PDA

View Full Version : Lee County Sheriff's Office restructures hierarchy

03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office has named a new person at the helm of the agency’s law enforcement bureau. While Sheriff Mike Scott is still the top cop, rather than have a chief deputy, there will be two colonels instead of one to answer to him, according to sheriff’s spokesman Larry King.

Major Rob Homan, formerly a patrol bureau commander, has been promoted to colonel over the law enforcement bureau. Colonel Michael Waite remains in charge of corrections operations. Prior to Homan’s appointment, the sheriff’s office was structured so that underneath the sheriff, there was a chief deputy — a position held for more than four years by Charles Ferrante.

Ferrante announced his retirement days before he was placed on administrative leave for allegations of intimidation and falsifying records. That announcement came days after Ferrante’s brother, Dominick Ferrante, captain of the special operations bureau, resigned amid allegations of untruthfulness.

Homan, 59, has been with the agency since 1991.

Now moving into his former position is Gil Allen, 57, who was previously captain of the sheriff’s south district, and now holds the title of patrol bureau major.

Moving into Allen’s former position will be Kathy Rairden, 37, who has been with the agency since 1993, most recently as lieutenant of internal affairs.

Further details and the finalization of the restructuring will be released by the sheriff’s office later today.

03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
This posted here before the Press Release. Some one on the inside?

Sounds like back to basics.

03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
What no skin heads? No attitude that I’m better than all of you? At least the almost bald heads are natural.

03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
What no skin heads? No attitude that I’m better than all of you? At least the almost bald heads are natural.

Mike Scott would look a lot more professional if he let his remaining hair grow out a few millimeters and kept it trimmed short and neat. The smooth shaved bald dude look is so last century.

03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
I WONDER HOW MANY WILL LET THEIR HAIR GROW OUT? THE SKINHEADS ARE ON THE WAY OUT.

03-27-2009, 04:21 AM
"FBI" Bob has to be close now. Good Luck

03-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Captain Gene Sims has been promoted to Major of Special Operation Division. More changes to come!

03-28-2009, 08:59 PM
THAT is fantastic! I am so happy for him!!!

03-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Captain Gene Sims has been promoted to Major of Special Operation Division. More changes to come!
What happened to that great pick of ciresi, i thought he was the major, or is he bounced back back to writing tickets

03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
What happened to that great pick of ciresi, i thought he was the major, or is he bounced back back to writing tickets

Ciresi has been demoted to Captain, he's now commander of Echo district. Sims got his job and he got bumped back to Sims old position. LOL

03-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Ciresi’s the one who accused Partington of lying, if you’ll remember. This happened right after the Sponge went off on Partington in an e-mail and then ran crying like a sissy girl to big brother Chaalie.

03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
The thug brothers and their sidekicks like Ciresi ruined a whole lot of lcso careers before being stopped. Ford, Hollan, Partington, etc. Chaalie went after Mashmeyer after he caught him googling him. Ford and Hollan were outfall of the Beef O'Brady's party. Ford actually had less than six months to go before retiring. They've affected his income for the rest of his life.

Nice to finally see some karma but it doesn't undo the damage these idiots did to people.

04-01-2009, 12:12 AM
No one really knows what Mash went through. CF really messed with him big time...He may come forward I heard. Mash documented each time they took a breath or peed. Not sure about Karma but...Cersi too.

04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
yea Mashmeyer ha snever told his side of the story. Heard it was unbelievable. Kamp, Homan, Cirfeses, Brooks witnessed some of it.

04-01-2009, 02:52 AM
AND THEY MADE A SGT, WHO DID NOT TEST FOR IT.

04-03-2009, 10:20 PM
WHO WAS THAT?

04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
The Sheriff should feel ashamed that so many good workers left the Agency because of the little knome Chief. The Sheriff was told numerous times about the Chief's actions towards the workers. But the Sheriff chose to hide. Now all the Sheriff has to do to save him some face is to get rid of the people who were put into positions they did not deserve and were not quailified for. Maybe the LCSO can get their good name back.

04-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Gosssman is a rat also. He was as with CF

04-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Lets make this a correct statement. Gossman, Taggert, Kyle, and all their little buddies....But nastiest part of these little "bottom of shoe" boys are that they are Cowards With a Capital C. They have no balls and they LOVE to do corrupt crap behind your back. Its ones like this and the people they know that you need to wear your vest for.....These are ones - and anyone who supports them and their dirty work.....(Margaret Sigler to be exact) a female giving law enforcement a bad name- ITS ONES LIKE THESE INDIVIDUALS THAT TARNISH THE BADGE AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR!!!!!

04-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Lets make this a correct statement. Gossman, Taggert, Kyle, and all their little buddies....But nastiest part of these little "bottom of shoe" boys are that they are Cowards With a Capital C. They have no balls and they LOVE to do corrupt crap behind your back. Its ones like this and the people they know that you need to wear your vest for.....These are ones - and anyone who supports them and their dirty work.....(Margaret Sigler to be exact) a female giving law enforcement a bad name- ITS ONES LIKE THESE INDIVIDUALS THAT TARNISH THE BADGE AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR!!!!!

Don’t forget about Bruce Sigler, He’s one too.

04-11-2009, 02:50 PM

DONT FORGET SNEEKY MALAGON !!!!

04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
You mean the biker wanabe Shark?
:devil:

DONT FORGET SNEEKY MALAGON !!!!

04-12-2009, 03:38 AM
THE ONE AND ONLY

[quote=Guest]Gosssman is a rat also. He was as with CF

DONT FORGET SNEEKY MALAGON !!!![/quote:2oapw97y]

04-12-2009, 01:37 PM
As a retired cop for 20+ years and Union Rep (not for LCSO out of State) this is definitely getting out of control, I have been following this in the paper over the last few weeks and reading these posts, what has our brotherhood come too? Your Sheriff is misusing his office and none of you see it, all you are doing is getting on the band wagon and attacking each other rather than banding together and forming a union so you are not the next victim. Lets look at some facts here that everyone is dodging and put personal feelings aside how you feel about the brother officers dismissed.

The first Captain dismissed was given no investigation and forced to take a polygraph, this is a major violation and can happen to anyone of you.
A Chief who officially retires after serving for 20 years is suspended like a criminal for something that happened over 4 months ago do you really believe the Sheriff just found out about it or is their a hidden agenda?
A Lieutenant is demoted for using the word ass 2 months prior and then fired for called a friend a bad word off duty?
A major is demoted for no reason and has $21, 000 taken from him?

Guys I’m nothing but a retired cop but I do believe in the brotherhood and always will, I just think you all need to smarten up and use your cop instincts to figure out there is more to this story and these guys were gunned by your sheriff for a reason that has yet to come out. You also need to realize that another group could be next if they cross this man, ban together strenght in numbers and keep the brotherhood alive. This might be entertainment to you now but it won’t be if you are the next victim, band together and start a union now before it’s too late. Be safe.

04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
As a retired cop for 20+ years and Union Rep (not for LCSO out of State) this is definitely getting out of control, I have been following this in the paper over the last few weeks and reading these posts, what has our brotherhood come too? Your Sheriff is misusing his office and none of you see it, all you are doing is getting on the band wagon and attacking each other rather than banding together and forming a union so you are not the next victim. Lets look at some facts here that everyone is dodging and put personal feelings aside how you feel about the brother officers dismissed.

The first Captain dismissed was given no investigation and forced to take a polygraph, this is a major violation and can happen to anyone of you.
A Chief who officially retires after serving for 20 years is suspended like a criminal for something that happened over 4 months ago do you really believe the Sheriff just found out about it or is their a hidden agenda?
A Lieutenant is demoted for using the word ass 2 months prior and then fired for called a friend a bad word off duty?
A major is demoted for no reason and has $21, 000 taken from him?

Guys I’m nothing but a retired cop but I do believe in the brotherhood and always will, I just think you all need to smarten up and use your cop instincts to figure out there is more to this story and these guys were gunned by your sheriff for a reason that has yet to come out. You also need to realize that another group could be next if they cross this man, ban together strenght in numbers and keep the brotherhood alive. This might be entertainment to you now but it won’t be if you are the next victim, band together and start a union now before it’s too late. Be safe.

Your exactly right. The deputies here have no sense of balls or standing up for their own rights. They just snicker when their friends get fired and act as if they are better. "Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything"

04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
So waht can we do? Dont say Union. I am talking about people Ferrantes and Cerise did. Who is going to speak for them. And dont say them because they wont. Someone needs to look at all the demotions, IA investigations, forced to resign, fired, humiliated, lied to and about, battered reputations etc. The last five years needs to be looked at under Charlie's control. Mike has the chance to do that. If not maybe some other agency needs to step in? I dont know the answer. Anyone? Maybe we all can root for at least a couple people? Maybe this blog can be put to GOOD use?

