PDA

View Full Version : PBA HAS GOT TO GO!

03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
We need to dump the PBA for a real Union! I ran into some officers from Port Saint Lucie and they stated IUPA is a far better organization than the PBA! I don't know how to go about changing unions but the PSL officers told me to ask for a Guy named Jeff at IUPA. I say we change!

03-14-2009, 02:52 PM
A-freaking-MEN!!!

03-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I second that! I can't take three more years of the PBA!

03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Three more years? I can't take one more minute! The PBA sucks arss! I sent in my card for IUPA. :D

04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Check out the Brevard County board if you haven't already on the PBA. Seems like we're not the only ones who have a problem with Vince Champion and his merry band of idiots.

04-02-2009, 03:08 AM
You should have a problem with the POS Chief who puts 4 guys in a ridiculus RICO unit while we are getting killed with calls and knukleheads killing each other and innocents in the street. Good call moron....you should get Chief of the year.

04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Surprise, surprise, surprise...or maybe not. Yes, the PBA has LOST ANOTHER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICE.

Check out PERC Case No. CA-2009-027, Coastal Florida PBA v. Sheriff of St. Lucie County, filed on March 27, 2009, PERC's general counsel dismissed the ULP on April 6, 2009. Yes, the latest PBA attorney Val Shealey, with all his vast labor law experience as touted by Vince Champion, lost a ULP for among other reasons by failing to include copies of the grievances or a statement of the facts of the ULP the PBA failed to prove a prima facie violation of Florida law. The second reason they lost is because they alleged the sheriff failed to give the deputies a step increase as required in the contract. What they overlooked is that they didn't bargain a built-in step increase for the fiscal year they were complaining about.

What a bunch of morons! Seems like Val Shealey is yet another in the long line of PBA attorneys that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to labor law. So how about it guys....how's the job ol' Val's been doing for you when you're facing down the staff services office on some b.s. IA?

How about explaining this one Vince? How about explaining how you keep hiring incompetent people at the PBA and yet you manage to keep holding on to your job? Where does the buck stop Vince? Obviously not with you, rather with the incompetents you hire!

06-23-2009, 02:50 AM
We have no respect in City Hall and the Department laughs at our Union. Each time we approach the department with issues with the PBA, they all get forgotten and go nowhere. Send someone with the knowledge and we one battle, Please!!!