PDA

View Full Version : Man claims he was beat up by Ferrante brothers

03-13-2009, 01:36 PM
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - WINK News uncovers allegations that the Ferrante brothers beat up a night club employee in 2002.

Dominick Ferrante was a Captain at the Lee County Sheriff's Office until he resigned suddenly in March.

Charles Ferrante, the Chief Deputy, is on paid leave while the office investigates allegations of misconduct.

In the report, the victim, David Little, was working at the Bamboo Night Club. Little said he tried to break up a fight between Charles and another club patron. He says Charles hit him over the head and Dominik grabbed him from behind. Dominik was working for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at the time.

"He came up from behind and says, 'I'm going to rake this guys eyes out'," said Little.

Little says he then had to fight off another deputy.

"Unfortunately, I had to put him down and in doing so we took control of the situation and finally got them out of the club," said Little.

Little called police, filed a report and wanted to press charges. He said Charles visited him the next day and they had a mediation at the Cape Coral Police Department.

"There was no apology or anything like that. He said if you drop the charges we won't counter charge," said Little.

Little said Ferrante said they would charge him for hitting a deputy. He says Ferrante told him the Sheriff's Office would complete an internal investigation.

"So I decided if we dropped the charges but it was still investigated that would be good enough for me," he said.

The Sheriff's Office told WINK News they could not find any record of an investigation into that incident.

In Dominick's case, the F.D.L.E. did investigate but that complaint was unfounded.

03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
WOW! Why didn't LCSO Internal Affairs get this one! Smells like a cover up??? It's time to hook Charlie up to the polygraph machine!

03-13-2009, 03:02 PM
This guy's just trying to cash in. There was no cover up, the Cape investigated it and the so-called victim dropped the charges.

03-13-2009, 03:16 PM
IA Maher is above board as they come, but what can you do when the victim has been "threatened with retaliation" and refuses to go forward?
Has nothing to do w CCPD, Victim might realize that he is not alone and felt time to come forward and say what he wanted to but was scared of at the time.

03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Did CCPD or FDLE forward the complaint to LCSO? I'm not saying that CCPD or FDLE is covering the incident up but the report stated that the incident was not in Charlie's file? Maybe he removed it??

03-13-2009, 04:12 PM
When did CCPD get into the "mediation" business? LCSO has no problem arresting other LEO's or terminating good cops! CCPD should have arrested the Ferrante's for battery!

03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
When did CCPD get into the "mediation" business? LCSO has no problem arresting other LEO's or terminating good cops! CCPD should have arrested the Ferrante's for battery!

Why? Why should CCPD arrest a fellow cop or forward the report to their home agency??? Some bar bouncer makes a complaint against a cop over some BS and then refuses to prosecute??? End of story.

The brothers might have abused their power as administrators in your department, but that has NOTHING to do with an off duty incident that resulted in nothing more than a BS complaint from some jerk off.

I bet your one of those guys who writes cops tickets, right? Places anonymous calls to their wives when they have a little piece of trim on the side? This industry has no place for rats and hand ups. Get your head straight and remember the difference between what your agency has going on now with its bosses and an ancient off duty BS incident. Don't confuse one with the other.

03-13-2009, 04:47 PM
In response to ???

This whole thing just smells my friend! It sounds to me that you have your head up the Ferrante's (*) too. What kind of favor have they done for you! Are you missing your sugar daddy? 99% of the LEO's are good and honest but its the 1% like the Ferrante that mess it up for everyone.

03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
The fight in the club was not provoked by LEO, the employee who got injuried jumped into the fight. He was not security and did not have a shirt on indicating he was an employee of Bamboo, nor security. None of the security personnel got injuried. The employee was wrong for getting involved in a security matter and runs the risk of injury. He is not trained to intervene in incidents as the security personnel were. I was the supervisor of security and have the first hand knowledge of the whole incident.

No charges were pressed and should have not been.

It started when a drug patron physically assaulted a deputy's wife, in self defense the officers protected this victim.

03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Im no fan of the brothers either, but I agree, leave the off-duty BS out of the situation at hand. Some DJ or wanna-be hard guy wanted to step into something he had no business being involved in and got thumped- which is exactly what happens every night in clubs across the country. If someone grabbed my wifes ass in a club, that's a green light.

And it is ancient history, time limits on the case expired long ago. The biggest mistake the brothers made that night was walking into a dirt hole like the Bamboo in the first place. F this guy.

03-19-2009, 02:36 AM
If FDLE internal affairs investigated, then I am satisfied. They are the most thorough, honorable investigators that I have ever been associated with. If Dominick was wrong in any way, shape or form, I know he would have faced serious charges.

Question: Was MC the other deputy?

03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
If FDLE internal affairs investigated, then I am satisfied. They are the most thorough, honorable investigators that I have ever been associated with. If Dominick was wrong in any way, shape or form, I know he would have faced serious charges.

Question: Was MC the other deputy?

Yep, MC Italian Battalion in the mother fuddin' house!!! YEEEEAHH BOOOOOOOYYYYYYY!!!
Rock that schitt, homey, rock that schitt!!!

03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
JustMyThoughts-
Love the sarcasm, that even came through in type!