PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Cars Revoked???

03-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Is it true that FMPD has to cut their budget by 19% and effective April 15th are taking away take home cars from everyone below the rank of sgt???

03-03-2009, 01:37 AM
its definetly stinks, no other agency around is cutting their take home cars, and we have a hard enough keeping people and morale and here they go taking away the take home cars. I heard it was everyone except sgts and above, detectives, and k9. everyone else will have to leave their car parked at the station when not on duty.

03-03-2009, 02:18 AM
I dont think there taking anyone's car. It would be unwise to do so, everyone around us has take home cars, and we have too many details and ops going on to where if everyone used pool cars it would be a nightmare, and probably more money on repairs/maintenance.

AT THE MOST, they will revise the policy to 0% personal use; cut the mileage down to where you need to live within 15 - 20 miles of the station, or even deduct 10 dollars a pay period if you OPT to partake in the take home policy. I highly doubt they will take any away without first trying to implement some changes. i think there just trying to limit it so people arent using them on their days off to run around and do errands.

03-03-2009, 06:54 AM
The Sheriff is not doing this to his Deputies and I think he is still hiring.

03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Gentlemen please stop spreading rumors, no one ever said that our cars will be taken away, I hope not at least, I think the mileage tracking is strictly to see what area we can use to save and to justify the rest, be patient and stop jumping the gun every time we're asked to do something

03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
We never had these problems under Daniels.

03-05-2009, 09:21 PM

You're right, we just had bigger problems, just read the previous posts when he was chief, you'll get educated

03-05-2009, 10:23 PM
tHOIS IS NOTHING BUT THE NEW BREED OF COPS. bUNCH OF LITTLE P@#$^@S. You are the under 2 year guys/girls who cry everytime something does not go your way. YEA, I AM DA ONE!!1

03-06-2009, 03:44 AM

Travis get your a$$ to bed!!! Don't worry daddy will tuck you in cowboy. :devil:

Here is a great idea.......why not take the cars away from the admin folks, like the retards in professional standards. Do they REALLY need to have a take home car? :twisted:

Diceman where the heck are you....... these idiots have absolutely no common sense around here. :devil: