PDA

View Full Version : The new contract prevails

02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to say that it was a valiant effort, SH. I guess now you're gonna have to go to patrol and ACTUALLY SUPERVISE before you make the rank of Lt. Holy crap.......what a GREAT idea! If you had been THAT unhappy with your collective bargaining before now, you may have actually got people to listen to you.....if you had valid points. But thank god that people were able to see through the BS and realize that we actually got a decent deal (considering the circumstances and considering we can't have more money).

I'm all for having choices for union reps. We already had a vote years ago and FOP won it. I guess we'll see who wins the vote in 2012. Have fun getting more cards signed. Folks, I've had PBA.......being with them has its pros and cons as does FOP. Neither is perfect.

The only way for us to get more of what we want from the agency is to ALL come together and fight for it. For those 18 people that voted no, what exactly do you think the PBA could have got us that we didn't get? Your rights are now protected (contract wins out over Civil Service), seniority has been restored, all your specialized training now counts for promotions, you get points for college classes even if you don't have a degree yet, you get better reimbursement for taking college classes, the "good ol' boy" way of promotions is now OUT THE DOOR, you now have to actually supervise a REAL LIVE HUMAN PATROL DEPUTY before being promoted to Lt., we have a small comp leave bank.....the only thing we didn't get was money but where would that come from anyway?

Do you people understand???? YOUR RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED from Civil Service changes. Both college classes AND specialized training are being rewarded. You won't have to complain about the "super secret behind closed doors" way of promotions.

You know, I'm just beating a dead horse here. You either get it or you don't. I'm out.

02-14-2009, 08:45 PM
That is pretty brave of you to run your mouth about Scott and not post your name. That is the problem around here. Scott does the job that he is assigned to do and he does it well. Scott is my friend, but I also respect him as a officer. He has excelled at all positions he has ever held. Obviously he is not alone in wanting to look into the PBA or there would not have been so many cards signed. Many are unhappy with the job that is being done by the FOP, therefore other avenues are being explored. The people complaining about what Scott is doing are actually doing the same things themselves. People need to quit hiding behind anonymous postings.

02-14-2009, 09:17 PM
That is pretty brave of you to run your mouth about Scott and not post your name. That is the problem around here. Scott does the job that he is assigned to do and he does it well. Scott is my friend, but I also respect him as a officer. He has excelled at all positions he has ever held. Obviously he is not alone in wanting to look into the PBA or there would not have been so many cards signed. Many are unhappy with the job that is being done by the FOP, therefore other avenues are being explored. The people complaining about what Scott is doing are actually doing the same things themselves. People need to quit hiding behind anonymous postings.

Hmmmm......sounds like YOU are one taking pot shots at his personal life. The previous poster appeared to just rub it in that the PBA trickery didn't work this time. Sure he got the required cards signed but all those people didn't vote no! He does a job that I definately don't want. SOMEone has to do that job and he appears to be good at it. He appears to be good at all his responsibilities. I could care less what he does on his off time. There are worse people at this agency anyway!

So....in closing....hat's off to him for doing a good job but shame on him for trying to play on the emotions of other deputies to further his cause.

02-14-2009, 10:33 PM
If Dean Anderson comes back where does he stand on PBA versus FOP?