PDA

View Full Version : CSI at it's finest...

02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I have not seen nor heard of anything more in the newspaper regarding the evidence room investigation. It's not a dang murder investigation, it's some missing loot (ok, well a lot of missing loot) and two suspects that are no longer employed with the SO. How hard can it be? Did those two skip state, or something?

02-16-2009, 02:55 PM
The sheriff will try to hide it like the cameron Sr. thing.Theres so much that never makes it to the public. :evil:

03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I have not seen nor heard of anything more in the newspaper regarding the evidence room investigation. It's not a dang murder investigation, it's some missing loot (ok, well a lot of missing loot) and two suspects that are no longer employed with the SO. How hard can it be? Did those two skip state, or something?

As with many investigations of employees of HCSO, this too will try to be kept quiet. Since Mr. Martin gets blamed for what he doesn't do, maybe a call to him is in order. Maybe he'll also report on the drunk who showed up to work and got sent home promptly too.

03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I think that's a novel approach. Let's call Brad and see what he can find out, obviously good ol' Rich doesn't care where his agency money goes to. I'm a taxpayer and I DO!!

03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Call will be placed in the morning. Or should I say calls? 10k is nothing to sweep under the rug.

03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
The SO will only release what they consider "public record" right now and if they have the investigation open (for what reason only God and Rich know) then they won't release anything and we'll be in the dark...as usual. Maybe the 10 grand was used to cover the FOP bingo funds.

03-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Man you guys are ridiculous. The media visits HCSO every week to review all disciplinary actions and completed I.A.'s. Nothing is hidden and can't be. If the media thinks its worth writing about, they do - simple as that. Look at the stories in the past that have been highly unfavorable to the Sheriff and the agency - do you really think he would release those if he didn't have to? The media sees them all. You guys and your conspiracy theories are pathetic and paranoid.

03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Then maybe you can explain where the missing money went to!?!?

03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Man you guys are ridiculous. The media visits HCSO every week to review all disciplinary actions and completed I.A.'s. Nothing is hidden and can't be. If the media thinks its worth writing about, they do - simple as that. Look at the stories in the past that have been highly unfavorable to the Sheriff and the agency - do you really think he would release those if he didn't have to? The media sees them all. You guys and your conspiracy theories are pathetic and paranoid.

Don't even go there!!! You know better, I know better, they know better. :roll:

03-29-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey guest thats the tax payer. We dont keep tax payer dollars in the evidence room fool. Mind your business.

03-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey guest thats the tax payer. We dont keep tax payer dollars in the evidence room fool. Mind your business.
Deputies that own homes are taxpayers too. Don't be too fast with your assumptions. Nobody said taxpayers money is in the evidence room, but WE are employees of each taxpayer. What is done at our agency is the taxpayers business. Duh!

03-29-2009, 02:21 PM
You obviously don't have competent people in the evidence room either who know how to keep track of the funds or we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we? The point is a large amount of money went missing several months ago which has still yet to be accounted for...but there is nothing said or done about it. Yet we have to read about dispatchers in the newspaper who get fired for smoking on duty. Please...Rich, your priorities are way off.

03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
In Print: Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sheriff Richard Nugent confirmed the investigation centered on employees within the department but said he wouldn't comment again because the probe was ongoing.

"All I can tell you is we're in process of completing the investigation," Nugent said.

Almost two months later and we've heard what? Rich himself said that tbey were in the process of COMPLETING the investigation, and that was reported on FEB. 4th!

What's the hold up with this being disclosed, and what are they hiding this time? Another agency needed to investigate this, since Rich could give two shits. As usual, he lies to the public.

03-31-2009, 12:29 AM
You obviously don't have competent people in the evidence room either who know how to keep track of the funds or we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we? The point is a large amount of money went missing several months ago which has still yet to be accounted for...but there is nothing said or done about it. Yet we have to read about dispatchers in the newspaper who get fired for smoking on duty. Please...Rich, your priorities are way off.

Obviously.

03-31-2009, 02:29 AM
Now you guys think the Sheriff can control WHICH stories the media writes about?! Man you guys are ridiculous and pathetic. Blaming him because the newpaper writes about a dispatcher being fired - like he has ANY control over that. Please go get a life people...

03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Now you guys think the Sheriff can control WHICH stories the media writes about?! Man you guys are ridiculous and pathetic. Blaming him because the newpaper writes about a dispatcher being fired - like he has ANY control over that. Please go get a life people...

Once again, don't go there. I know better, you know better and they know better!! :roll:

03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
It's not about which stories the paper writes about...it's about which I/A cases that are actually done something with or brushed under the rug. The funny part is, there was a dispatcher that we all read about that got fired for smoking. The sad part is, is there 10 grand, or more, missing from the evidence room, which occurred at least 3 months ago but nobody nothings anything of it and nothing is being done disciplinary wise. Maybe if the newspaper can light a fire under their behind we might get some answers. Just seems a little backwards to me.

03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
It's not about which stories the paper writes about...it's about which I/A cases that are actually done something with or brushed under the rug. The funny part is, there was a dispatcher that we all read about that got fired for smoking. The sad part is, is there 10 grand, or more, missing from the evidence room, which occurred at least 3 months ago but nobody nothings anything of it and nothing is being done disciplinary wise. Maybe if the newspaper can light a fire under their behind we might get some answers. Just seems a little backwards to me.

The sadder part of the dispatcher getting fired for smoking is that there are others who work in the office who still smoke and aren't grandfathered in. They are known smokers (and troublemakers) and they continue to be employed by HSO. Sweet Melissa, for one. There are also deputies who smoke in their units, and what's happened to them? Nothing!! Even though they are grandfathered in, they are not supposed to be smoking in public, period!!

As has been said, something is being hid or we would have heard more about this missing money and the evidence room I.A. Instead, we have suck-ups who come here and post, with posts that suggest those with inquiring minds have no life. It's not just backwards, it's plainly wrong. I'm beginning to think that this has gotten swept under the rug, and those guilty will have nothing done to them, as happens too often.

04-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Once again, the Sheriff does not control what the paper writes about, and the paper is not going to drive an investigation to make it go any faster. You guys are the ones that are messed up in your thinking. Look, I don't love every single thing about my job, but instead of complaining about things constantly, I remember that I have a choice - just like you do... either come to work and make it a good day, or go get a different job where I am happier.
Nobody, except the very small minority of whiners and complainers in the agency, wants to hear all of your ridiculous conspiracy theories. Don't you guys realize that there are only a very small number of you that are always complaining, and the only real audience you have is each other? Even the media realizes that you are simply disgruntled employees. Every company has a small percentage of whiners, and you guys represent that. No agency worth anything is going to manage for that whining minority. If you want to ever effect change, being in the minority of complainers is not going to get it done. You actually have to be part of the solution, and right now you are part of the problem.

04-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Man you are definitely a nugent noser I call it.Get a oaint brush or a sewing kit.

04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess suck-up thinks it's ok to brush things under the rug and hide things that are and aren't done at the agency. It's not whining, it's wanting the truth, that's all. Hiding things is part of the problem, whereas inquiring minds isn't. What we complain about is, for one the unfair treatment among employees and secondly the constant cover-ups that occur. You see, THAT is the problem, and not the solution! Fix the problem and there'd be less complaining. Nugent said two months ago that the investigation was in the process of being completed. What happened? Did he lie?

04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm the one who posted about reading about the dispatcher in the paper getting fired, still wondering where this missing money is. I am NOT an employee of the Sheriff's Office. I NEVER WAS and employee of the Sheriff's Office and I'm very glad for this reason alone. It's corrupt and something must be done before you guys look like Reno 911.

04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm the one who posted about reading about the dispatcher in the paper getting fired, still wondering where this missing money is. I am NOT an employee of the Sheriff's Office. I NEVER WAS and employee of the Sheriff's Office and I'm very glad for this reason alone. It's corrupt and something must be done before you guys look like Reno 911.

Some already do look like Reno 911. Others, like myself will remain the professionals that we are. This is another cover up or the brown nosers wouldn't be attacking us for wanting the truth. Typical Nugent style.