04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Why is Ceresi asking for a public hearing? Will the Sheriff have to testify at it regarding his reasons for the demotion?

04-16-2009, 02:40 AM
I always knew Ciresi was dumb as a box of rocks. He's like Earl's brother Randy only with the endearing thing going for him:

Press Release
Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Notice Of Public Hearing
SCOTT CIRESI,

Appellant,

v.

MIKE SCOTT, SHERIFF OF LEE
COUNTY, FLORIDA

Appellee
_______________________________________/

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

TO: General Public Barry Hillmyer, Esq.
Lee County Sheriff's Office
Doug Wilson, Esquire 14750 Six Mile Cypress Parkway
The Wilson Law Firm Fort Myers, FL 33912
616 Sanctuary Road

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a Civil Service Board Hearing is as follows:

BEFORE: Lee County Sheriff's Office Civil Service Board
PLACE : Old Lee County Courthouse
2120 Main Street, East Room
Fort Myers, FL 33901
DATE : May 27, 2009
TIME : 1:00 p.m.

or as soon thereafter as may be heard.

PLEASE BE GOVERNED ACCORDINGLY.

04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Why do you think Ciresi is dumb? Why did you post his hearing notice? You think he is dumb for requesting a hearing with the Civil Service Board?

I think he should be commended and applauded for going to the Civil Service Board. The man was demoted for a BS reason and then Mike lied to the media and said the demotion ad nothing to do with anything and was just a normal part of the restructuring. More people need to use the CS Board. We need to send a message to the administration that we are not going to just bend over and take whatever they give us without a fight. This attitude of "I'm just lucky to have a job" has to stop.

The next step has to be getting a union in here. It doesn't matter if it is PBA, FOP, or the Teamsters, we just need someone to help us protect our rights. A good solid union would stopped Chahlie in his tracks a long time ago. When these Sheriffs and administrators tell us we "better not even think about getting a union" is when we should double and triple our efforts to get one. Why we are content to act like sheep is something I never understood.

04-16-2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.flpba.org/

http://www.grandlodgefop.org/

http://www.foplodge33.com/

http://www.teamster.org/content/teamste ... t-league-0 (http://www.teamster.org/content/teamsters-law-enforcement-league-0)

04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Why do you think Ciresi is dumb? Why did you post his hearing notice? You think he is dumb for requesting a hearing with the Civil Service Board?

I think he should be commended and applauded for going to the Civil Service Board. The man was demoted for a BS reason and then Mike lied to the media and said the demotion ad nothing to do with anything and was just a normal part of the restructuring. More people need to use the CS Board. We need to send a message to the administration that we are not going to just bend over and take whatever they give us without a fight. This attitude of "I'm just lucky to have a job" has to stop.

The next step has to be getting a union in here. It doesn't matter if it is PBA, FOP, or the Teamsters, we just need someone to help us protect our rights. A good solid union would stopped Chahlie in his tracks a long time ago. When these Sheriffs and administrators tell us we "better not even think about getting a union" is when we should double and triple our efforts to get one. Why we are content to act like sheep is something I never understood.

You idiots knew what you were getting into when you raised your right hand to take the oath at the sheriffs office. You work at the will of the Sheriff. You have been saying unions for years but nobody has the nuts to start it up. Get off the toilet and get it started already if not stop talking about it

04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Does anybody know what jim Erb did to get thrown back on the road?

04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Does anybody know what jim Erb did to get thrown back on the road?
:roll:

Erb did nothing wrong, I hear it is because Shevitski doesnt like him. Thats also why the Agricultural guys were thrown out of the unit, also they wrote the friend of the Sheriff's a ticket for his cows getting loose. I still cant believe that dumb redneck got promoted to captain, another politica payback :cop:

04-16-2009, 08:26 PM
WHO WAS THAT?

Joe Caiazza on Boca Grande a friend of Morgan Bowdens, why bother even taking test anymore, you dont even have to be on the list.

04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe the Sheriff found out Erb threw Charlies PC in the drink. Desrosirs knows about it. Right Gary?

04-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Maybe the Sheriff found out Erb threw Charlies PC in the drink. Desrosirs knows about it. Right Gary?

Come on dont leave us hangin here what did Erb do?

04-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Charlie had Erb and two other deputies (rookis at the time) throw a PC in to the bay. The PC belonged to CF. Desrosiers convinced the then Chief that was the thing to do. Erb nver dummped it. Rumer has it that he still has it. Mike...you may want to check into that.

