for, but what is posted above is a FAT LIE!

Working conditions are good Yea, do yourself a favor and just ask most patrol deputies, court deputies, SROs, or pretty much anyone other then a few that are in the knight golden camp. working conditions sux more now then ever! just take a look at whos in charge!

We have had raises every year and the Sheriff is willing to fight the County Commission to get them for us What sheriff are you talking about? knight didn't put up any fight! as a matter of fact, he rolled over and lied saying we were all behind not getting raises which is pure BS. he is the sheriff because these commissioners wanted him. he owes them and will never fight for us. if we get a raise, its because the commissioners want us to have one, not our sheriff. our last sheriff was a nut case, however at least he DID fight for a raise.

We have no union and do not need one obviously you can understand who would make such an idiotic posting like this! knights plan to take down the union has worked but we need a new union who will fight for us like other county's. obviously someone posting that is far up knights butt.

Sheriff is fare and actually cares about his employees :roll: :roll: You are kidding? Yea, he ran for sheriff saying he'd be fair, but lied! when he said he'd do away with specialty promotions, what he meant to say was "select specialty promotions". meaning those who didnt support or donate to him would be demoted and those who gave would be renamed to newly created "Inspector" positions with the same lieutenants pay they were getting. still they failed seargenst tests! Yea, he's real FAIR!

bottom line is this poster is in administration and is LYING to you. don't believe me, just ask those who do the job!

09-14-2009, 02:27 AM
I am not sure who the above poster is speaking about but obviously he has his departments confused as we do not have anyone in charge named Knight. Last time I looked at my check, Don Eslinegr signed it.