PDA

View Full Version : PSA details

02-19-2009, 02:06 AM
Most people read the PBA e-mail stating that the PSAs can no longer pick details until the 9th. Since they are not PBA members, they really don't have a voice in this matter. I realize that the reason that this change was put into effect is that we lost Silver Lakes, Bergeron and Lexus. Everyone is hurting financially, and we're being affected.

But something that we should keep in mind is that the PSAs are hurting too. They've never really had many details that they can work. Off the top of my head, I think the only regular details that they can work are the churches. We have an unusual situation here, in that the union controls the details. If this were any other agency, the PSAs would not be affected this way.

The reason for this post is to suggest that we not take the church details. Lets try to leave those for PSAs. Obviously, the reason for the change is that someone complained because they want those details for themselves. But remember that as much as you need your extra income, they probably need it more. We make quite a bit more money than they do as it is, and we have more extra income opportunities (such as more court time).

Before someone starts saying "screw those guys, we earned it...", remember how much these guys help us out. They do a lot more than A LOT of us. And don't forget that a whole bunch of us started as PSAs.

Have a heart and give those guys a break. After all, you can probably tighten your belt a little. You probably don't have to get the nav system on your new suburban, and maybe you don't need to upgrade the motor on your boat. But hey, it's your call.

02-19-2009, 03:21 AM
I agree, they do a lot of work for us and since there is only a few traffic details, let them have them. There are so many details given away every day that officers don't need to take this away from them.

04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Thank you. Except for one CAU member, you have all been very helpful with this.

04-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Any hints on who you're referring to?

04-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Any hints on who you're referring to?

No. I don't want to say who she is, because she is well within her rights to take these details.