PDA

View Full Version : Real LEO's???

heavanonearth
03-17-2009, 11:48 PM
This department would definetly be served better by Pinellas SO or EVEN SPPD! At least SPPD has a legitimate IA process to oversee the crooked LEO's!

I believe the citizens who pay big money to have their own prestigious Police department should wake up the current Chief to what makes a trustworthy officer and then schedule a meeting with the city manager to let him know how the daily dirty secrets get swept underneath the stairs. This is the same Chief that teaches Franklin Covey's 7 Habits for Public Safety Professionals, wow....maybe someone needs to review the cliff notes? :cop:

03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
This department would definetly be served better by Pinellas SO or EVEN SPPD! At least SPPD has a legitimate IA process to oversee the crooked LEO's!

I believe the citizens who pay big money to have their own prestigious Police department should wake up the current Chief to what makes a trustworthy officer and then schedule a meeting with the city manager to let him know how the daily dirty secrets get swept underneath the stairs. This is the same Chief that teaches Franklin Covey's 7 Habits for Public Safety Professionals, wow....maybe someone needs to review the cliff notes? :cop:

Shove it, punk!

03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
EXACTLY.....That's what I'm saying "they" are doing. Shoving IT. Just a little food for thought. Now talks amungst yourselfs. PCSO needs to move in over the bridge and take over. :shock:

03-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Negative... I wrk for PCSO and we're barely holdin' on ourselves. Let them alone, dude....

03-19-2009, 08:52 AM
What IA's ???? This is St Pete Beach not St Petersburg or Sheriff :roll:

deputydawg13
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
heavenonearth.... You don't toss the baby out with the bath water. While you have a good point about the top people, don't throw the whole department away for a handful of people. I agree with your premise, but your solution is WORSE than the problem. Those citizens do not need the PCSO or SPPD taking over.

St Pete Beach PD has a good, solid core of police officers in that city, and they take care of their citizens (tourists as well). And don't believe the Sheriff's promise that he will give them all jobs, he can't even afford the deputies he has working for him now, for pete's sake.

And, they DEFINITELY do not, I repeat - DO NOT - need St Pete PD and their myriad of problems. St Pete does NOT back their poor officers - at all. I'm surprised they all don't walk out in huge clumps. This is not a slam against the officers that actually work on the street - the problem with SPPD is their top echelon.

So, while I agree with you to a point - look at the real issue (the administration and the problem officer(s) - I assume this is what you are implying), and don't disrespect the officers that do their job honorably by clumping them in with the problem people (be it administration or other less than honorable officer/s).

03-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Come on, guys! "It's just another day in paradise!" Isn't that what the big guy upstairs tells everyone?