PDA

View Full Version : Your Dispatchers

02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Work for a Dade County municipality which I will not mention.
My department gets dispatched from your communications center.
Your dispatchers well lets say some of your dispatchers are a bunch of B*t*hes!!!

I tried raising one of them the other day just after she said 'Dade County'. I got my
mike and raised her. Suddenly a county unit raises her. I was first she skips me to
the county unit. Then she dispatched a 3'17 to someone. Then she said all units QRX.
Then when she said 'Dade County' I raised her again. No answer for a few seconds
another county officer calls her. She answers the county officer. But the other city
P.O.'s who tried raising her she ignores. Finally I get an answer... Unit XXX QSK!!!!
with an attitude. All I wanted to do is say No Report 09 from a 26 I was working.

My sergeant and lieutenants have all made complaints to the communications center
and nothing happens. Even our chief of police has sent letters asking to please have
the dispatchers give us the same courtesy as they give county officers.

But it still happens.

I hope that this does not get a city officer hurt or killed one day.

02-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Work for a Dade County municipality which I will not mention.
My department gets dispatched from your communications center.
Your dispatchers well lets say some of your dispatchers are a bunch of B*t*hes!!!

I tried raising one of them the other day just after she said 'Dade County'. I got my
mike and raised her. Suddenly a county unit raises her. I was first she skips me to
the county unit. Then she dispatched a 3'17 to someone. Then she said all units QRX.
Then when she said 'Dade County' I raised her again. No answer for a few seconds
another county officer calls her. She answers the county officer. But the other city
P.O.'s who tried raising her she ignores. Finally I get an answer... Unit XXX QSK!!!!
with an attitude. All I wanted to do is say No Report 09 from a 26 I was working.

My sergeant and lieutenants have all made complaints to the communications center
and nothing happens. Even our chief of police has sent letters asking to please have
the dispatchers give us the same courtesy as they give county officers.

But it still happens.

I hope that this does not get a city officer hurt or killed one day.

Get your own and then you will not be bitc---, here :cop: :cop: :devil:

02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
WE DO HAVE OUR OWN DISPATCHERS. Except for very tiny departments like Biscayne Park and El Portal, Golden Beach (maybe one or two I missed?) all municipal police departments in Dade County have their OWN. They must monitor whatever County frequency they were assigned to, such as Intracoastal or Municipal and their own car-to-car frequencies. It is essential for the well-being of county officers and all municipal officers that we all are able to be advised of what is occurring in each other's areas so that we can assist if needed and BOLO when necessary. Our dispatchers GENERALLY have better attitudes; the County's should too. Ours give courtesy and so should yours. We are all here to watch each other's backs and keep each other safe!

03-02-2009, 01:31 AM
In reference to the MDPD Dispatchers:
Be careful when you generalize and lump all in one statement. We have up to 16 dispatchers working per shirt (this does not include 911 Operators). Our dispatchers only work with police while the 911 operators handle the complaint calls. All of our communications personnel are very professional and handle a significant amount of work.

At times a specific dispatcher may have a bad moment or bad day, they are human. before being too critical I would suggest a visit to Communications so that you can see how much they are doing. They are the essence of multi-tasking. What you hear on the radio is only part of what they are doing. They may have other dispatchers of the shift commander talking to them about specific calls while you are also trying raise them. Y

I have worked for MDPD for a significant time and have had times when I felt ignored or upset. But 99% of the time I was grateful for a professional group of workers who cared and looked out for all of our safety.

I know many of our dispatchers and they worry about all of the officers (County and municipal) on their frequency. There are many cases where MDPD Dispatchers have done an outstanding job during an emergency at the many municipalities they are responsible for.

Don't be one of the officers looking for ways to be divisive between the agencies. Many officers, federal, state and local have learned to judge you by the way you work and handle ourself, not the color of your uniform. Our support personnel are no different.

03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
In reference to the MDPD Dispatchers:
Be careful when you generalize and lump all in one statement. We have up to 16 dispatchers working per shirt (this does not include 911 Operators). Our dispatchers only work with police while the 911 operators handle the complaint calls. All of our communications personnel are very professional and handle a significant amount of work.

At times a specific dispatcher may have a bad moment or bad day, they are human. before being too critical I would suggest a visit to Communications so that you can see how much they are doing. They are the essence of multi-tasking. What you hear on the radio is only part of what they are doing. They may have other dispatchers of the shift commander talking to them about specific calls while you are also trying raise them. Y

I have worked for MDPD for a significant time and have had times when I felt ignored or upset. But 99% of the time I was grateful for a professional group of workers who cared and looked out for all of our safety.

I know many of our dispatchers and they worry about all of the officers (County and municipal) on their frequency. There are many cases where MDPD Dispatchers have done an outstanding job during an emergency at the many municipalities they are responsible for.

Don't be one of the officers looking for ways to be divisive between the agencies. Many officers, federal, state and local have learned to judge you by the way you work and handle ourself, not the color of your uniform. Our support personnel are no different.
Look and read again is says "Let's say some of you dispatchers"

03-05-2009, 02:50 AM
You may have said "some", but the slant of your words paints a broader picture.

You seem to have missed the bigger point, instead of just complaining here on this forum, go to Communications, sit with a dispatcher and see what they do every day. It is a difficult and high stress job. While you are there, you might even be able to discuss your issues with them in person. Then instead of just being one who complains, you might actually be one who does something positive to improve the situation.

One word of caution, be careful throwing stones when you might live in a glass house!

03-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Your dispatchers are great!!!

I'm a dispatcher for a small town just south of the Georgia border and can hear
you on intercity on a clear day. Your dispatchers are 10-8...

I always say to myself how can they do this? In the 2 years I've been a dispatcher
for this town of 1,500 people, I have only handled one perimeter for an escaped
prisoner.

Other than that we only respond to cat on the tree type of calls. LOL

So instead of complaining praise your dispatchers who keep you safe all the time.

03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
You may have said "some", but the slant of your words paints a broader picture.

You seem to have missed the bigger point, instead of just complaining here on this forum, go to Communications, sit with a dispatcher and see what they do every day. It is a difficult and high stress job. While you are there, you might even be able to discuss your issues with them in person. Then instead of just being one who complains, you might actually be one who does something positive to improve the situation.

One word of caution, be careful throwing stones when you might live in a glass house!

Great Post and you have been very informative to the rook, but I guess he miss the bus. I have been lucky enough to sit at both the MDPD and the MPD(dispatch centers) and what they do is amazing. They have all have to monitor all the communication on their channel, a land line, intercity, and the co-workers that are fairly close to deal with all at the same time. GOD Bless all of you in communications. :cop: :cop:

06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
NO you are right NOT all but a lot of them are B@#ches. You are not crazy!

06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
NO you are right NOT all but a lot of them are B@#ches. You are not crazy!

I am a Sgt from a small town that is dispatched by Metro and all I can say is that they are very nice to me and my ofc's on the radio. I know when not to interrupt them with a BS 09 from a 26 or 15 whatever. If they really need us, they'll call us. I tell my guys and gals to just wait til everything calms down.

I've been to communications on several occassions and have met some of the dispatchers. They have all been very nice to me. In 19 years, I usually get the same response. It's nice to put a face with a voice!

Thanks alot for all you do.

:cop:

06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I work for School Board and can say the dispatchers on MDPD and MPD are great. But you have one or two female dispatchers that are PMSing all the time, I hear how bad they sometimes treat county officers. But I agree 99% are great, and yes I have been to your dispatch center down south and its a very hard job. Funny thing is when I was in the academy my department took us there and the lady i sat with rolled her eyes everytime a officer made a mistake, and then she would stop and look at me and tell me You better not do that when your out there, In which i replied, Yes Mam. Keep up the good work ladies and gents.

06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I work for School Board and can say the dispatchers on MDPD and MPD are great. But you have one or two female dispatchers that are PMSing all the time, I hear how bad they sometimes treat county officers. But I agree 99% are great, and yes I have been to your dispatch center down south and its a very hard job. Funny thing is when I was in the academy my department took us there and the lady i sat with rolled her eyes everytime a officer made a mistake, and then she would stop and look at me and tell me You better not do that when your out there, In which i replied, Yes Mam. Keep up the good work ladies and gents.
LOL

06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I worked for a large department in Dade County for almost 30 years, we had our own 911/dispatch system. Upon retiring, I joined a very small agency served by Miami Dade Dispatch. I will have to say that for the most part, it's a breath of fresh
air. The dispatchers are very professional and very competent. Yeah, they have their moments, but so do the officers..It's goes with the territory. You have to follow the rules, if you start talking before they say "Dade County", you'll be spanked so to speak. I was able to adapt quite well on the County system. Perhaps they should send SOME of the dispatchers from my old agency to Galloway Rd to see how it's really done. But in all fairness, my agency did have some good dispatchers and they know who they are.