PDA

View Full Version : Explorer SWAT Team

02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Im wondering to see if any post out there has an explorer swat team im thinkin of the idea for my post but not sure if there are any other post out there with the same and also im wondering about the cost to have one

Thanks
-Chief

03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Let be real guys.... Yes we all want to be officers one day, yes we love police work, and yes we will do anything and everything to get more tactical and hands on, but stop playing with yourself! First off if your departments SWAT team is willing to teach you their tactics then there morons! They have to pass another physic for a reason, how man are taken to be an explorer ZERO. Second off, there is no need for it. Explorer's is about learning the basics of Law Enforcement and kicking a$$ is only a small portion of the job.

03-02-2009, 12:48 AM
WOW!!!!!! guy go home..... youre what is called a liability...youre the reason many cops dont want to deal with explorers...youre the reason we are called cop (f)-bags.... seriously bro just go home

03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey cops dont kick anybodys ass, they physically persuade people to comply. :)

03-14-2009, 09:13 PM
You guys have to admit though that having a post teaching SWAT tactics would be pretty sweet. Never would happen... but we all could imagine. :devil:

03-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I think Exp Chief getting hired would be pretty sweet as well, not gona happen....but we could all imagine :devil:

03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
i hope they delete this thread.

the closest explorers get to swat training is being the bad guys for semunition training. it is alot of fun, but it does hurt. When i was an explorer....our county hosted the swat school and i got lit up by a bunch of MP5's and all i had was a small beretta...i was bleeding pretty bad...but it was fun...then they showed us some moves for being live targets

04-06-2009, 02:43 AM
yo im from charlotte county and we are putting together multible teams like a swat team, o-course team, traffic stop teams, etc...why not i mean its not like its going to hurt anybody besides it will be more fun at states when we all have teams for differnt comps.

06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I think Exp Chief getting hired would be pretty sweet as well, not gona happen....but we could all imagine :devil:

Thats messed up bro!!

06-07-2009, 07:13 AM
yo im from charlotte county and we are putting together multible teams like a swat team, o-course team, traffic stop teams, etc...why not i mean its not like its going to hurt anybody besides it will be more fun at states when we all have teams for differnt comps.

Hey e-10 you must have never been to a state comp before.. Teams that compete are picked at random. If you take 8 explorers to comp just because explorer a,b,c, and d are the ones that practiced traffic stops does not mean they will be the ones that compete in traffic stops.

08-19-2009, 02:36 AM
3=HEY GUYS OUR POST HAS A SWAT TEAM AND WE SHOOT LIVE ROUND M4s and MP5s WE HAVE BASC AND ADVANCED SWAT COURSES EVERY MONTH LED BY A POLICE LT. WHO IS FORMER MILITARY JUT LETTING U KNOW IT IS STUPID ITS AWESOME AND FUN IF U DONT BELEIV ME GO TO FOXLAKE EXPLORER POST 300'S WEBSITE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HOST THE COURSE!!! AND PS TERE ARE TONS OF SWAT COMPETITIONS INLUDING CHANDLER,TEXAS WHERE I COMPETE IN SNIPER SOURSES WITH LIVE SNIPER RIFLES
-Ralph :cop:

08-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Also we hav a thing at my post where when u turn 19 u bcome a Cadet and te Department snd u to College to the State Universty and to the Academy ll ree of charge and u become a Police Officer for them :cop:

08-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Well I guess all I can say to that is I hope you are not 19 yet, because if you are already in college or the academy and still can’t type a simple sentence or use spell check your department has NO STANDARDS! Just a hint, next time you represent your post by putting the post # have one of your SWAT buddies or even your LT proof read your comments.
On second thought, maybe you should be spending less time training or at these sniper competitions and more time studying your spelling words.

08-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Well I guess all I can say to that is I hope you are not 19 yet, because if you are already in college or the academy and still can’t type a simple sentence or use spell check your department has NO STANDARDS! Just a hint, next time you represent your post by putting the post # have one of your SWAT buddies or even your LT proof read your comments.
On second thought, maybe you should be spending less time training or at these sniper competitions and more time studying your spelling words.

nicely put "TARD."

09-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Im wondering to see if any post out there has an explorer swat team im thinkin of the idea for my post but not sure if there are any other post out there with the same and also im wondering about the cost to have one

Thanks
-Chief

i think its a great idea but u should also use this for explorers that bust there ass

09-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I used to be an explorer for seven years before I got hired on. We went through most of the infighting with the agency to get more, more, more. It seems that everything always revolved around liability. If you can show safety when you put these programs together, even taking tips from other posts that have done the same things, then you have a better shot at "selling" the idea to the agency you are with.

A waiver in the program only goes so far. Safety is the biggest thing. It took forever to repel off of towers, until we showed how we could be safe from falling down and having the right people to help. Of course we eventually repelled SWAT towers like pros!!!!

If you want to be in law enforcement, then stay in the explorer program. All the same stuff you deal with now just gets multiplied when you start doing the job. Just remember, being a cop is the hardest job to get and the easiest to lose. Stay focused on your goal!!!!

Stay safe guys and good luck!

10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
This is POST #699 we just started a SWAT/Tactical Team we train with airsoft and the program is run by our sheriff's department (which I am an advisor). Its exspensive because of the gear and the airsoft weapons, and special uniforms. If you have any questions hit me up.

11-28-2011, 03:22 AM
First of all, I am surprised at how many of you Explorers are against the idea of an Explorer SWAT team. While yes it is a larger liability, it is also just one more aspect of law enforcement that you would be trying to learn more about. As someone already said on here, if you prove that your team is worth the extra effort than it will show with your department. In contrast, if you just go to your advisors and say you want to start a tactical team with nothing else to show them, then you probably are not going to get that far.
The main thing that are going to be taken into play with your department are going to your posts maturity level, level of discipline, and overall dedication. Money does become a factor, however, it is not a major one.
I am in charge of my posts Tactical team and it has had nothing but good results. The team trains at a separate time than our standard meeting every week. We have a special uniform that is worn for these trainings. Several different officers take the time out of their busy schedules to come and help us. Our trainings consist of everything from dry runs through the training building we have at our disposal or live fire training at the departments firing range.
To all of the people who have posted against the idea of an Explorer post having a SWAT or tactical team, it might help to be a little bit more mature. As you post negative comments regarding such teams and belittle the original poster, you only show your own immaturity. If the guy has a legitimate idea about something he would like to do let him. You have the right to your opinion, just as i have my right to my opinion that yours is immature, and illogical.