PDA

View Full Version : Chief's Gun Stolen From Vehicle

03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Story by wesh.com

ORLANDO, Fla. --

Orlando Police Chief Val Demings became a crime victim herself when her service weapon was stolen last month.

Authorities said the weapon was taken from her city vehicle on Feb. 27.

The theft did not become public until a tipster called the Orlando Sentinel on Tuesday.

Demings said it was the first time she had her service weapon stolen in 25 years in law enforcement. She said she does not usually store her gun in her car.

Demings said she followed policy and had hidden her gun from plain view.

03-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Whats the big deal. She "ain't" the first OPD cop this has happened to. Hell, is she even the first this year. This is just another media attempt to trash the chief.

03-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Whats the big deal. She "ain't" the first OPD cop this has happened to. Hell, is she even the first this year. This is just another media attempt to trash the chief.

The "big deal" is our tax dollars will now be used to buy her ANOTHER ONE. Oh yeah, some criminal has a nice gun to victimize people with.

That's the big deal.

03-26-2009, 05:10 AM

The "big deal" is our tax dollars will now be used to buy her ANOTHER ONE. Oh yeah, some criminal has a nice gun to victimize people with.

That's the big deal.

Two points "sir"...

1) Wow..are you on the FOP board cause you sure seem angry

2) If you actually do live in the CITY limits and it's actually YOUR tax dollars that she lost, can you please pay a lil' more on your property taxes this year so I can still get my raise...please...just a lil' bit...please.

03-26-2009, 03:47 PM

You are right she may not be the first of the year. My only question is why was the alarm on that new Tahoe not set. If my weapons were stolen from my patrol car and it was found I did not set the alarm its my A@@.

03-26-2009, 09:52 PM

You are right she may not be the first of the year. My only question is why was the alarm on that new Tahoe not set. If my weapons were stolen from my patrol car and it was found I did not set the alarm its my A@@.

Hey buddy, if your weapons were stolen from your patrol car and it was found you did not set your alarm its not your a@@,....its called SUSTAINED and for the first ones a VERBAL. I will venture to bet her punishment will be worse than yours....thats IF it's found out that shes telling it the way it happened!

:devil:

03-26-2009, 11:59 PM
I am interested in knowing why with all the budgets cuts a Police Chief driving a gas guzzling Tahoe? Is this really necessary??

03-27-2009, 12:12 AM

Hey buddy, if your weapons were stolen from your patrol car and it was found you did not set your alarm its not your a@@,....its called SUSTAINED and for the first ones a VERBAL. I will venture to bet her punishment will be worse than yours....thats IF it's found out that shes telling it the way it happened!

:devil:
Sounds like someone touched a nerve. I guess your weapons are some of the ones floating around the area, Mr. SUSTAINED.

03-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Nope, just a fact stated by someone with more than 5 minutes on the department :lol: