PDA

View Full Version : Deepest Sympathies to the Bierwiler Family and HCSO FRIENDS

02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
My deepest and heartfelt sympathies to the Bierwiler family and my friends at the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

Scott was a true example of dedication, professionalism and compassion. He was the guy who had it all; beautiful wife, beautiful kids, bright future and career and sense of principles matched by only a very select few.

For those of you who truly want to make a difference in the community and the workplace; follow Scott's example. He was to be respected and admired.

Hold fast to each other my friends and know that my heart goes out to you all and that there isn't a day that goes by that those of you who mattered to me aren't held in my heart and thoughts!

Ronald P. Roth, Jr.

02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
My deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to Scott's family, and the Hernando County Sheriff's Office. Scott was a wonderful man and will truly be missed. Words cannot espressed what a great loss this is. Scott and his dad Frank, were stellar individuals, and valued members of the community. I remember when Scott started the Police Academy and then became a fine, honorable Deputy, that made his family and friends proud. Thank you for your dedicated service to this County.........rest in peace.

02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Words cannot express the feeling that passed over me when I heard the news this morning that Capain Bierwiler had passed. Although I didn't get to work along side him for as long as some, he left a lasting impression and was a model for what a law enforcement official and great human being should be. The captain was very professional and truly cared in all of my interactions with him, and I cannot offer anything but my deepest condolences and sympathy to his family, and to everyone else at the Sheriff's Office. God Bless you all and keep you safe during these troubled times.

-PM Craven and family

02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Bierwiler family and the S.O. family for this tragic and untimely lose. Very often events happen that make us think why?? This ranks right up there as one. It was my honor to have worked with and to have known someone as honorable, kind, level headed and professional as Scott. I always felt he was an example for others to follow and had nothing but up ahead of him in life as well as the S.O..

My heart goes out to his wife and three children as well as the entire Bierwiler and Yoder family. It is difficult to find words to ease your pain or answer your questions. But know this, Scott goes on in his children and the people at the S.O. he worked with or supervised. His impact will be seen in his children and people that knew him and a tear and a smile will come and you will think, "thats Scott".

In closing let me just say with alot of sadness and a heavy heart I also celebrate. I celebrate the fact I was able to know Scott and for this I am thankful. Each person we meet in life touches us in one way or another. His calmness no matter what the situation as well as levelheadedness impressed me. He was a lisitener and a lerner rather than a talker. He inspired confidence and comanded respect. I tip my hat to you Scott and raise my glass and say to you, "job well done"..

02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
As a former employee of the Sheriff's Office I too saw the corruption amongst the command staff...with one exception...Captain Bierwiler. He was an incredible person and truly a "cops cop". He looked out for his people and was the first one to put himself on the line to defend their actions when he knew they were justified. We needed more people like Scott at the Sheriff's Office and now unfortunately we lost one of the most honest, sincere and fair deputies the agency has ever seen.

Look above! The former HR member, Ron, posted wonderful things about him, and Ron is no longer there. Craven posted wonderful things about him and Craven didn't leave on good terms. It just goes to show what a upstanding person he was and he will truly be missed.

HCSO, open your eyes and start recruiting and promoting more like Capt, Bierwiler...he was an asset to law enforcement and to Hernando County,

02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
People, can we at least for this forum keep our percieved thoughts about the agency or the people therein, real or imaginary to ourselves and just talk about Scott and his family. A brother has fallen. That is enough. Lets keep our eye on the ball.

02-20-2009, 12:48 AM
My deepest sympathies to Capt Bierwiler's family and friends. It is a hard day when a brother falls,

02-20-2009, 06:32 AM
My thoughts and prays to the Captain and his family. Hang in there HCSO.

02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
We mourn Captain- Scott Bierwiler
Today we lost a friend, a brother, husband, and father. He wore the uniform of Hernando County with great pride, Capt. Scott Bierwiler. Scott was a shining star for the Sheriff's Office, he was on his way up to the top rising through the ranks. Most of us who had the pleasure of working with him, or being supervised by him, can attest to the strong desire and devotion he held for this Office!
Scott started out in patrol in 1986 with several of us that were hired at the same time period, and we formed a bond of friendship like none could compare! Remember, the agency only had roughly 33 deputies, we were a small agency back then. To name a few, there was Mike Nelson, myself, Phillip Johnson, Steve Klapka, and Trish Murphy. We were zone partners back in the early days, watching over each other making sure we made it through our shifts. I can tell you that on several occasions I met with Scott as a zone partner, drinking a cup of coffee and discussing the previous calls, to whatever resolve at that moment and time, while we laughed at most of the outcomes! We were commonly called the trio, friends who worked hard at keeping a good friendship together, yet professionals as a group effort!
Scott, was the youngest of us, but we rallied around him and reared him up in the ways of law enforcement. Other than Scott, the rest of us came here with several years of experience, and Scott tapped into our street knowledge at best. Through the years I left the Hernando County Sheriff's Office and continued my law enforcement career with Osceola County Sheriff's Office, as well as Phillip Johnson, but over the last 15 years away from this fine organization I had the privileged to watch and hear how Scott progressed within this agency rising to the rank of Captain, over patrol. Phil Johnson and I talked about this a number of times, saying how proud we were to see Scott rise to the top by his own merits.
I will miss his smile, his stature, and all around good humor personality. Scott had a way with making the group laugh, even at the worst calls. We will miss you Captain-Scott Bierwiler. May you rest in peace, and guide us from above as a brother angel, on our shoulders during our time of need.
God Bless,
Deputy Sheriff / Helicopter Pilot
Osceola County Sheriff's Office- Aviation Unit
David J. Boucher

Tim Hennigan
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I bid you a fond farewell my brother. May god bless you and your family. It just seemed like yesterday when we worked side by side, you memory and friendship will never be forgotten. To all my brothers and sisters in HCSO, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you also.

02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Our thoughts and prays to the Captain and his family.

02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
God bless Capt. Bierwiler and his family during this awful time. I never knew you, but it sounds as if you were one of the good guys. We at TPD never forget a fallen brother as it does not matter if you wear a star or a shield on your chest. The Hernando County SO is in my prayers. TPD will alwas remember and always respect how members of Hernando SO put their lives on the line in May 1998 during the chase of the monster that killed two of our detectives. God speed Captain.

02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
It's always tragic when a life is lost unnecessarily, even more so when it's that of an officer who spent his life helping others enjoy theirs. I never met the man, but reading everyones opinion of him makes me feel as though I knew him just a bit, and it makes his passing even more tragic.

My prayres go out to his wife, children, family, friends, and fellow officers.

Everyone is proud of you Captain Bierwiler, RIP.

02-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Our sincere condolences to the Bierwiler family & the Hernando County Sheriffs Office. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.

02-24-2009, 12:53 AM
My deepest sympathies to Scott's family and the HCSO family.

02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
My thoughts and prayers to the entire HCSO family and the family of Capt. Scott Bierwiler my deepest sympathy goes out to you. As one watch ends a new one begins from the heavens above. May peace be with you all in this trying time.

Detention Deputy
Sean Powers Pasco Sheriff's Office

saint
03-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Our sympathy goes out to the Bierwiler family. They are in our prayers.
Captain Bierwiler was buried with honor and dignity. The show of community support was impressive. It is a shame his life was cut short.
A fitting tribute to him can be found here.http://tampa.defendersmc.org/public/capt_bierwiler/index.php