PDA

View Full Version : Collective Bargaining May Have RE-VOTE

02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Petitions have been going around and it seems there are some who are fed up with the FOP's lack of progress. The sheriff wants to bring it up to a vote to decide if we want to keep the FOP or switch to PBA. Any thoughts?

02-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Why would "The Sheriff" want to have a vote or even care who the CB unit is?

02-12-2009, 02:02 AM
It does not matter what the Sheriff want's, it is what the people want. They want change and fairness and representation. The PBA will provide this.They already represent a lot of of with the legal program and they certainly have a better reputation in Tallahassee with the Legislature. Rock PBA vote No FRIDAY, Give the FOP a true Friday the 13th

02-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I've been with PBA before gents and things will not change a bit. But you go ahead a do your thing and see.

02-12-2009, 12:54 PM
NICE TRY FOP BOARD MEMBER. GO HAVE A PARTY YOU HAVE SCREWED US LONG ENOUGH

02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't think the sheriff "wanted" to have a vote. He was hearing complaints from everybody in regards to FOP's DO NOTHING style.

02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
How in the world does the Sheriff have anything to do with the Bargaining Unit? I'm confused.....someone explain how and why the PBA could help us?

02-12-2009, 07:32 PM
1. Do you want to be represented by a collective bargaining unit ?

2. Are you satisfied with the progress FOP has accomplished ?

3. If not, do you want to give someone else a chance to do a better job ?

Bring on a vote and let us see what the majority thinks.

02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
1. Do you want to be represented by a collective bargaining unit ?

2. Are you satisfied with the progress FOP has accomplished ?

3. If not, do you want to give someone else a chance to do a better job ?

Bring on a vote and let us see what the majority thinks.

F-ing A!! I agree lets bring to a vote. I am resigning from the FOP.

02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
There is a meeting tonight, take your whining butt there and man up with your grievances. I for one will be there and also know for a fact that you won't. Just sit in the shadows and whine, don't get involved, give zero input, and then cry for the PBA to come to your rescue. Maybe your new president will save you.

02-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Cards were filed at 255 today

02-13-2009, 03:19 AM
I really hope that all of you truly understand what's going on here. A paying FOP member who feels slighted because he will have to actually supervise before becoming a leiutenant is using the PBA contraversy to further his hidden agenda. It was not the FOP who put the two year supervision of patrol deputies in the final contract. And seriously folks........do you want to see someone make leiutenant when they have never supervised anyone or worked there butts off for that position? Never had to put there butt on the line for a deputy or even approved a report?

Please ask someone who has read the proposed contract to explain all the positive things that are being proposed. Your rights will now be protected instead of being changed by the BOCC, the promotional process will now be fair, you will be able to use your most of your LE training classes to count for promotions instead of only CJSTC classes, you can bank 40 hours of your overtime and use it for whole days off, you can get reimbursed 100% for making a "C" in college (instead of the prior 80%).......

There are some really good things in this contract. It's not perfect mind you but it's a start in the right direction. Please come together as a united bargaining unit and vote yes on the contract tomorrow. We have been waiting long enough for a contract and there's a really good one waiting for us.

02-13-2009, 06:19 AM
PBA blows. Ask detention, who had zero input and didn't even know who supposedly representing them during the "phone-in" bargaining.........Might also want to see how satisfied (or not) our brother & sister officers are across the river.
Only thing that will ever help us is to UNITE as officers dammit.

02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me,If your FOP is so great why fear a challenge. It took more than just one person to call for a vote. If your contract is so great it will pass today, but there will still be a vote. If you recall PBA had detention a contract ready to vote on But the FOP put pressure and intimidated alot of our guys to come over to them. Happy friday the 13th.

02-13-2009, 12:57 PM
If you are talking about the Golden Boy I agree. He's a great guy and all but what does he do all day? Toy around with seized property, drive ghetto cars with 24 inch dubs and look good for Wendell. I bet old Wendell tells him he is the most handsome fellow he's ever seen, other than himslef. What they really want is no contract. Then the shurf can just pomote Goldie to Lt over the other candidiates and he's have a Lt in charge of PIO. If you ask me, Sgt H is a waste if a d-a-m-n good road officer, and I don;t care how much Wendell thinks he has a cute butt

02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I really hope that all of you truly understand what's going on here. A paying FOP member who feels slighted because he will have to actually supervise before becoming a leiutenant is using the PBA contraversy to further his hidden agenda. It was not the FOP who put the two year supervision of patrol deputies in the final contract. And seriously folks........do you want to see someone make leiutenant when they have never supervised anyone or worked there butts off for that position? Never had to put there butt on the line for a deputy or even approved a report?

Please ask someone who has read the proposed contract to explain all the positive things that are being proposed. Your rights will now be protected instead of being changed by the BOCC, the promotional process will now be fair, you will be able to use your most of your LE training classes to count for promotions instead of only CJSTC classes, you can bank 40 hours of your overtime and use it for whole days off, you can get reimbursed 100% for making a "C" in college (instead of the prior 80%).......

There are some really good things in this contract. It's not perfect mind you but it's a start in the right direction. Please come together as a united bargaining unit and vote yes on the contract tomorrow. We have been waiting long enough for a contract and there's a really good one waiting for us.

Read it CAREFULLY, only the FOP board members will get to bank comp time.

02-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree that we need a good an fair contract. I disagree with a sgt being promoted to lt without supervising patrol deputies. It circumvents the need in having patrol experience in the admin. We have enough people who sit up there as long as they want and who's job is to tear apart split second decisions. We have enough people who have rank but lacks common sense. We have enough people who want to stand in line to take their shots at the lower ranks, and yet they themselves could not work a domestic or a simple theft compaint if they were to hit the streets right now. Maybe I don't care for where the FOP is going, but the contract favors all of us. If PBA gets involved or collective bargaining goes away altogether, people like SH will be promoted and all of the #%% kissers will be the only ones to benefit from our self serving admin. If only FOP board members get to bank a little time, I'm good with that

02-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Read it CAREFULLY, only the FOP board members will get to bank comp time.

Seriously, why don't YOU "read it carefully." Here's what it says EXACTLY:

"For the purpose of mitigating the problems that occur with the necessities of directing union members to take compensatory time at the end of the pay cycle or the act known as flexing time, members of the bargaining unit will be allowed to accumulate up to forty (40) hours to be taken as the member wishes."

NO WHERE does it say that only FOP members or Board members get to bank time. This is for ALL members. Really, dude.......get your facts straight.

02-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Where does it say anything other than "union" people in any part of that statement. You do not have to be part of the union to be protected by the CBA. You need to take another look, then say your wrong--again. The FOP cares little about anything other than their own orgainzation. Open the bar pass around the chips and dip and let the FOP be the fraternal organization that made it great. Do not know if the PBA will do any better, but in those famous words of our new President, SRSO deputies need representative "CHANGE".

02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Where does it say anything other than "union" people in any part of that statement. You do not have to be part of the union to be protected by the CBA. You need to take another look, then say your wrong--again. The FOP cares little about anything other than their own orgainzation. Open the bar pass around the chips and dip and let the FOP be the fraternal organization that made it great. Do not know if the PBA will do any better, but in those famous words of our new President, SRSO deputies need representative "CHANGE".

"...members of the bargaining unit..." means EVERYone affected by the contract. And, if you are a sworn deputy, it means YOU too. Wow......you are really something.

02-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Hey smart guy......"union" members are ALL collective bargaining members. That means sworn personnel. That means YOU (if you are sworn) are a "union member." I really don't know how much more elementary it can be explained........

02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
In the beginning FOP started out with good ideas, a solid foundation and with leadership we could respect. Now FOP is lined with 'self-serving' leadership, a cracked and falling apart foundation, and lack of idea's. This situation DID NOT happen overnight, it took time and several upsets in the FOP membership AND the Board to cause this to happen.

I have read the 'new' contract and basically it sucks. IT looks like the old one but as one board member told me it has more pages and more stuff in it. Im sorry but after carefully reading it i still dont see anything of significance in it. 100% tuition rembursment for a C is not a benefit...in fact ANY time I have to pay up front for somethin it is not a benefit to me.

I guess I'm like the rest of the membership here, its time for a change.

Oh and a list of things i've suggested and keep suggesting for FOP to address and keeps getting shot down by Board Members:

1) A voluntary deferred comp (457b or a) plan that the county will math up to a certain % of what you put in. I already put extra money aside for retirement...i mean lets face it folks the FLorida retirement system isnt THAT great. and im gonna need something extra to pay for what i plan for. In fact I'd be willing to take this over a pay raise.

2) Health benefits, how bout force the county to go shopping for another provider. one that can offer some kind of relief to those that have families? Im single and dont pay anything but come on..i know some that are forking over in excess of 400 a month. thats a chunk of change.

3) making annual leave accure at 10 hours instead of 8. I work patrol and work a 10 hour shift doesnt it make sense that I should accrue leave time at that rate?

4) allow regular patrol deputies to attend out of town training classes just like the "special" ones in major crimes, k9, swat and such. I know i'm not alone when I see a class i want to attend but cant cause im not 'special'. Sides it seems all the special ones do when they go out of town is get drunk...at least I would try to learn something if ever sent.

5) Allow members to chose how much leave time WE want to give FOP for their 'representation'

6) LOWER the DAYMN DUES!!! When this was put to a vote I wanted no part of it...it was done under the plea of " we need more for legal protection" which I could understand. the second reasoning behind it was to have money for party's, trips, offices, computers, desks, a 'club house'. Sorry folks, i want no part of that crap, and why do we need a club house? Personaly i think FOP having a club house is an IA waiting to happen. Just give me the legal protection and represent me with the CB process. Allow those who dont want to participate in the extra stuff to pay lower dues. those that want to party and build a club house go right ahead and pay the higher dues.

7) FOP sends board members all over the place. Why not put out to the membership that an opportunity exists to go to a confrence or whatever and see who would like to attend? (i actually got laughed at when i suggested this one)

I think there more things i have suggested over time but I'll stop ranting.

02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
In the beginning FOP started out with good ideas, a solid foundation and with leadership we could respect. Now FOP is lined with 'self-serving' leadership, a cracked and falling apart foundation, and lack of idea's. This situation DID NOT happen overnight, it took time and several upsets in the FOP membership AND the Board to cause this to happen.

I have read the 'new' contract and basically it sucks. IT looks like the old one but as one board member told me it has more pages and more stuff in it. Im sorry but after carefully reading it i still dont see anything of significance in it. 100% tuition rembursment for a C is not a benefit...in fact ANY time I have to pay up front for somethin it is not a benefit to me.

Oh and a list of things i've suggested and keep suggesting for FOP to address and keeps getting shot down by Board Members:

1) A voluntary deferred comp (457b or a) plan that the county will math up to a certain % of what you put in. I already put extra money aside for retirement...i mean lets face it folks the FLorida retirement system isnt THAT great. and im gonna need something extra to pay for what i plan for. In fact I'd be willing to take this over a pay raise.

2) Health benefits, how bout force the county to go shopping for another provider. one that can offer some kind of relief to those that have families? Im single and dont pay anything but come on..i know some that are forking over in excess of 400 a month. thats a chunk of change.

3) making annual leave accure at 10 hours instead of 8. I work patrol and work a 10 hour shift doesnt it make sense that I should accrue leave time at that rate?

4) allow regular patrol deputies to attend out of town training classes just like the "special" ones in major crimes, k9, swat and such. I know i'm not alone when I see a class i want to attend but cant cause im not 'special'. Sides it seems all the special ones do when they go out of town is get drunk...at least I would try to learn something if ever sent.

5) Allow members to chose how much leave time WE want to give FOP for their 'representation'

6) LOWER the DAYMN DUES!!! When this was put to a vote I wanted no part of it...it was done under the plea of " we need more for legal protection" which I could understand. the second reasoning behind it was to have money for party's, trips, offices, computers, desks, a 'club house'. Sorry folks, i want no part of that crap, and why do we need a club house? Personaly i think FOP having a club house is an IA waiting to happen. Just give me the legal protection and represent me with the CB process. Allow those who dont want to participate in the extra stuff to pay lower dues. those that want to party and build a club house go right ahead and pay the higher dues.

7) FOP sends board members all over the place. Why not put out to the membership that an opportunity exists to go to a confrence or whatever and see who would like to attend? (i actually got laughed at when i suggested this one)

By all means, rant away! Your post in this thread has made more sense than some of the others.

02-13-2009, 09:12 PM

#1 - Ask the Sheriff why we don't do that.

#2 - The FOP cannot FORCE the county commissioners to change the health plan. That is for all county employees and not just us.

#3 - They asked for the higher annual leave accrual.....over and over and over again. Obviously, the Sheriff is not going to give in to EVERY demand. It's called "negotiations."

#4 - The out of town training is not up to the FOP to decide. That is up to Admin, and the FOP doesn't (and never will) pay their paychecks.

#5 - I don't even know how to respond to this considering most of you won't fight your own fight.

#6 - The FOP dues are the lowest they can be. The only party thrown is the Christmas party, and the members that attend seem to enjoy it. The FOP doesn't run out of thin air, folks. I hate to be the one to spell it out for you.

#7 - The FOP doesn't send members "all over the place." Members who are ACTIVE are eligible to attend conferences. There are three of them a year. There's also the Memorial and the Week on the Hill (but that means you will run your butt off at the State Capitol). Those are events that active members can attend. If you don't go to a meeting, how will you even know when those events are happening? If you don't go to meetings, you obviously aren't an active member.

I'm not sure what type of delusional world you're living in but the FOP is NOT a rainmaker. All they can do is fight for the best they can get. The Sheriff was extremely generous in what he has offered.

If you are not happy with the FOP, by all means go.

02-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Question:

If the PBA is "promising" raises, where will the money come from?

This IS NOT a pro FOP question, I seriously want to know how they, or anyone, will be able to bleed a turnip.

Fire away...

02-14-2009, 06:26 AM

1. There is a deferred comp plan. Outside company, just like the aflac ducky.

2. Talk to the COUNTY about the health plan.

3. Work here more than just the few years you obviously have, your monthly leave will go up. 8,110,12,14,16, etc.

4. Most of those out of town classes for the "special" ones are job related. I'd laugh at you too if you asked to go to a special sex crimes investigators course in a larger city if you worked a mid shift on patrol. Those "special" classes are not state funded, either.

5. I bet you NEVER gave the Salvation Army a dime while they were at Wal-Mart during the holidays, did you?

6. Not a big fan of the legal representation issue, but it's nice to hear that people actually get aid, $, from the lodge when they may need it. House fires, medical bills, groceries, I've seen all of the above. It's part of being a fraternal lodge.

7. I'm laughing also. Sending a non-board member to a meeting, and them expecting them to later report to the board or the members? So, why do you really want to go?

Seems lately that everyone who could be worried about WE has the W flipped and is worried about ME.

02-14-2009, 06:27 AM

1. There is a deferred comp plan. Outside company, just like the aflac ducky.

2. Talk to the COUNTY about the health plan.

3. Work here more than just the few years you obviously have, your monthly leave will go up. 8,110,12,14,16, etc.

4. Most of those out of town classes for the "special" ones are job related. I'd laugh at you too if you asked to go to a special sex crimes investigators course in a larger city if you worked a mid shift on patrol. Those "special" classes are not state funded, either.

5. I bet you NEVER gave the Salvation Army a dime while they were at Wal-Mart during the holidays, did you?

6. Not a big fan of the legal representation issue, but it's nice to hear that people actually get aid, $, from the lodge when they may need it. House fires, medical bills, groceries, I've seen all of the above. It's part of being a fraternal lodge.

7. I'm laughing also. Sending a non-board member to a meeting, and them expecting them to later report to the board or the members? So, why do you really want to go?

Seems lately that everyone who could be worried about WE has the W flipped and is worried about ME.

02-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I have a question. Did Sgt. SH (Lt. wanna be) actually drive to Tallahasse while on duty and in his company vehicle to deliver the PBA cards? I also know that he went to an agency training class while on duty and in uniform getting people to sign the cards. Can he do that? I thought the contract prevented the FOP or PBA to do that on company time? :?

02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
You had no contract and their can still be a vote as the card were filed prior to the vote. No he did not go to Tallahassee, but the cards were dlivered prior to the dead line. If a vote happens then the contract would be grandfathered and the prevailing bargaining unit would administer the contract.

02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
All we do is complain about this, that and the other. Is anyone being held captive here? We sure can talk about the other people in our department, as long it is done without attaching our name to it. Don't be a puss, if you are going to talk S@#t say it to their face. That's right we couldn't do that it might affect our possibility of promotoin that evryone thinks they are so deserving of. Look in the mirror and make the changes where they need to be made first. Then get involved in the department, instead of just the standard 40 hours. We like to talk about what narcotics and K-9 and every other specialized unit gets while the regular deputy gets left in the wings. They don't want to talk about how those dedicated deputies get called out on their days off or miss time with their families. Oh yeah and they do it without any extra pay. Nope lets talk about how so and so does this and that. What have you done to make this department better? And *****ing isn't a specialized unit, most everyone in this department seems to be doing it. So either man up and confront those that you have a problem with or shut the hell up.

02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
It's disappointing that such a small percentage of LEO's came out to vote. I also didn't agree with the lack of privacy and the FOP members telling me how to vote while they looked as I checked my ballot. I guess that doesn't make a difference now. When less than 50% of the people show up to vote, anything less than a 100% vote in favor means a majority of the department did not vote for it, although it affects them all.

02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
All we do is complain about this, that and the other. Is anyone being held captive here? We sure can talk about the other people in our department, as long it is done without attaching our name to it. Don't be a puss, if you are going to talk S@#t say it to their face. That's right we couldn't do that it might affect our possibility of promotoin that evryone thinks they are so deserving of. Look in the mirror and make the changes where they need to be made first. Then get involved in the department, instead of just the standard 40 hours. We like to talk about what narcotics and K-9 and every other specialized unit gets while the regular deputy gets left in the wings. They don't want to talk about how those dedicated deputies get called out on their days off or miss time with their families. Oh yeah and they do it without any extra pay. Nope lets talk about how so and so does this and that. What have you done to make this department better? And *****ing isn't a specialized unit, most everyone in this department seems to be doing it. So either man up and confront those that you have a problem with or shut the hell up.

All YOU do is complain about this, that and the other. Are YOU being held captive here? YOU sure can talk about the other people in our department, as long it is done without attaching Your name to it. Don't be a puss, if you are going to talk S@#t say it to their face. That's right YOU couldn't do that it might affect our possibility of promotoin that evryone thinks they are so deserving of. Look in the mirror and make the changes where they need to be made first. Then get involved in the department, instead of just the standard 40 hours. YOU like to talk about what narcotics and K-9 and every other specialized unit gets while the regular deputy gets left in the wings. YOU don't want to talk about how those dedicated deputies get called out on their days off or miss time with their families. Oh yeah and they do it without any extra pay. Nope YOU talk about how so and so does this and that. What have you done to make this department better? And *****ing isn't a specialized unit, most everyone in this department seems to be doing it. So either man up and confront those that you have a problem with or shut the hell up, fed up with the *****in

02-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I was out having caviar and oysters yesterday. I then had a $65.00 steak and my "date" and I split a $80.00 bottle of champagne.

Did I miss something? What vote? :devil:

02-14-2009, 09:09 PM
There will be a challenge vote the Blue cards were filed with perc in time to make the challenge. If you were harrassed during your vote or were coerced then you can contact PERC and file a complaint against the FOP. These actions if they occured are very unprofessional and the sign of a sinking ship and would not be tolerated by the PBA. What happened to a secret ballot.

02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
There will be a challenge vote the Blue cards were filed with perc in time to make the challenge. If you were harrassed during your vote or were coerced then you can contact PERC and file a complaint against the FOP. These actions if they occured are very unprofessional and the sign of a sinking ship and would not be tolerated by the PBA. What happened to a secret ballot.

There may have been people outside talking but I wasn't harrassed when I voted. I was asked if I had any questions (which I did). They offered to explain but were not pushy. The ones giving out the ballots were not unprofessional. Maybe there were some emotions going on with some of the other discussions, sure.....but I saw that kind of talking after people voted. The vote WAS secret (unless you decided to mark your ballot right in front of someone). They couldn't exactly put on blindfolds or hold thier eyes closed just to pacify you until you put your little checkmark. Seriously, if some of you spent as much time coming up with solutions as you do complaining, something might get done. Have you offered up any good ideas about the contract or changing our representation? Or do you just sit in the shadows and complain and then make your shift mates have to hear your whining? Nevermind.....I already know the answer to that question.

I don't think there's a sinking ship folks......only 28 LE folks voted no.

02-14-2009, 09:37 PM

This is interesting considering the person passing out PERC cards lied to people about the reason they should sign them. There are a few people that are going to asking PERC for their cards back.

02-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Nobody was bothering me as i voted and nobody tried to tell me how to vote. I could have walked off and voted privately if i chose but i could have cared less. Nobody was unprofessional. The voters spoke and everyone else had their chance to speak. Let it go!

02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Word on the streets is Sgt. SC is in deep Kimchee for passing out the perc cards. The queston is whether or not anything will be done. Any of us could get into trouble over nothing but Sgt. H could moon the sheriff and get away with it.

02-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Word on the streets is Sgt. SC is in deep Kimchee for passing out the perc cards. The queston is whether or not anything will be done. Any of us could get into trouble over nothing but Sgt. H could moon the sheriff and get away with it.

I agree

02-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Someone please give an honest answer and not just a rumor.

Is it true the PERC champion made at least 80,000 (EIGHTY THOUSAND) last year?

If it is how in the hell did that happen?

So now the whole contract is held up? Because someone who allegedly made that much money had a lesser chance of a promotion and got the blue cards out?

WTF?

02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Our contract is not held up but we will have an oppurtunity to go with a union that is not self serving. PBA does not take leave time from employees for their board members to conduct any matters. Our contract is in effect and a vote will happen ,who ever wins will take over the maintainence of the contract. GO PBA

02-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Our contract is not held up but we will have an oppurtunity to go with a union that is not self serving. PBA does not take leave time from employees for their board members to conduct any matters. Our contract is in effect and a vote will happen ,who ever wins will take over the maintainence of the contract. GO PBA

Seems as if all will go back to square one. I can't believe the ME's are shutting down the WE issue. No protection and I really hope that no one gets canned due to it. If you haven't checked it is probable that the county will cut MORE from the next budget.

So where do you think ANY barganing union, FOP or PBA, will be able to even promise to get any raises? Does anyone remotely realize what is going on in this economy?

02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
FOP or PBA you are all crooked and don't trust none of you. That remark about Sgt H mooning the sheriff and getting away with it it probably true, considering Sheriff Gaylord is our boss.

02-24-2009, 02:33 AM
How can anyone say the FOP is "self serving?" It looks like that contract benefits most everyone. I'm not really sure what ANY of you think the PBA is going to get you over and above what's in this contract.

To all you little whiny behind-the-scenes complainers........get over yourselves. No one wanted the PBA until someone serving their own personal agenda decided to pass out cards. Ask some Escambia deputies if they are BLISSFULLY happy with the PBA. And ask someone whose been there 5+ years.

02-26-2009, 12:58 AM

That's because he is the Golden Boy and #1 likes what he sees when he see's him. He can do no wrong in the shurf's eyes. He's bent on being a lt but there are others above him on the list. It doesnt matter though. The shurf will promote him despite anything else and maybe that's why the shurf is dragging @$$ on signing the contract.

02-26-2009, 09:10 PM

That's because he is the Golden Boy and #1 likes what he sees when he see's him. He can do no wrong in the shurf's eyes. He's bent on being a lt but there are others above him on the list. It doesnt matter though. The shurf will promote him despite anything else and maybe that's why the shurf is dragging @$$ on signing the contract.

I'm not sure but I think the contract went into affect all ready.

03-03-2009, 03:36 AM
I would like to take this oppurtunity to address what was said about myself and my UNIT on the above listed post. It seems we are still stuck on the SPECIAL or GOLDEN word so much these days. First I would like to give anyone the oppurtunity to come to K-9 Training with me and I will be more than glad to show you what we do to make these K-9's what they are. To further that if anyone would like to attend the training that we in K-9 do and put up with the B.S. that is talked about us constantly.... Feel Free. I will speak for myself and my fellow Unit members that we are the first to help jump calls for patrol and help out when you need us. We do that so that some of you may catch up or finish a meal or whatever else you may have to get done. I am not perfect and I could care less about going to all these classes. I have attended 2 classes in the past 3 years since I got my K-9. I can not speak for all the other units, but things would be so much easier if shallow people would step up and put their names behind what they say. Lets talk about SWAT... Can you do what they do? If you can then try out! I can say that many of these team members would have died for me on the night I got shot along with many dedicated road officer's. That is what truly matters! I guess if you do not get selected to be a handler or you do not make the SWAT team that is everyone's fault that is in a Specialized Unit! Bottom line is that you need to grow up and put your name beside what you say. If you would like to meet with myself or anyone in my UNIT please feel free to contact me or come on by the K-9 Office on Tuesday's. If people will talk like adults instead of hiding behind message boards we might start accomplishing things that are more important. These things would be like helping each other out when needed and trying to watch the backs of our fellow officer's. To finish this I would like to add that I will be there to help you in any way I can... even if you are one of the one's that hides behind your keyboard.
Roman Jackson

03-03-2009, 05:56 AM
What's with all the SH bashing on this thread. That dude works his a## off. He is three units all by himself. Escambia has entire separate units with several employees just to do the jobs that SH does alone. Since SH has been in charge of Asset Forfeiture we have seized way more crap than we ever did before. In the past, when you would seize something, the SO would just give it back. If you ever have a question about forfeiture, he is very knowledgeable about all the laws and loopholes. Same with public records and with crime stoppers. Despite all of his responsibilities he still makes 10-31's, answers patrol calls sometimes, and gets into s#!t. He is not out of touch with patrol and I think he would make an excellent LT. I think that most of the folks bashing him on this thread are probably other Sgts who know they can not beat him out for Lt. I worked with SH when he was on patrol and he worked his ass off then. I also remember when he was on SWAT and was in MC. He is way more well rounded, experienced, and educated than allot of the other Sgt's at this agency. SH does his job well and makes us all look good to the media. Someone else on this thread complained about his overtime. Go talk to the guy for five minutes and see how many phone calls he answers in this time frame. I see him out at scenes at all hours of the night, and who do you think puts out the press releases on the weekends when you 10-15 someone for some serious crap. SH is a good friend and a hard worker. We need to quit talking crap about each other and stick to the issues.

03-03-2009, 06:07 AM
I would like to take this oppurtunity to address what was said about myself and my UNIT on the above listed post. It seems we are still stuck on the SPECIAL or GOLDEN word so much these days. First I would like to give anyone the oppurtunity to come to K-9 Training with me and I will be more than glad to show you what we do to make these K-9's what they are. To further that if anyone would like to attend the training that we in K-9 do and put up with the B.S. that is talked about us constantly.... Feel Free. I will speak for myself and my fellow Unit members that we are the first to help jump calls for patrol and help out when you need us. We do that so that some of you may catch up or finish a meal or whatever else you may have to get done. I am not perfect and I could care less about going to all these classes. I have attended 2 classes in the past 3 years since I got my K-9. I can not speak for all the other units, but things would be so much easier if shallow people would step up and put their names behind what they say. Lets talk about SWAT... Can you do what they do? If you can then try out! I can say that many of these team members would have died for me on the night I got shot along with many dedicated road officer's. That is what truly matters! I guess if you do not get selected to be a handler or you do not make the SWAT team that is everyone's fault that is in a Specialized Unit! Bottom line is that you need to grow up and put your name beside what you say. If you would like to meet with myself or anyone in my UNIT please feel free to contact me or come on by the K-9 Office on Tuesday's. If people will talk like adults instead of hiding behind message boards we might start accomplishing things that are more important. These things would be like helping each other out when needed and trying to watch the backs of our fellow officer's. To finish this I would like to add that I will be there to help you in any way I can... even if you are one of the one's that hides behind your keyboard.
Roman Jackson

Well Said Roman! Also well said about SH!

03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
A while back I was sent to assist Sgt. SH with a 10-31 in the southend. I don't recall the reason for the stop, it was some kind of a BOLO. But anyway he did a great job in locating the vehicle and making an arrest. I respected him for not pawning it off on a subordinate. It's nice to know there are some guys who still remember their roots.

03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Roman Jackson

The other posts dont say anything about you, Roman, but I agree 200% what you ar saying. They are directed at Sgt H. It's still a bunch of BS but I do agree that if Sgt H wants to be a lt he needs to request a transfer and go back to the road (per the contract). That way there is no question. Oh Roman you are NOT the Golden Boy. That title belongs to Sgt H. You are the Golden Child, remember??? lol :snicker:

03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Roman, so lets say you pass on the SWAT tests and are now qualified to be on the SWAT team, then how do you pass the team vote? There have been many allegations about cliqueism and that sort of thing. R they true?

03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
So would any of you like to do what Sgt. H does? His job is not all that easy you know! Many of you guys suffer from the "what i do is important" and "what everyone else does is easy, stupid, and kissing butt" syndrome. All of you (and even me at one time) have a tendency to say that sort of thing until you get into the other person's job and then its, "oh, i never realized" or "boy i should have kept my mouth shut ha ha" and so on and so forth! There's plenty among the ranks that think SWAT is just a good ole boy fraternity that sit around outside buildings and stand guard. I'M NOT saying that's true but its just another example of how people view other peoples jobs. Don't even ask what the guys think about narcotics! So Roman throws out a tearful "why's everyone picking on us" statement but isn't that (in his defense) just more of the same people suffering from the same syndrome and saying crap about K-9 when they've never done it before. ALL jobs are important and if you guys can ever get away from the "ONLY what i do is important" mentality we might actually get somewhere. You see the same mentality on the blogs about FOP. "IF only the board would do this or do that" when none of the bloggers are willing to do anything for themselves! Maybe its because the road dogs don't get enough credit or the applause they richly deserve and the specialty units get more than they deserve but whatever the reason if y'all can drop your territorialism about everyone else's job we might just get somewhere. Now the whole Sgt. H and his perc cards is a personal issue between him and FOP of which most of us belong. That's an entirely different issue. But his job as a whole (not counting the Golden Boy title wrestled away from RJ) is not easy although it has a certain degree of flair and glamour, i.e. Nancy Grace. But lets face it he's good at it and he makes us and the agency look good to the public which only help us in the long run i.e. budgets, etc. Give the boy his due and perhaps concentrate on your job and not worrying about everyone elses!

03-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Roman, so lets say you pass on the SWAT tests and are now qualified to be on the SWAT team, then how do you pass the team vote? There have been many allegations about cliqueism and that sort of thing. R they true?

There is a team vote so that every team member has input as to whether they are comfortable with an applicant. The last thing any team wants is an azz who is in good shape and can shoot but no one trusts or likes, you need a team that can work well together. SWAT is not the same as a dui group, traffic or investigations, members of those can do other duties and still be in the group. SWAT has to work well together, they are the ones who come when there are no other viable options. I am not a SWAT member, i was long ago when the team was brought from the very infant stages towards what they are now.

03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Sgt H does a good job at what he does. So does RJ and most of the departement. Butt (sic) there is an issue of azzkissing that goes on. The deal about the perc cards being passed out, Sgt H wants to be a lt but the contract prevents it. So be it. He would do a good job, no doubt. But as another poster said if he wants to progess he needs to go to a district. Then again, Shurf Hall has never been known to set a precedence, right? He does what he wants and if Sgt H wants it that bad he'll get it, even though there are others higher up on the lt list. As far as the Golden Boy/Golden Child stuff goes, I dont remember anyone mentioning RJ's name. As usual he thinks everything is about him. Tuck in that lower lip RJ, it will be ok

03-06-2009, 04:15 AM
If Sgt SH goes to MC he will be eligble for Lt. He does not have to go to a district.

03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
As far as the Golden Boy/Golden Child stuff goes, I dont remember anyone mentioning RJ's name. As usual he thinks everything is about him. Tuck in that lower lip RJ, it will be ok

Is RJ wanting to get the Golden Boy title back from SH and move SH back down to Golden Child? Do you guys hurt his feelings?

03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! :cry:

03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Crybaby!!!! :cry:

beachguy
03-08-2009, 01:59 AM
I heard the PBA tried to get Walton County, but lost their butts on that vote