PDA

View Full Version : FMPD Officers Vs. GOB Accreditation Machine!

02-21-2009, 06:38 PM
The wheels on the FMPD Accreditation bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the FMPD accreditation bus go round and round , all over its officers! Is this the technique that the administration is using to inspire moral in its officers? Two more officers get thrown all over the Liberal Snooze Press , wake up people this is just the beginning of the new world the administration is forcing us to work under! Do mean to tell me that we are now taking the statements of the Leapharts’ as credible? What’s next? Maybe the Churchwell’s will come in Professional Standards Bureau and claim they have been falsely accused of being in the drug sales business . Where is the P.B.A. ? That’s right where all hearing crickets ! Do these minor infractions belong in the newspaper? I would like to know how GOB’s would feel if the SnoozePress decided they wanted all of their personal work file folders, and started to print all their history all over the newspaper! I would almost bet , that Shelly Flynn would selectively turn over to them, documents that only shed good light on the GOB’s! My apologies to the officers who have had to endure this B.S. over the last couple of months! Its evident that your Department has failed you , and most of all our union that we’re all are wasting our hard earned money for good representation has failed us all once again! Here’s a suggestion to the Leaphart’ if you can’t handle the truth then don’t ask a officer a personal question! Is it not Okay for officer Gomez to have pride in that fact that he’s proud of being a dark skinned Hispanic officer! I would like to know the wonderful adjectives that were used by the Lephart’s towards officer Gomez? Where those published in the Newspress? Of course Not! By the way Tellis, you need to turn down your Ultra thin skinned racial insecurity meter down a couple of notches! Leaphart’s stated they would drop the complaint , if Officer Gomez dropped the Citation ? How come that wasn’t in your report Tellis? Can You say Motive! What is lesson learned from the officer Golba incident? The next time someone attempts ,and or spits on you , you need to make sure that idiot is using Super Poly -Grip for rest of their life!

This is a warning shot to the GOB’s, and the P.B.A. ! We have about 120 officers ready to stop paying their union dues, and what we will do is use our union dues to hire the Wilbur Smith Law firm to represent us! We’re getting ready to take a pro-active approach to an inadequate union, and all these B.S. complaints coming through the doors of FMPD! The next time a Internal Investigation is entertained by False accusations, we’re going to sue these hoodlums, ,the city , chief , and the idiot investigating these complaints. We’ll sue for slander, libel, and mental anguish! The next time an officer gets injured while having to make an arrest on these dirt bags, we’re going to sue for medical costs, and money lost for having to be on worker’s comp. Maybe We’ll sue the city , and FMPD for creating a unsafe work environment , for having an inadequate number of road patrol officers on the street. We’ll sue these hoodlums for their food stamps just to make a point! Maybe we should all write over to the Snooze Press to request a Real Juicy I.A. investigation! Hey Snooze Press why don’t you request the I.A. involving officer Santana! How can we forget that this officer committed all kinds of offenses, while he was under the supervision of Captain I.A.! How Come you GOB’s are not transparent on that I.A. , maybe because it might shine some negative light on your command staff . WE WANT A NEW ELECTION FOR ALL UNION BOARD POSITIONS, and if we don’t get it ,we ’re going to pull our union dues out , and we’ll see how long the PBA survives without our money! Remember in All I.A. ’s SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL! TRUE THAT!

02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Why is Gonzalez on the task force? Is that permanent. If he was passed over for Supervisor, he surely should not be working there. Did he do something wrong and get kicked out of Detect's.

02-23-2009, 12:43 AM
by Bill Hastings, FOP Staff Rep. on 02/15/09 11:38:09

On February 11, a Lee County Deputy appealed a 3 day suspension to the Civil Service Board. Because he was a member of the FOP Legal Defense Plan, he was provided with an Attorney who sucessfully argued his case and won a reversal of the suspension. The following day, another member of the Lee County Sheriff's Office was involved in shooting. This deputy needed an attorney to assist him and protect his rights but could not afford (as many of us cannot) the cost of a private attorney. Had this deputy been a member of the FOP Legal defense Plan, he would have immediately been provided with one at no cost.
As a retired law enforcement officer(32years) I cannot over stress the need for my brothers to obtain membership in an organization that will provide you with representation to protect your rights in internal affairs complaints and an attorney if needed.
The Fraternal Order of Police currently represents over 20,000 law enforcement officers in the State of Florida and over 320,000 law enforcement professionals nationwide. We would consider it an honor to represent you.
If you woould like an application please e-mail at FOPSTATEREP@AOL.COM
Bill Hastings, Florida State Fraternal Order of Police, Florida Labor CouncilBill Hastings, FOP Staff Rep.

02-23-2009, 01:09 AM
From The Austin American-Statesman, February 17

AUSTIN, TX – Several Austin police officers, fearful that a misstep on the street will result in an unpaid suspension, demotion or firing, have begun taking out insurance policies to protect themselves from a potential monetary hit.

Police union representatives are discussing extending such coverage to each of its 1,500 members through a program with locally operated Advocate, MD Insurance of the Southwest Inc.

Austin fire union representatives also are in preliminary conversations with the insurance company, which is offering similar policies to firefighters.

"Gone are the days where officers believe they are immune from some kind of discipline that is going to financially devastate their families," police union President Sgt. Wayne Vincent said. "It can happen to any officer."

Advocate received state permission in September to begin selling the policies to police officers, firefighters, state troopers, sheriff's deputies and paramedics, and has since sold several dozen across Texas. Company officials said they began marketing the policies in Austin a couple of months ago and have issued about two dozen here.

More officers have expressed interest in the insurance but said they are waiting to sign up pending any negotiations between the union and the company, officials for both said.

Officers who buy the insurance pay about $17 a month for a policy that will reimburse them as much as $10,000 if they are suspended without pay or fired for certain infractions.

The insurance would cover financial losses for more routine suspensions, which result from incidents such as minor patrol car accidents, tardiness or rudeness, but could not be used in situations in which officers' actions injure a person or in which they knowingly violate the law or demonstrate "intentional wrongdoing."

For example, the policies would not cover officers suspended for drunken driving, drug use or excessive use of force, company officials said.

Austin police Detective Anthony Nelson saw a company ad on the Austin police union Web site recently: "Suspension without pay? Are you ready? Don't let a suspension ruin your financial stability!"

Nelson, who has never been suspended, thought briefly about buying a policy and then signed up.

"I decided I needed it," said Nelson, who works in the department's organized crime division. "Even honest mistakes, mistakes of slight judgment, can get you time off. I have to protect my family."

Police Chief Art Acevedo, who has suspended 39 officers and fired five others since taking over in July 2007 , said he isn't bothered by officers who want to pursue the coverage.

"When you have a profession such as the law enforcement profession where you are making split-second decisions that are subject to scrutiny, I think it would be prudent for people to look at insurance to ensure their financial survival in the event that they lose their jobs," Acevedo said. "I wouldn't fault them for that."

Fire Chief Rhoda Mae Kerr, who took over the department this month, said, "Who is going to buy the policy unless they know they are troublemakers? They anticipate getting in trouble."

Debbie Russell, president of the Austin chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas and a frequent police critic, said she thinks officers have a right to protect themselves financially. However, she said, she is concerned about the insurance purchase.

"I'm not sure if that is a good message for them to send, as if they are expecting to be fired or suspended," she said.

Advocate officials, who formed the company in 2003 and have historically specialized in malpractice insurance, said they began developing an insurance program for public safety workers in 2007 after a former El Paso police officer came to them with the idea. Advocate, which had about $50 million in assets in 2007, according to a state insurance department Web site, is underwriting the policies.

Chief Operating Officer Steve Loranger said company officials found no other U.S. businesses that offered similar policies — several insurance and law enforcement experts also said they had never heard of such plans — and that they saw the business potential.

Loranger said he thinks the number of clients will increase in coming months, particularly as company officials introduce themselves to unions in major Texas cities. He said contracts with unions would be more lucrative for the company, ensuring a larger pool of clients, many of whom will probably never be suspended.

According to Loranger, officers or other clients who purchase the policy would generally pay a monthly premium of $17. However, those who belong to a union under contract with Advocate would have their rates calculated using a formula that includes their disciplinary histories and where they work, Loranger said. Those rates would not exceed $17 a month.