04-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I heard the reason that Erb is back on the road is because of the pc he threw in the water. Apparently it had some information Charlie didnt want to get out. Maybe about a certain lawsuit that is pending :?: :evil:

04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe erb should take a lie detector test. IA should look into this!

04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Which lawsuit? There are some from 15 years ago still going.

04-18-2009, 01:48 AM
I heard the reason that Erb is back on the road is because of the pc he threw in the water. Apparently it had some information Charlie didnt want to get out. Maybe about a certain lawsuit that is pending :?: :evil:
If the Shark were to swim around the bay possibly him & Raggs could come up with the pc.

04-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Does anybody know why the AG deputies got moved around also?

04-18-2009, 08:03 PM
As far as the AG guys go that were moved I heard it is because they honestly dont get along w/Rex. As for the pc in the water I believe that is because of Schipanskys lawsuit..The Chief was a HUGE part of it,as a matter of fact he was the whole reason the IA started..little man cant keep his mouth under control. As for that lawsuit its NOT over yet. :devil:

04-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Derochers unhooked Charlie's PC...he knows. Why did he go to the road?

04-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Ask Hanson what happened to the pc is he knows!

04-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Someone needs to give up the PC info. You dont have to id yourself. Lets actually solve something here. Cops do that ya know!? Where is the PC, who witnessed it get dumped, why did it get dumped, who was the victim, etc.

04-26-2009, 02:31 AM
What a bunch of gossiping girls.

05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
And Joe Bass

DONT FORGET SNEEKY MALAGON !!!![/quote:1efyqk1p]

05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't want to sound gay or anything, but unicorns are AWESOME!

05-10-2009, 12:43 AM
PC...in the deep blue sea
Hanson knows...tossed with glee
Charlie's glad...now no one knows
bout pictures on it...thar she blows

06-04-2009, 03:12 PM

AMEN :evil:

11-14-2011, 05:08 AM

AMEN :evil:[/quote:2azvbwwm]

Gossman, Taggart, Kyle, J. Cantrell and Sigler = Useless game players - always wanting to put someone in the target, someone to pick on for fun because they might be a threat. It helps that the Sheriff lives right down the street too, they are all buddies! Glad Gossman and Sigler left!!!! Kyle - LT? What a joke, someone please pull up the report of him working the beach when he was lying about chasing a subject on foot when he was busted running in place (by another Deputy) screaming on the radio! I am sure his brother the judge in Lee County has nothing to do with his clout there since his intelligence level is zip. Taggart - How he sleeps at night is beyond me. His targeting certain people on his shift and making their lives miserable or bad mouthing people on other shifts, to include brass. He is the KING of the Hick Party there in Alpha. Has anyone ever pulled up a report/booking sheet he wrote when he was a deputy? 1st grade intelligence level at best! And how many people know about him picking up (and getting caught) prostitutes in Tice when he was a Corrections Officer (swept under the rug)? I have heard the story from many elders. Must have really lost it when his wife left him for another woman. J-Rod Cantrell - Need I really say anything here? He believes himself to be the all knowing Jabba the Hut (he looks the part) when he is so full of crap, it is laughable. How can one get away with doing NOTHING all day and still be there? Will someone PLEASE investigate his time sheets and how much time he really spends doing work. He has been ripping off LCSO for years. Meetings that he never attends, Court Time is extended dramatically when he wasn't even there, etc. He is as much as a joke as I have ever seen. And while we are at it, let's take a good close look at his family's Jaime's Towing and the association with Alpha District. Above the law? You betcha!

11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
The house that MS built. Gotta love it baby!
Ingnorance will get you anywhere in this agency.

12-15-2011, 04:54 AM
How's our Union working out for us. Really. A union is not going to save us. There is no binding arbitration in this state. MS will have the final say no all complaints and contracts.

You're all a bunch of tools for voting in the union!!!!!! :devil:

12-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Wait. Just wait. So, let's see... Cape, FM, and Naples all make more than us... Yes, the economy sucks but Naples just signed a 9% raise over 3 years... Not much but concider the 33% raise before that. Yes, blah, blah, blah... they lost 9% last year... Math: Up 24% still; now they will get the 9%... Math: Up 33%. And again, these agencies make much more than LCSO. You must love not having a raise for the past 4 years - oh, wait, 5 years now... Politics are a 8itch!

12-15-2011, 06:43 AM
And YOU are the tool...