PDA

View Full Version : Lee sheriff's lieutenant on administrative leave

03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
A Lee sheriff’s lieutenant has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.
Lt. Lee Bushong, 34, who oversees the agency’s Intelligence Unit, was placed on leave Tuesday.
No details of the investigation are being released at this point.
Bushong has been a member of the agency since 1998.
The Intelligence Unit, which falls under the Special Operations Bureau, includes the gang unit, homeland security, Comstat, analytical support, career support and Crimestoppers. Bushong is also a member of the regional Joint Terrorism Task Force.
It is not clear how long the investigation may last.
As of last year, Bushong’s reported annual salary was $59,619.
Along with Bushong, the sheriff’s Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante is on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation which partially involves allegations of intimidation and falsifying documents. Days before Ferrante was placed on plaid administrative leave, he had announced his retirement. Days before that, his brother, Capt. Dominick Ferrante, resigned after failing a polygraph test following an altercation with a fellow deputy.

03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=84589

buddy we're glad you read the paper but old newz

03-19-2009, 11:40 PM

Sheriff MS is doing great, and wait theres more to come. I cant wait, because maybe and i say MAYBE rude people will be out of here, Sheriff you are doing great cleaning house, first certified and then the rude civilians, there are tons of them. After all this is over, the Sheriff's Office will be AWESOME.

03-19-2009, 11:53 PM

Sheriff MS is doing great, and wait theres more to come. I cant wait, because maybe and i say MAYBE rude people will be out of here, Sheriff you are doing great cleaning house, first certified and then the rude civilians, there are tons of them. After all this is over, the Sheriff's Office will be AWESOME.

Yeah, because it will be just you and Mike 65-ing calls around the county.

03-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Yeah, because it will be just you and Mike 65-ing calls around the county.

LOL What are you saying, that everyone at the sheriffs office besides Mike Scott is rude or corrupt?

03-20-2009, 05:55 AM
This could save Lee County thousands of dollars due to the reduction of expenses for the uniform material needed to cover the backside of L.B.

03-20-2009, 06:49 AM
I have a feeling that when this is all said and done, Mike himself, might be implicated in a thing or two. You can't have THIS MUCH CRAP going on in your department without knowing or turning a blind eye to it. And one is as bad as the other in that case.

And, while the media has reported that Bushong has nothing to do with Ferrante. I know better. His LEAVE has nothing to do with Ferrante. His demotion has EVERYTHING to do with it.

It's all coming to bear.

03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I have a feeling that when this is all said and done, Mike himself, might be implicated in a thing or two. You can't have THIS MUCH CRAP going on in your department without knowing or turning a blind eye to it. And one is as bad as the other in that case.

It's all coming to bear.

This is absolutely key to the whole thing. The man cannot claim ignorance because in doing so he admits to being an incompenent leader who has his head in his ass while his employees are being bullied and mistreated and his agency is in turmoil. This might fly if a shift commander was abusing an individual deputy but when his number two and all of his cronies are abusing employees on a wholesale level then the sheriff cannot help but know whats goining on. MS is either incompetant or implicit. There is no other option. His high and mighty "fire them all!" posturing about lying and dishonesty will be tested and disproven inthe coming weeks. The man is a phony because he will have to admit he lied about not knowing what was happening or admit that he is not competent to hold the office he holds. Either way he will be obigated to resign or let history show him to be the biggest hypocrite walking. What do you think hapens to the CEO of a company when the shareholders find out he has allowed the company to become bankrupt and didn't know it was happeing?

03-20-2009, 11:19 PM
What do you think hapens to the CEO of a company when the shareholders find out he has allowed the company to become bankrupt and didn't know it was happeing?On the way out the door he collects his contracts multi million dollar golden parachute payout.

03-21-2009, 02:21 AM
What do you think hapens to the CEO of a company when the shareholders find out he has allowed the company to become bankrupt and didn't know it was happeing?On the way out the door he collects his contracts multi million dollar golden parachute payout.

He's still on the way out, right? :devil:

03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Here is the long and short of it all. Someone got way to close to a secret being guarded entirely to closely. I will tell you that MS is not the pristine person everyone thinks he is. Someone is pulling his strings and he is gladly dancing to a tune very different than that prior to the election.
What a better way to cover a secret than to discredit everyone who knows about it. The great thing is I know of two outside sources that have caught wind and are sniffing around. Go to WinkNews and Naples Daily News and draw your own conclusions.
Read the writing on the wall, MS. I fear the truth might be near.

10-18-2012, 10:24 AM
A Lee sheriff’s lieutenant has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.
Lt. Lee Bushong, 34, who oversees the agency’s Intelligence Unit, was placed on leave Tuesday.
No details of the investigation are being released at this point.
Bushong has been a member of the agency since 1998.
The Intelligence Unit, which falls under the Special Operations Bureau, includes the gang unit, homeland security, Comstat, analytical support, career support and Crimestoppers. Bushong is also a member of the regional Joint Terrorism Task Force.
It is not clear how long the investigation may last.
As of last year, Bushong’s reported annual salary was $59,619.
Along with Bushong, the sheriff’s Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante is on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation which partially involves allegations of intimidation and falsifying documents. Days before Ferrante was placed on plaid administrative leave, he had announced his retirement. Days before that, his brother, Capt. Dominick Ferrante, resigned after failing a polygraph test following an altercation with a fellow deputy.