Officers in some cities whose departments have higher suspension rates, including Austin's, would pay slightly more than their counterparts in other cities, Loranger said.

Austin police officer Bryan Pietrowski, who has been an officer for four years and patrols in Central East Austin, said he recently learned about the policies and plans to buy one.

"I work on the street, and I plan on being on the street for a long time," he said. "If I have one little incident and it is perceived that I did something wrong, I am out of a paycheck. I'd like to have that financial safety net to help get me through."

02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
baker......daniels........same scumbag diffrent face.

02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
This is a warning shot to the GOB’s, and the P.B.A. ! We have about 120 officers ready to stop paying their union dues, and what we will do is use our union dues to hire the Wilbur Smith Law firm to represent us! We’re getting ready to take a pro-active approach to an inadequate union, and all these B.S. complaints coming through the doors of FMPD! The next time a Internal Investigation is entertained by False accusations, we’re going to sue these hoodlums, ,the city , chief , and the idiot investigating these complaints. We’ll sue for slander, libel, and mental anguish!

Folks, does it state anywhere in our policies and procedures that you have to go with PBA? No it does not! You have the God giving rights to go with FOP, and the only way to achieve this is to get all of those 120 officers to switch to FOP. Gomez and Golba are prime examples why officers need to switch to FOP! :twisted: So folks, you have two choices here: drink the Kool-Aid and stay with this miserable PBA president who can't even wipe his own a@@ without the chief's permission or switch to FOP and get the representation you deserve and earned. Baker can not risk to loose 120 officers right now. Even if we had enough officers how would the media take the fact that this agency is harassing 120 officers just because they wanted to join a different union, a union that will actually protect FMPD officers! Would Baker actually stoop to Daniels level and start harassing these officers? Harassing 120 officers will make "National News" folks and I'm sure that the City Manager would not want to see the image of FMPD go to SHI@@!

FOP is the way to go! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

TLC

02-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Serge, Vinny, Edwards, all tried, all crucified by good ol boys. Please FOP help us! $400 a year PBA union dues that pay for an AMG...

30 new recruits will soon be here, all working under the fear of contract coercion of supposed mandatory flex time, 80 hour work weeks with their 1 hours of OT secretly removed from time cards represented by a GOP collaborating PBA.

We're tired of the FMPD PBA having a desk in the same office as the IA administration, yea that works well!

02-25-2009, 04:22 AM
Serge, Vinny, Edwards, all tried, all crucified by good ol boys. Please FOP help us! $400 a year PBA union dues that pay for an AMG...

30 new recruits will soon be here, all working under the fear of contract coercion of supposed mandatory flex time, 80 hour work weeks with their 1 hours of OT secretly removed from time cards represented by a GOP collaborating PBA.

We're tired of the FMPD PBA having a desk in the same office as the IA administration, yea that works well!

I agree, our PBA president sucks, I can smell corruption a mile away. Uncle fester how can you sleep at night knowing that you are powerless help real cops involved in BS AI's. Do you really feel like you've accomplished something here by sending out stupid and useless PBA e-mails. Ok maybe the organization in general is great but if the organization really knows what goes on between our PBA president and the administration they would totally be in shock! :shock:

02-25-2009, 06:13 AM
I have been here at FMPD for 3 yrs, I love my job and the people that work here. I came from the east coast and the problems we have if any are nothing compare to those at other agencies. I have friends that work at agenices that are acredited and they only say it is a waste of money and does not change their daily job. As far as FMPD being acredited i have heard they have been trying for many years and they will not complete the task again. I do not like see negative articles in the media about our officers, But we have to be professinal about the way we respond, Everyone knows that we cannot sue for that unless the officer has a lost from the article. The PBA President C Pendergrass has came forward to address the issue with the news press and I feel we should give him a chance to correct the problem. As far as the offficers not being happy with the union I have only heard one person speak that way, and that was a person who has tried to be elected to the union board and has lost every time so I think he is just very upset no one likes him or trust him. for the officers that keep posting these negative messages if you still work here? grow up and support your department and union. If you are one for thse that got fired, shame on you for being stupid'' Now move on' and get a job'

02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Happy cop, I’m glad your happy working at FMPD. I think we agree on some points, but why do the cops who don’t want to drink the GOB Kool-Aide and nod our heads up and down like a bunch of Alex Rodriguez bobble head dolls always have to be labeled as negative ,cancers, Ect. Ect.? Cops are being thrown all over the newspaper , because GOB Administration has a quota of I.A.’s it needs to send to the SNOOZE -PRESS mandated by CALEA for accreditation! Read 13.2 on your GOB MDS policies ,and it pretty much spells it out for you. PBA president didn’t take it upon himself to challenge the Newspaper about the recent stories released on cops. Cecil is suddenly responding due to the fact that his cell phone was ringing off the hook with pissed off cops ,and its amazing how fast the union and the Administration get off their rear ends when LEO Affairs is slamming them. Due to this web -site the chief is suddenly calling officers apologizing for the articles in the Snoozepress, and putting out Editorials in praise of the average cop. Cecil, and the Chief should being doing these things instinctively, not reactively. I would like someone to explain to me if accreditation is so important, then why is Mike Scott cutting accreditation out of his 2009 - 2010 budget? The only reason we’re doing this , is to appease the liberal minority groups that are still crying about the death of James Weston! It’s the same reason why we spend needless money on the C.I.T. program . How did all the early retirement cops deal with mentally ill subjects for over 20 years without C.I.T. ? Only one person in your opinion is not happy with the union? Let’s see you and the union board put your money where your mouth is! Here’s a real simple idea to shut -up all the Nay Sayers! Why don’t all the board members put their positions up for an open election, and let’s see how many of them get re-elected! That seems easy of enough! I think its only fair since 75% of the road cops were not even working here when these union board members were elected! They won’t take this challenge because they know they would lose . The chief wouldn’t allow this because that might mean the GOB’s wouldn’t be able to have control of the union! What a concept a union made up of average Joe and Jane street cops elected by the majority of paying members , which is patrol! I Know I’m so Negative!

What a surprise suddenly the PBA is having another meeting! Before the meeting maybe one of you KOOL - AIDE Drinking Bobble Heads can stand up from your seat and yell to Cecil : Ohhhh, Mr. President , ITS SUCH A BLESSING TO SEE YOU ! THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY! OHHH! GRACIOUS GOD THANK YOU!UHHHHHHHH! I would like to thank all you OBAMA worshipers, for that Payroll Tax Deduction I just don’t know where to go first, and stimulate the economy with my extra $13 from my paycheck! True That!

02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
The news-press always seems to make a big deal out of nothing. I mean really who cares that Gomez made that comment????!?!? See it probably would have been a much bigger deal had Gomez been white! But he's not; he's a minority just like black people are. But Gomez still should have known his position and not have made such a comment. At least she didn't mistake him for a mexican! LOL! I wonder what he would have said had she asked him that! And Gomez may not wish he was black, but he sure likes him some of that black arse!!

02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
That's my boy!!!

The news-press always seems to make a big deal out of nothing. I mean really who cares that Gomez made that comment????!?!? See it probably would have been a much bigger deal had Gomez been white! But he's not; he's a minority just like black people are. But Gomez still should have known his position and not have made such a comment. At least she didn't mistake him for a mexican! LOL! I wonder what he would have said had she asked him that! And Gomez may not wish he was black, but he sure likes him some of that black arse!!

02-26-2009, 12:13 AM
As a tax payer in Fort Misery, I would like to say this: 40cal_666 a.k.a 40-cent, “Get a grip of reality and have some of this Dunbar’s sugary Grape Juice!” Now, if your agency is so lack of leadership tactics: “Why don’t you step up to the plate and bat a long home run for your agency’s propriety?” Get off everyone’s NUTZ and, again, do something constructive for your agency. If you don’t like PBA's method-of-operation take back your membership, and be a cast in Mike Scott's puppet show. “CRY! CRY! CRY!” Like a Jamaican would say: "STOP THE BLOODCLOTH CRYING!"

It always upset me each and every time Medea and I get on Leo’s Affairs, to get the latest gossip, all I could see an ugly vision of your fat flush bright red cheeks (mimicking Santa Claus) on my computer’s screen, releasing negative energy about minorities and other civic affairs. Bloggers out there- would yawl all agree that 40cal_666 is a chronic cry baby, who was deprived of a single chromosome because of it Irish’s ancestry? Someone please remove that pacifier from its mouth. Do all of us a favor, if you have not yet, enjoy your pension and leave my city’s police department alone. My man, Chief Baker, is doing a fine job over there.

Well, I got to get going! Medea asked me to give-up the computer’s blogging. By the way, 40cal_666, if you are still nearby Jones Walker chasing the sistas in the Dazzy-Dukes, stop by Apt#666 and have some of this grape juice with me and Medea. Don’t worry of being attack by the brothas. Yes, at time we appear aggressive and are loud! Sadly, we will hurt are own before we hurt your kind. Black-on-Black crime is prevalent in this neighbor. I got your back! Just ask for me (Deeznuts). As for that Haitian officer, that you’re constantly bashing, you need to watch your back back, though!!!

Anthony Thomas for mayor!!!

Happy cop, I’m glad your happy working at FMPD. I think we agree on some points, but why do the cops who don’t want to drink the GOB Kool-Aide and nod our heads up and down like a bunch of Alex Rodriguez bobble head dolls always have to be labeled as negative ,cancers, Ect. Ect.? Cops are being thrown all over the newspaper , because GOB Administration has a quota of I.A.’s it needs to send to the SNOOZE -PRESS mandated by CALEA for accreditation! Read 13.2 on your GOB MDS policies ,and it pretty much spells it out for you. PBA president didn’t take it upon himself to challenge the Newspaper about the recent stories released on cops. Cecil is suddenly responding due to the fact that his cell phone was ringing off the hook with pissed off cops ,and its amazing how fast the union and the Administration get off their rear ends when LEO Affairs is slamming them. Due to this web -site the chief is suddenly calling officers apologizing for the articles in the Snoozepress, and putting out Editorials in praise of the average cop. Cecil, and the Chief should being doing these things instinctively, not reactively. I would like someone to explain to me if accreditation is so important, then why is Mike Scott cutting accreditation out of his 2009 - 2010 budget? The only reason we’re doing this , is to appease the liberal minority groups that are still crying about the death of James Weston! It’s the same reason why we spend needless money on the C.I.T. program . How did all the early retirement cops deal with mentally ill subjects for over 20 years without C.I.T. ? Only one person in your opinion is not happy with the union? Let’s see you and the union board put your money where your mouth is! Here’s a real simple idea to shut -up all the Nay Sayers! Why don’t all the board members put their positions up for an open election, and let’s see how many of them get re-elected! That seems easy of enough! I think its only fair since 75% of the road cops were not even working here when these union board members were elected! They won’t take this challenge because they know they would lose . The chief wouldn’t allow this because that might mean the GOB’s wouldn’t be able to have control of the union! What a concept a union made up of average Joe and Jane street cops elected by the majority of paying members , which is patrol! I Know I’m so Negative!

What a surprise suddenly the PBA is having another meeting! Before the meeting maybe one of you KOOL - AIDE Drinking Bobble Heads can stand up from your seat and yell to Cecil : Ohhhh, Mr. President , ITS SUCH A BLESSING TO SEE YOU ! THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY! OHHH! GRACIOUS GOD THANK YOU!UHHHHHHHH! I would like to thank all you OBAMA worshipers, for that Payroll Tax Deduction I just don’t know where to go first, and stimulate the economy with my extra $13 from my paycheck! True That!

02-27-2009, 01:57 AM

Yea his comment wasn't that bad... I'm black and I wasn't offended...I mean he does look a LiL hatian but whatever.... Oh and he definately loveeeeeesssss some tan arses LOL (size wise) but who hear doesn't stare LOL

03-02-2009, 04:54 AM
what ever happened to that bi-polar officer in your Department. Is he still kissing Jason Pates _ _ _ .it's only a matter of time till they figure you out and then they will get rid of you for the RAT that you are. :devil: