PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get new radio batteries

03-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Getting new radio batteries is like pulling teeth. The Training Department can afford a new tricked out range control vehicle, but we cannot get batteries to do our job. They complain that we are not doing enough 10-50s, well maybe we would do more if we had reliable hand helds. I have the same batteries from the first ma/com I was issued, never had new ones. I have asked for new ones but have to jump through hoops to get them, THEY DO NOT WORK OR HOLD CHARGES, THEY WILL NOT CHARGE. I have tried all of your tricks, I WANT NEW BATTERIES. This is an officer safety issue. How can you expect us to go 10-50 in the middle of no where with a hand held that does not work due to old batteries that we cannot get replacements for. That is my life line if I get in trouble. Get lard butt of the range control vehicle and put him out here with us with a dead radio so he can see what it feels like to be down the road wondering if it is going to last. WAFJ

03-17-2009, 11:41 PM
If you will post your name and duty station and I'll see that you get new ones.

03-18-2009, 12:34 AM
How about making them available to our Chain of Command as needed with out having to play silly games to get them? Chain of Command that is how we are supposed to get things isn't it? How about extra batteries at interstates so that our Sgt's can swap ours out and then condition them and if that does not work then issue new batteries.

03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
The state is short of money, be glad to have a job and stop crying about batteries. Better yet, buy your own. The model number is EPP-BKB1210. Google it, best price is 41 bucks free shipping. For sure you've slacked off more than 41 dollars worth since you've been here.
Now get back in that shack, off the state puter and count them trucks.

03-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Oh yeah the State is short of money, just like they were when they bought the new range control vehicle, or when they bought the big mud tires and fancy wheels to put on it. They had to cut inservice short due to shortage of funds, but at the same time bought that vehicle.

Just because you slack and do not do your job does not mean everybody follows you poor example. Some of us really try to do a good job and earn our paychecks. All we ask in return is the equipment to do so.

Sell the range control vehicle and buy batteries with the money. Lard butt could use a little walking anyway. He has a Tahoe and a golf cart, is this the Florida Department of Agriculture or Toys R His? I hope someone is keeping track of these purchases so they do not go missing when he goes, simguns, paint ball, etc.... Yeah the training is great (Thanks Carl and others), but if we cannot do our job due to the lack of equipment then what good is it.

Disgusted
03-18-2009, 07:49 PM
We can't get the stuff we need because we are in budget crisis, yeah right! That is why we have 2 majors that nobody can tell you what they do. It gets better we hired a Lt. to do the job that 1 of those Majors is suppose to be doing. Then we promote a training Captain to Major for no reason under the sun except to help him out in retirement instead of the officers that really need the help.

03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Life is good boys, when yall get ready for your last few years i hope you have a friend in high places that can help. You rookies should know by now, its who ya know. Not just Ag but all of em. All this cryin might make you feel better but it don't change a thing. Glad ya have a place to vent now get back on that ramp...............

03-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Easy now, Major fatback of training will tell you he rules then paintball your a$$

05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
When we get our "shared" taser we can wire it to our radios and run off those batteries, just watch out for the bite! Haha! Wave 'em on by folks! Don't forget to sign it out from the ramp! :cop:

05-16-2009, 02:45 AM
The tasers will be like the radios, we will not be able to get new batteries when needed. One day someone will need the taser to protect themselves and will deploy it and the batteries will be dead do to the departments failure to properly equip us. I wonder if our ammo has powder in them?

WAFJ

05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Good morning bro, you have plenty of radio batteries and more coming. Listen crybaby, scan a bill of lading and inspect a tomatoe. You didn't get laid off or furloughed either.

05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Why is it when a person tells the truth they are labeled a "crybaby"? Why are they told to do their job and quit whining. Must be somebody in Tally is reading this and found out somebody is not doing his job, so that somebody got his a$$ chewed?

How about this? Instead of telling us what to do, give us the tools we need when we need them to do our job in the safest manner possible. Just order the batteries and distribute them and quit your whining. You kept your job also.

Where are those batteries? I have been asking for over 6 months and have not seen them yet.

Yep I'm crying, as grouchy as some of them are I do like to be able to talk to dispatch with a reliable radio when outside the car while on a 10-50 .

I'll give it two more months and then step it up and see what we can get done outside this department. I believe it could be classified as an officer safety issue. If the union cannot get us a raise in 5 years maybe they can get us some batteries.

05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
You folks need to put your request in writting about the batteries and submit it by the chain of command. I bet you get what you need then. Tally don't know about alot of these issues, but when they do find out you get whats needed for day to day duties. Utilize your email to your sgt and request it go up the chain. If that don't work within 14 days, call the union, this way its not looked at like moaning.

05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Somebody needs to complain about chief Bryan, he never gets anything he says he is going to do. The PBA should get his lazy a$$ straight.

05-25-2009, 10:57 PM
If this is true follow the steps so PBA can help. Someone can't just make accusations and expect a remedy. You first put your name on the request to your immediate superviser and so on. I geuss that means the accusations will continue and nothing will satisfy anyone.

05-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Insted of whining about not getting your batteries, why don't you find out what the problem is. Did you submit your written request form? Is your supervisor sending it up the chain? Did you try asking the girl in Tallahassee for some batteries?
What is that saying... You don't always get what you ask for, but you never get what you don't ask for.

05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Try this, next time you see your fellow officer put his radio in the charger, when he is not looking swap batteries. :devil: :snicker: